Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Video Door Bell

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Video Door Bell

Old 30-04-2024, 20:06   #16
Corey N Georgie
cf.addict

Services: 1GB Volt, Telephone all Inclusive.
Corey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the rough
Re: Video Door Bell

I've been looking on Amazon and the 2 brands I've narrowed it down to are either blink or iegeek.

Just wondered on members recommendations on these brands here.

Thanks.
Corey N Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2024, 11:21   #17
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey N Georgie View Post
I've been looking on Amazon and the 2 brands I've narrowed it down to are either blink or iegeek.

Just wondered on members recommendations on these brands here.

Thanks.
Having had blink . Glad I changed to ring , itsso much better hint buy a spare a second battery needs hours to charge .
Old 03-05-2024, 14:21   #18
Corey N Georgie
cf.addict

Corey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the rough

Well I've bitten the bullet and ordered this doorbell.......

ieGeek Upgraded 2K HD Video Doorbell Camera Wireless with Battery Chime, WiFi Smart Door Camera with Motion Detection,5600mAh Battery, 2-Way Audio, IP66 Waterproof, Night Vision(SD Card Not Included)

https://amzn.eu/d/1wDgSlj

I will let u all know what it's like when we use it.

Also ordered this microsd card.......

Integral 128GB Micro SD Card 4K Video Premium High Speed Memory Card SDXC Up to 100MB s Read and 50MB s Write speed V30 C10 U3 UHS-I A1

https://amzn.eu/d/bRkdhvg
Old 03-05-2024, 14:59   #19
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

blink all the way, get it with the sync 2 module, you will never need a paid sub.
Old 03-05-2024, 15:26   #20
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
blink all the way, get it with the sync 2 module, you will never need a paid sub.
I have this setup. My only grumble with it is the lack of compatible chime. It's linked to the Echo dot in the kitchen, which is fine if within earshot, and also my phone - which is fine if it's not on silent. But it's definitely not as practical as having a high-pitch, standalone chime in the hallway that can be heard anywhere in the house.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 15:29   #21
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
I have this setup. My only grumble with it is the lack of compatible chime. It's linked to the Echo dot in the kitchen, which is fine if within earshot, and also my phone - which is fine if it's not on silent. But it's definitely not as practical as having a high-pitch, standalone chime in the hallway that can be heard anywhere in the house.
I get round this by using our old standard doorbell (which has a speaker in the hall, and can be heard throughout the house), and a Blink camera next to it.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 20:49   #22
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Don't have video, don't have a doorbell. If anyone wants my attention , they can knock on the door politely and wait. I might or might not respond. Bit old fashioned I know
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 21:50   #23
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Don't have video, don't have a doorbell. If anyone wants my attention , they can knock on the door politely and wait. I might or might not respond. Bit old fashioned I know
And you could always get the butler to snap a few candid daguerrotypes of any miscreants lurking around the doorway in your absence.
In all seriousness they are really useful and most seem to work pretty well.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 16:28   #24
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
That was one of the reasons I changed to ring. Didn't want to go down the echo route . Not bothered about the annual sub to record everything can hear bell in most of the house.
Old 10-05-2024, 21:21   #25
Corey N Georgie
cf.addict

Well I revieved the doorbell and low and behold its faulty.

I set the cam up and it logs onto my Wifi thats fine, during the process then it requires u to scan a QR code on the cam from the phone screen, it scans and plays and very nice tune and then spends 2 and half mins attempting to find the camera and fails.

I tried 22 times and failed so i will send it back for something else, can anyone suggest one with easy setup? Im now deteriorating and not as mentally with it when it came to IT as i once was and Georgie just doesnt have a clue.
Old 11-05-2024, 11:44   #26
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Well I revieved the doorbell and low and behold its faulty.

I set the cam up and it logs onto my Wifi thats fine, during the process then it requires u to scan a QR code on the cam from the phone screen, it scans and plays and very nice tune and then spends 2 and half mins attempting to find the camera and fails.

I tried 22 times and failed so i will send it back for something else, can anyone suggest one with easy setup? Im now deteriorating and not as mentally with it when it came to IT as i once was and Georgie just doesnt have a clue.
Some doorbells can only use 2g wifi and get confused if there's a 5g signal there as well. Does your setup have 2g and 5 g separate? if not that may be one option. Personally I'd send it back and get the Blink offering (or possibly Aosu which I have found to be really reliable).
Old 11-05-2024, 12:17   #27
Corey N Georgie
cf.addict

Yes 2g and 5g are seperate, it even asks you to choose the network u want to choose and the network password.

Im thinking of buying this Blink one.....
https://www.amazon.co.uk/blink-video...ps%2C84&sr=8-1

Along with this blink flash drive......
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08HB9TN...1R_productInfo
Old 11-05-2024, 19:02   #28
daveeb
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Yes 2g and 5g are seperate, it even asks you to choose the network u want to choose and the network password.

Im thinking of buying this Blink one.....
https://www.amazon.co.uk/blink-video...ps%2C84&sr=8-1

Along with this blink flash drive......
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08HB9TN...1R_productInfo
Looks a good price. As long as you can definitely store the footage locally on the flash drive you won't have to go down the subscription route once the free trial ends.
Old 12-05-2024, 14:20   #29
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
Looks a good price. As long as you can definitely store the footage locally on the flash drive you won't have to go down the subscription route once the free trial ends.
When I was looking you needed an echo smart thingy to hear the bell , didn't want one. Mine found and uses my virgin WiFi could use the "door bell" WiFi if I so choose. Very happy with it .Good luck with what ever you go with
Old Yesterday, 20:23   #30
Corey N Georgie
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
I got the blink one with a 64gb flash drive and blink mini cam to use as a chime for the door bell. So far so good.