Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Travelers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Travelers

Old 22-10-2016, 18:49   #1
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Travelers

Started last week.

Quote:
Hundreds of years from now, the last surviving humans discover the means of sending consciousness back through time, directly into people in the 21st century. These 'travelers' assume the lives of seemingly random people, while secretly working as teams to perform missions in order to save humanity from a terrible future.
The series is a co-production between Netflix and Showcase.

Just watched Ep 1 and enjoyed it, looks quite promising so far.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-10-2016, 21:08   #2
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Travelers

So they 'leap' into people?

Sounds like part of the idea from quantum leap slightly
Old 22-10-2016, 21:41   #3
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Maybe, but thats hardly unique to QL, in this case they only do it the once.

Old 23-10-2016, 08:52   #4
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

I thought it was a companion series to My big fat gypsy wedding.
Old 23-10-2016, 17:49   #5
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Ep01 didn't tick any boxes for me
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2016, 17:58   #6
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I am really intrigued so far. I am still trying to plough my way through the new series and I only watched ep 1 last night. I like the tone of it and will defo watch a few more eps. I love thinking about time travel and the fact that these guys are taking it seriously and going out of their way not to meddle with the timeline is great.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2016, 01:38   #7
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Travelers

Travelers - a new time travel series appeared on Netflix just before Christmas.

It's about a group of people, the travelers, whose minds travel back in time to people in this century who about to die and the travelers take over their bodies. Their mission is to save humanity!

I don't watch linear television at any other time of year, so why make Christmas any different.... so I've been binging on some series' and this is the first of them.

It's quite a good Canadian sci-fi drama, a bit more intelligent than the standard American fare, think Continuum, if you've seen that. Yes, its far fetched, but I've quite enjoyed it. So if you have Netflix (or other means...) give it a try.
Old 28-12-2016, 02:17   #8
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Watched the final two episodes yesterday, thanks to it now being released on Netflix (on the 23rd).

Loved most of the episodes, there was one I thought was a bit duff (the one after they deflected the asteroid).

I was disappointed they "reset" Marcy.

The final episode finished on a cliff hanger, so I hope they renew it.
(That final episode was directed by Amanda Tapping [Samantha Carter in Stargate]).

Old 30-12-2016, 19:49   #9
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

....sorry, didn't see your original thread!

I think with Marcy the producers wanted to make the character tougher as she is meant to be on some kind of military mission. Yep, I noticed Amanda Tapping directing, plus you always get the same actors in Canadian dramas. I think they have about a dozen actors in the entire country!

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 18:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I am really intrigued so far. I am still trying to plough my way through the new series and I only watched ep 1 last night. I like the tone of it and will defo watch a few more eps. I love thinking about time travel and the fact that these guys are taking it seriously and going out of their way not to meddle with the timeline is great.
But they are trying to mess with the timeline though, watch a bit more.... it's meddle with a capital M!
Old 30-01-2017, 14:03   #10
OLDGOLD
cf.addict

OLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enough

I've recently finished watching this and loved it. I was a bit unsure after the first couple of episodes, but kept with it and glad I did.

I loved the drama aspect of the travelers having to deal with the everyday lives of their hosts as well as take on their missions at a moment's notice. Adds a lot more depth to those kind of sci-fi shows where its just a case of a new mission/case every week to deal with.
OLDGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2017, 14:09   #11
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Yep, I noticed Amanda Tapping directing, plus you always get the same actors in Canadian dramas. I think they have about a dozen actors in the entire country![!
Think again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._and_actresses
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 00:11   #12
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I loved seeing Rommi in Arrow, I just hope she is in it a lot more.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 03:54   #13
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I loved seeing Rommi in Arrow, I just hope she is in it a lot more.
She's definately in for the rest of this season. Loved the English accent too!
Old 06-03-2017, 01:36   #14
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Travelers will be back for Season 2 in the Autumn.

Old 06-03-2017, 03:08   #15
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

YES!

Well deserved return!