Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media 70, 150 & 200 Mb Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media 70, 150 & 200 Mb Upgrades

Old 12-11-2015, 12:41   #781
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all
Re: Virgin Media 70, 150 & 200 Mb Upgrades

My 'free' speed upgrade was originally going live at the end of November.

I checked just now and it's available already, however as i get less than 10Mb in the evening i won't bother with the upgrade.

If i did would it start a new 12 month contract?
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2015, 16:48   #782
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post

I checked just now and it's available already, however as i get less than 10Mb in the evening i won't bother with the upgrade.

You have filed a fault report and got money off your bill? I get £10 a month off due to my speed dropping to 50mbit from 100mbit most evenings.
Old 12-11-2015, 17:04   #783
TAZMANUK
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt Package, V6, 1 gig bb, WiFi max 2 pods, maxit TV, anytime chatter
TAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TAZMANUK

Quote:

Yes it would but...their is a price increase in February which will state you can come out of contract, so you can come out say 3 months time.
TAZMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2015, 21:45   #784
jem16
Inactive

jem16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
No it specifically states that it does not enter you into a new contract.
jem16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2015, 22:07   #785
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Mine was November, now its December.
Old 17-11-2015, 22:28   #786
23prince
Inactive

23prince is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
No surprise that they're conveniently now putting bundle price up £3.50-£4 per month at the same time as the 'free' upgrades.

On the bright side, it's an extra chance to re-negotiate.
I had no idea they had! when I got my bill yesterday I called them - upshot is 30 days notice and ta-ra! I can't use my line unless I am up at 3am. Some of us work. The problem is not many people round here do and that's why it sucks.

---------- Post added at 22:28 ---------- Previous post was at 22:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
You have filed a fault report and got money off your bill? I get £10 a month off due to my speed dropping to 50mbit from 100mbit most evenings.
When my SH2 was stuck on 50mbps config the tech agent told me I was on wireless and therefore I should connect a cable. When I asked if the superhub would get 70 in the current config he said yes. Wow, it can defy physics. Awesome!

As it happens I recorded the call. Just incase
23prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2015, 00:16   #787
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
My upgrade to 150Mb went live today.

How do u have such a high upstream?
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2015, 00:48   #788
23prince
Inactive

23prince is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
How do u have such a high upstream?
Upstream on 152 is 12 but are 100 customers still only getting 6 when they upgrade?
23prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2015, 09:12   #789
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23prince View Post
Upstream on 152 is 12 but are 100 customers still only getting 6 when they upgrade?
The new 150mbit tier has 10mbit upload.
Old 18-11-2015, 11:32   #790
Virgin N00b
Inactive

Virgin N00b is an unknown quantity at this point

It looks like ours has been upgraded (TW18).

Virgin N00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2015, 11:36   #791
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Unless your on the big kahuna there is no point paying for 200meg. 150meg is £7 cheaper and has 10meg upload
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2015, 11:43   #792
Virgin N00b
Inactive

Virgin N00b is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Unless your on the big kahuna there is no point paying for 200meg. 150meg is £7 cheaper and has 10meg upload
That's quite a sweeping generalisation.

Some people might want the extra upload and download and be prepared to pay the extra £7 for it.
Virgin N00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2015, 12:04   #793
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgin N00b View Post
That's quite a sweeping generalisation.

Some people might want the extra upload and download and be prepared to pay the extra £7 for it.
Then they have more money than sense. What does 200mb allow you to do which 150mb doesn't? Majority of devices can't utilise these speeds anyway and they make diddly squat difference in the real world.

Once speeds went above 10mb it's all because become a numbers, marketing 'mines bigger than yours' suckerfest.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2015, 13:20   #794
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Just rang up to renew my Annual Line Rental Saver, and was offered the 200Mb - took it.

Two minutes later -

If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2015, 14:22   #795
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

I've just registered for our upgrade from 50 to 70 and had the confirmation email. Just waiting for the new config to be available. Not really fussed about the down speed but almost doubling the up speed will be nice. As a percentage increase it's better than the higher tiers.

I'm trying to remember from the last time whether you have to manually re-boot the SH to get the new config or it gets done remotely?