Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND to superhub

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND to superhub

Old 25-04-2012, 13:09   #1
dhes
Inactive

dhes is an unknown quantity at this point
TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND to superhub

Hi Everyone This is my first post so please be gentle

I have bought the above router and tried last night to connect it to the super hub (in modem mode) it all seemed to go ok until the set up CD tried to connect to the internet and it kept coming up as failed with the symbol in the tool bar had an exclamation mark saying there was no internet connections.
Would it be possible for somebody to walk me through the set up process or any other tips where i was going wrong?

FYI the port on the super hub is ok as i connected the laptop directly to it and it worked fine..

Thanks
dhes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-04-2012, 14:26   #2
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND to superhub

first of all put that CD back in the box and uninstall anything if may of installed on your system.

Secondly link your computer to the routers via one of the LAN ports. put this into your web browser address bar

hit enter and login, the default login for both username and password is admin

once logged in find QUICK SETUP and click on it and proceed (press next)

WAN Connection type - for VM its Dynamic IP but the auto function should be fine

click next

setup your wireless security, password. click on WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK then create your own wireless password. you can change your wireless networks name here by changing whats written in the SSID box.

your region is UK so change it if its set to anything else. wireless channels will range from 1-13. you can download inSSIDer onto a wireless capable device/Microsoft operated laptop or wifi analyizer onto a phone from the app store. scan your area for wireless networks and note which channel each uses. then set your wireless network to use a channel that isn't in use.

then click finish to end the quick install process and then reboot.

once the router comes live again power it down manually via power socket. power down your SH and link an ethernet cable to the SHs ethernet port closest to the white cable port to the routers WAN port then power up both.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 23:00   #3
dhes
Inactive

Thanks thenry I will give that a go tomorrow night ��
Old 25-04-2012, 23:01   #4
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

your welcome. let us know how you get on
Old 26-04-2012, 04:57   #5
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

You need to reboot the Superhub after having your laptop connected in order to connect the router.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 23:11   #6
dhes
Inactive

Big thanks again thenry just followed your post and all is working now👍
Old 26-04-2012, 23:19   #7
thenry
Inactive

your welcome. nice choice of router.
Old 27-04-2012, 05:09   #8
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Lies
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 12:37   #9
thenry
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
You need to reboot the Superhub after having your laptop connected in order to connect the router.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Lies
lol
Old 30-05-2012, 00:52   #10
Matty_UK
Inactive

Matty_UK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I bought this router too and I did the exact thing you described thenry and I thought it was all going so well.

Unfortunately even though it says I have internet on my routers network it still doesnt work!

At the moment I'm connected via my usual VM connection. Hmmm. I will have a play and a tinker and see what happens.

---------- Post added at 00:52 ---------- Previous post was at 00:32 ----------

Setting the superhub to modem mode seems to be the thing people say. I did try that but nothing happened. Then I tried what you said thenry and it all connected fine. I thought it was a browser problem but I cant even log onto webcam chat programs so its something else.
Matty_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 01:54   #11
thenry
Inactive

I don't fully understand.. could you elaborate
Old 30-05-2012, 11:36   #12
Matty_UK
Inactive

Matty_UK is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry bud, yes I was a little cagey in my description

A few days ago I joined here and posted about the superhub issues that seem to be universal. The message was clear. Get a router and put the SH on modem mode.

I got the WR1043ND in the post and hooked it all up following the instructions you posted. Though I cant remember if I put the SH in modem mode beforehand, which might be key (sorry Im not a massive techie). Anyway, after I tried what you suggested to the other chap in this thread things seemed to work.

I saw the network, the network status said that internet was functional. Then I went into firefox and any website I went on timed out. So I tried Opera, Chrome, safari, even the horrible IE and no websites would load.

Thinking it was a browser issue I then tried other programmes like skype to see if I could log in and that didnt work. So currently, when Im in windows, the networks that appear for me are my VM (which actually still works but only gets speeds of 15-20mbps on speedtest - torrents I get 2MB/sec max) and the router network. Both have excellent signal and both say that internet connection is fine though only the VM one works.

I thought also that it was something silly like me not pressing the wireless button on the router but that didnt help either. Im pretty sure Im being dense and there's a small setting I have overlooked. Still, at least VM is working wirelessly on my laptop, but Im paying for a 100 meg line. I thought this router would be my saviour. Well it stil might be.

P.S Before I got this router I also got this: 150Mbps Micro Nano Tiny Size Wireless N 802.11n/g WiFi WLAN USB 2.0 Network Adapter Dongle. Quite a mouthful I know. Not sure if thats interfering with things. I've used it since but its not really doing anything.

Hope thats cleared things up a little? Or convoluted matters. Thanks.
Matty_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 11:52   #13
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty_UK View Post
Though I cant remember if I put the SH in modem mode.
Before doing anything else sort out this issue so you KNOW the SH is in modem mode. Then set up a wired connection and only when that is working properly start configuring your wireless network.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 12:03   #14
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty_UK View Post
I cant remember if I put the SH in modem mode
If the Superhub is in Modem Mode you will only have a top blue light and the middle green light on.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 15:10   #15
thenry
Inactive

follow these instructions to put the SuperHub into modem mode > http://help.virginmedia.com/system/s...MER_TYPE=Cable

make sure you link an ethernet cable from the port closest to the white cable input rear of the SuperHub to the blue port rear of the TP Link router

then what I posted above.. now below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
first of all put that CD back in the box and uninstall anything if may of installed on your system.

Secondly link your computer to the routers via one of the LAN ports. put this into your web browser address bar

hit enter and login, the default login for both username and password is admin

once logged in find QUICK SETUP and click on it and proceed (press next)

WAN Connection type - for VM its Dynamic IP but the auto function should be fine

click next

setup your wireless security, password. click on WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK then create your own wireless password. you can change your wireless networks name here by changing whats written in the SSID box.

your region is UK so change it if its set to anything else. wireless channels will range from 1-13. you can download inSSIDer onto a wireless capable device/Microsoft operated laptop or wifi analyizer onto a phone from the app store. scan your area for wireless networks and note which channel each uses. then set your wireless network to use a channel that isn't in use.

then click finish to end the quick install process and then reboot.

once the router comes live again power it down manually via power socket. power down your SH and link an ethernet cable to the SHs ethernet port closest to the white cable port to the routers WAN port then power up both.