Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 20:41   #2131
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acathla View Post
Amazon have it for £44.86

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Live-Gi...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

Oh and it is a Online Game Code rather than through the post.
Cheers, i got it from electronicfirst for £44.99 earlier.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:01   #2132
Acathla
cf.mega poster

Acathla has reached the bronze age
Acathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Cheers, i got it from electronicfirst for £44.99 earlier.
No worries.

Just for anyone else, Amazon also have a Special Offer listed on this page:

Free £5 Xbox Live Credit When You Buy £50
When you purchase a £50 Xbox Live Gift Card (download version only) at Amazon.co.uk, you'll receive a code for £5 extra Xbox Live credit. Codes are sent via email upon purchase. Offer valid until April 21, 2014, while supplies last.
Acathla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 16:33   #2133
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Has anyone bought Kinect Rivals? if so is it worth buying?
Old 12-04-2014, 18:13   #2134
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Has anyone bought Kinect Rivals? if so is it worth buying?
I want to buy it and would also like to know if its any good
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 19:05   #2135
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

I've got it, and I like it
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 19:40   #2136
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Wish the digital version was less than £50 though!
Old 13-04-2014, 03:37   #2137
Acathla
cf.mega poster

Acathla has reached the bronze age
Acathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze age

It's a bit of fun but I really struggled with the kinect in my small room. Kinect 2.0 is better width wise but when doing the rock climbing, it just cant see my feet and arms at the same time

If you play on your own I wouldn't bother. If you play with mates or family then I can see it being a good bit of fun.

£50 though is a lot for a game you will just pick up now and then and not really put hours of gameplay into.
Acathla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 14:53   #2138
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Wait, Kinect Sports Rivals is the full £50?

Meh. I'll give that a miss then!
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 17:37   #2139
Bogof

Services: BT Infinity 80Mb down, 20Mb upload. Syncing @ 148Mb down, 44Mb up. TRUELY UNLIMITED/UNMANAGED/UNTHRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Wait, Kinect Sports Rivals is the full £50?

Meh. I'll give that a miss then!
Matt,

Having read through your posts I know for a fact you're far to intelligent to pay £50 for a game. So as you probably already know on Amazon you can buy a £50 credit for £44 with a free £5 included.
Old 15-04-2014, 13:49   #2140
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

April update rolling out:

http://majornelson.com/2014/04/14/ne...g-out-tonight/
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2014, 20:58   #2141
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

I particularly like this:

Quote:
Silent reboot after system updates and system update on demand now available. If your console is in Instant On mode, the update will happen automatically and return to standby upon completion. This means you won’t need to power on your console after an update moving forward. If you want to take future updates when available without waiting for your console to do it on its own, we’ve added this option under system settings and you’ll be able to use it next update. It will only show as available when there is an update to take.
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2014, 16:57   #2142
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
I particularly like this:
Yes i do too and it works great. Had a few beta updates since this came in place and every single once was fully instaleld for when i turned console on
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2014, 16:09   #2143
lowei
Inactive

Services: BT INFINITY sky hd
lowei has a spectacular aura about themlowei has a spectacular aura about themlowei has a spectacular aura about themlowei has a spectacular aura about them

I have just worked out how to share digital games as there is 2 xboxones in my house, mine and my sons, so instead of buying two copies of a game disc i can now download a game and share it with my son, so we can both play online at same time.

You can share downloaded games with one other person.

No wonder digital games are more expensive.
Think this will now save me a small fortune

---------- Post added at 16:09 ---------- Previous post was at 15:58 ----------

Two users, two consoles

So a single console with multiple users is pretty straightforward. But with multiple consoles, things get a bit more hairy.

For starters, you need to deal with an Xbox One feature called "home Xbox," where each user that is signed in to an Xbox One must have one console that is configured as their home Xbox. (If you only have one Xbox One, then that will be the home Xbox for all configured users.) When you configure a console as your home Xbox, any user that signs in to that Xbox One can play any of your downloaded games without having to first sign in as you.

Read that one again, because it's important: When you configure a console as your home Xbox, any user that signs in to that Xbox One can play any of your downloaded games without having to first sign in as you.

That means that the converse is also true: On a non-home Xbox One, users will need to sign-in as you before they can play any of your downloaded games.
lowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2014, 20:53   #2144
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Use Xbox 360 controller on the X1

http://www.neowin.net/news/cronusmax...n-the-xbox-one
Old 18-04-2014, 16:04   #2145
tozol
Inactive

tozol is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys, really need your help, bit of a story, and I'm not even sure you can help me, but this is my first visit and post after a Google search.

OK what it is, I'm the owner of Cranky Gamers UK gaming podcast, and I regular twitch stream, from both my Xbox One and PS4.

Now here's the major problem, yesterday I finally upgraded my Sky internet to there new self instal Fibre, with there new snazzy black box...and yup, went smooth as anything, literally unplug and replug all cables in, and withing minutes my speed had gone from an abysmal 5meg download, and 0.5 upload, to a respectable 34 download, 9 upload.

So yup was well pleased, however on my first twitch stream yesterday on the PS4, it failed with an error, and upon checking I cured the problem following instructions changing the primary and secondary DNS settings on the connection to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. respectably, and sure enough..alls well worked fine.

Now to the xbox one today....I will say my poor speeds prior to fiber actually wouldn't work at all, just said speeds not good enough.
So couldn't wait to try my new settings....however, just would not work...
and by that I mean, it started broadcasting, and even says live on the xbox one, however nothing ever appeared on my channel on twitch, cranky gamers UK.

So fixes I have tried are...obvious with an xbox one, hard reset lol,
then I uninstalled Twitch, reinstalled, even disconnected old xbox settings on twitch, and then even re input a new number to connect to the xbox one.

So anyone any idea whats happening, just seems to me that the new Sky hub as good as it is, has thrown a spanner in the works of both consoles...working with twitch.

any help much appreciated.

one final thing i forgot to mention, I also changed the DNS settings on the Xbox, to the same as above..but no joy...also tried both wired and wireless connections, but still no luck.

thanks for your time and patience reading this.

j
tozol is offline   Reply With Quote