Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VERY annoying MP3 TAG error

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

VERY annoying MP3 TAG error

Old 07-04-2017, 18:31   #1
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
VERY annoying MP3 TAG error

i have 2 Queen Albums that display different tag in my PC to what is displayed in my cars media centre (Ford SYNC 3)

One is Greatest Hits, which displays as Queen's Greatest Hits (SYNC 3)

The other is Queen On Air-2: BBC Sessions 4-6, which displays as Queen II (SYNC 3), The contents can be found in the album Queen II.

Nowhere in the tag does it contain what is displayed.

They are in the pc as the folders they are stored in an I've even tried overwriting them but still no luck.

Any ideas I've used both MP3tag & Tagscan again no luck.

Could Gracenote be effecting the tags?

Last edited by Hom3r; 07-04-2017 at 18:43.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2017, 23:01   #2
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age
Re: VERY annoying MP3 TAG error

is one using tag v1 and the other tag v2, and the tags are different?

I used to use mp3 tag tools years ago
http://massid3lib.sourceforge.net/

when winamp was the normal mp3 player! winamp also lets you see the v1 and v2 tags on different pages so you can see if they're different.
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 00:37   #3
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack

Yes i find Queen very annoying as well so i hear ya
djfunkdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 21:59   #4
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I disable Gracenotes, and all the tags changed to my settings.

Apparently it is a known fault.