Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Apprentice 2012

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Apprentice 2012

Old 21-03-2012, 23:17   #1
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
The Apprentice 2012

First programme of the series and it's already shaping up to be a corker.

One has to wonder where these "best of the best" business brains live in the real world. They clearly don't watch TV or they'd know not to over exude confidence and all the overused cliche phrases that just draw our attention to their naivety. Given that they are supposed to be the brains of the future you'd hope they would have learn't from previous seriies but no the same traps are fallen into again and again. And of course you need to learn when to shut up or you will talk yourself into the receiving end of Lord Sugar's "Your Fired" finger

And the best bit is the follow up BBC2 post mortem on the firing as you watch the candidate try and salvage an ounce of credibility
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-03-2012, 06:34   #2
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Apprentice 2012

Can see plenty of scope for them making a complete mess of things. There are also a few I'd never tire of punching in the face.

Can't see any standouts just yet.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 08:17   #3
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

I think the Apprentice, judging solely by last night, is getting tired and needs a rest. The men's products were crap, lousy quality and the price was a bit too high for the rubbish. The women, if they had worked a bit better and had Gabrielle worked out a price instead of leaving it until the last minute may have seen them win last night.

At the moment, none of them look like a worthy winner but it surely can only get better next week?
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 08:22   #4
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

The best bit last night was watching Bilyana talking herself into getting fired right at the last moment. That blonde girl couldn't believe her luck.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 11:04   #5
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze

I know, what a dopey woman she was. Paloma did that in her series, Alex was a goner until Paloma attacked him. Sugar doesn't like that sort of thing, so bye bye Paloma.
Old 22-03-2012, 12:51   #6
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

After watching The Apprentice since the start, there have been very few candidates that I would employ. It seems that most of them don't live in the real world. An example is in the last series when they needed to get a top hat. Now I know you would be unlikely to get one from a market stall, but somewhere like Moss Bros would have been a fraction of the price they paid in the West End. In fact I suspect that even Harrods would have been.

Alan started off from humble beginings, and he likes people who are more street wise. But I sometimes wonder if they select these idiots for entertainment value.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 13:01   #7
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Sadly, I too think the show has probably run it's course, in its present format anyway. It's getting too predictable and the tasks too similar but it's still worh watching, just. Britain's brightest talents? I must say that quite a few of the candidates would be more accurately referred to as Britain's biggest BS merchants. It's a bit like Big Brother with suits and I'm pretty sure many are chosen for their entertainment value more than anything else.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 13:05   #8
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

I think that maybe they should pick candidates for the next series from more working class backgrounds. Or even from unemployed.

I bet they would be far better at the value for money tasks.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 21:06   #9
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

My mate Ricky is on there so this is the first time I've watched

I don't usually like this sort of show because of the egos however I can see how much is put-on. The guy on-screen is part Ricky Hype (the wrestler) and part himself, so it's all an act. He's using his usual 'bad guy wrestler' persona and it's fairly entertaining so I'll give this a go.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 00:53   #10
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

So Russ's mate won.

But overall this series wasn't as good as the others. The candidates were more toned down than in previous series, with none of them really being the types that you wanted to shout at the TV at. Yes many had egos that were too big, and they made the same mistakes as in previous series, but there was very little that was memorable.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:43   #11
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

The one that I wanted to win was Jade, but she lost out because her business plan was for a call centre. When I heard that, I sort of went of her a bit.

My brother was upset yesterday when he found out that Katie had gone weeks ago.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:55   #12
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

this series was fun but yeah a bit tame compared to other years when you had proper characters that you could detest to the max (other than Steve in this series)
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:17   #13
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

I didn't like that Jenna. Christ, the voice just made me want to pull my hair out. Had to mute it when she was on screen.