Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What all-in-one printers are compatible with Windows 10?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

What all-in-one printers are compatible with Windows 10?

Old 28-03-2017, 10:59   #1
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
What all-in-one printers are compatible with Windows 10?

My old faithful Epson printer (nothing wrong with it) will no long perform properly in Windows 10 the print quality is pathetic and takes around 10 minutes for one copy, I've tried downloading drivers but still no success. Can somebody please tell me which all-in-ones are compatible with Windows 10, would prefer Epson?
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-03-2017, 11:35   #2
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: What all-in-one printers are compatible with Windows 10?

Morning Tinky.

Not an Epsom but I am more than happy with the Brother DCP-J4120DW Windows 10 compatible printer I bought 18 months ago. Very simple to set up, works flawlessly over wifi and holds enough paper that I don't have to top up every time I want to print something. Add to that it's happy to accept compatible cartridges and is now priced well under £100 and I have no hesitation recommending it.

Oh and the review by Jo is mine. Not often moved to write a review but after only a couple of months I was so relieved to have made a good choice I wanted to help anyone else who was a fellow compulsive ditherer.
Old 28-03-2017, 11:51   #3
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I have the 610 version of this on Windows 10, i don't use it too much so i can't say if it is reliable, but it lets me buy and install cheap ink cartridges rather than using Epsons.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Epson-Expre...s=epson+xp-610
Old 28-03-2017, 13:04   #4
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Morning Tinky.

Not an Epsom but I am more than happy with the Brother DCP-J4120DW Windows 10 compatible printer I bought 18 months ago. Very simple to set up, works flawlessly over wifi and holds enough paper that I don't have to top up every time I want to print something. Add to that it's happy to accept compatible cartridges and is now priced well under £100 and I have no hesitation recommending it.

Oh and the review by Jo is mine. Not often moved to write a review but after only a couple of months I was so relieved to have made a good choice I wanted to help anyone else who was a fellow compulsive ditherer.
After half a dozen Epsons I also went for a Brother..Wish I had done it sooner. Although the inks are expensive they last for ages and it's turned out to be better value than all the Epsons put together. Photos are OK and documents print fine.Plus it's easier to change the inks than on the Epsons.
Old 28-03-2017, 14:08   #5
joglynne
Born again teenager.

joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
After half a dozen Epsons I also went for a Brother..Wish I had done it sooner. Although the inks are expensive they last for ages and it's turned out to be better value than all the Epsons put together. Photos are OK and documents print fine.Plus it's easier to change the inks than on the Epsons.
It was your post saying that you were pleased with your Brother printer that had me looking at what printers Brother manufactured.

Have you tried compatible inks? My printer accepts them with no problem and they are a lot cheaper. I use this supplier, £10.66 for 5 XL cartridges (2 Black, 1 Cyan, 1 Magenta, 1 Yellow)
Old 28-03-2017, 14:39   #6
Tinky
To err is human

Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Than you Jo, Maggy J, and Snoopz for your speedy replies. I eventually opted for Epson Expression Home XP-342, £34.99 from Argos, which I dragged back on the bus from town. Yet to open the box but it does say it is compatible with Windows 10, so will keep you posted on it's performance.
Old 28-03-2017, 15:01   #7
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Nice to hear you are sorted Tinky.
Old 28-03-2017, 15:15   #8
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Ive switched from Epson to Canon. Inks are a little more expensive but much better build quaility.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 15:34   #9
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

another vote for Canon here. been using them for years as I print a fair amount of photography work, as well as documents (kids homework and my own stuff). Cannot fault them. Had brother, hp and others in the past, but Canon have repeatedly impressed me with the quality of their devices.

I have the MG7550. By no means top of the range, but excellent quality for whatever I want it to do at home. Obviously, top-end / large prints are done professionally as this is only A4.
Old 28-03-2017, 16:25   #10
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

I still have Epson SX425W never had any bother when we installed W10
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 16:48   #11
Tinky
To err is human

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Nice to hear you are sorted Tinky.
Than you Jo. I really can't complain about the old one, had it about 9 years, so it has served me well, and plenty of life left in it for somebody. The new one is now up and running, if it lasts as long as it's predecessor I'll be very happy.
Old 28-03-2017, 16:53   #12
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

I have an Epson XP-630 and use it on Windows 10. I have found that if I haven't used the printer for a while it does take ages to start printing, I think it's cleaning the heads. Print quality is spot on for my needs and once it starts printing it is quite quick. I bought it in a sale just after xmas for about £50.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote