Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Linksys WAG54GS Shutting down?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Linksys WAG54GS Shutting down?

Old 04-08-2007, 17:59   #1
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!
Linksys WAG54GS Shutting down?

Evening all,

Today, for no particular reason, my Linksys WAG54GS router has decided to power off.

It's done it a few times now - the only thing I can think of is that it might overheating.

I've put a fan next to it see how it goes...

Any ideas as to the cause?

Cheers

Lee
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2007, 18:53   #2
7@m3 G33k
Inactive

Services: 3 for £30 & I still pay 25p/min tech support?!?
7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era7@m3 G33k has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Linksys WAG54GS Shutting down?

Sounds plausible. I have cheapo D-Link access point that gets very hot when it's on. I don't use wireless much at home so I leave it switched off most of the time. Not much help seeing as it's your router as well though...
7@m3 G33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 19:17   #3
LSainsbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7@m3 G33k View Post
Sounds plausible. I have cheapo D-Link access point that gets very hot when it's on. I don't use wireless much at home so I leave it switched off most of the time. Not much help seeing as it's your router as well though...
It has been rather hot today - and it seems to have stabilised since putting a fan on it.

Actually it has been busy transferring a lot of data to my NAS as well, so it might just need a rest!
Old 05-08-2007, 14:24   #4
LSainsbury

Update - had one of those live chat /online chat things with Linksys today (aren't they great, a small wait and you're talking to somebody!), from the info I gave them they have said it's hardware fault, so I need to speak to TS in order to get it replaced.

Will contact them later!!