Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Big Brother UK - Series 11 Pre Launch Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Big Brother UK - Series 11 Pre Launch Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 21:45   #76
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
re: Big Brother UK - Series 11 Pre Launch Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFrankie View Post
Ok i didn't know what that was until i googled it lol, that could work.
Haha. They better make this series go out with a bang and make sure there are plenty of innovative tasks otherwise it's gonna be a load of rubbish.
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2010, 21:49   #77
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by defirish View Post
Voted. 5 was my all time fav and nothing will beat that
I voted 7, i absolutely loved that season

---------- Post added at 21:49 ---------- Previous post was at 21:46 ----------

More news

Quote:
Hi DS:BB fans,

I've been chatting to some of the folk at Endemol about an upcoming Channel 4/ E4 documentary about the history of Big Brother.

The show's history has strong connections with the growth of Digital Spy over the past decade and there will be plenty of mentions about the legendary DS Forums and forumers on the show.

As part of the programme, they are looking for 'serial auditionees', who have tried to get on every series but have always failed. If you are such a (unlucky) person, then get in contact with leonie.hutson@endemoluk.com. You may just get your 15 minutes of TV fame at long last!

I'd also love to hear from long-term DS forum members, who can explain why they always come back to the site to discuss Big Brother. Why do you keep coming back here every year? And what are some of your favourite DS:BB threads of all-time? They can be funny, controversial or just plain silly!

I'll be checking back on here over the next couple of days, so feel free to let me know what you think!

Alex Fletcher
Digital Spy Reality TV Editor
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 22:03   #78
Sasha222
Inactive

Sasha222 has a nice shiny starSasha222 has a nice shiny star
Sasha222 has a nice shiny star

Taken from bbspy/http://www.bbspy.co.uk/0201/news/marlow-itll-be-a-fun-summer

From what they are saying expect the unexpected. Well the unexpected I would like is that for the last show they would give us back 24/7 live feed. Now that would be good. Also it says it starts in June so they are going to wait till Bgt is over

---------- Post added at 21:03 ---------- Previous post was at 20:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
Haha. They better make this series go out with a bang and make sure there are plenty of innovative tasks otherwise it's gonna be a load of rubbish.
I dont think they will put much effort into it because I have a funny feeling that they will want it to fail so no other station will want to take it and have better ratings than they ever had. They want rid of it and are sick of it and cant wait to see the back of it
Sasha222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 22:08   #79
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Taken from bbspy/http://www.bbspy.co.uk/0201/news/marlow-itll-be-a-fun-summer

From what they are saying expect the unexpected. Well the unexpected I would like is that for the last show they would give us back 24/7 live feed. Now that would be good. Also it says it starts in June so they are going to wait till Bgt is over

---------- Post added at 21:03 ---------- Previous post was at 20:49 ----------

I dont think they will put much effort into it because I have a funny feeling that they will want it to fail so no other station will want to take it and have better ratings than they ever had. They want rid of it and are sick of it and cant wait to see the back of it
I think its all based on new programming, the show is very old now, just look at Jonathon Ross show, ratings are very high but yet they axe it, its all about new shows they want to grace our screens with, i think they axed jonathan Ross anyway, Ben will know.
Old 02-04-2010, 22:12   #80
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

They didn't axe it, he's leaving the BBC
Old 02-04-2010, 22:12   #81
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Quote:
ah, then scrap my post. lol.
Old 02-04-2010, 22:16   #82
Sasha222
Inactive

They axed Jonathon Ross because of the scandel and Channel 4 were in talks for to take him on but all of a sudden they didn't want him. I dont think many stations will take him on because at the comedy awards he made some stupid comments again about the girl thats taking over from his show that discusses films that are coming out

---------- Post added at 21:16 ---------- Previous post was at 21:16 ----------

Quote:
They fired him in a nice way
Old 02-04-2010, 22:17   #83
Ben B
Inactive

Quote:
On Thursday 10 January 2010, Ross announced that he was leaving the BBC after working for the corporation for 13 years. He will finish his last series of Friday Night with Jonathan Ross before he will leave the corporation altogether, however it is still unknown when he will finish his Saturday morning show on BBC Radio 2.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_..._Jonathan_Ross
Old 02-04-2010, 22:25   #84
Sasha222
Inactive

I watched half of a show of his and turned it of because I thought he was full of himself and was dog ignorant but then thats me. Each to their own
Old 04-04-2010, 15:20   #85
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

can't be too far away now
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 16:35   #86
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

Remember, it's not actually Channel 4 who produce it. It's Endemol, and they *will* want it to to go to another TV channel.

As such, it won't be in their interest to make it boring.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 16:41   #87
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
Remember, it's not actually Channel 4 who produce it. It's Endemol, and they *will* want it to to go to another TV channel.

As such, it won't be in their interest to make it boring.
See i always thought Channel 4 made it or something, im guessing Channel 4 wanted to keep it but Endemol wanted change.
Old 04-04-2010, 16:47   #88
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFrankie View Post
See i always thought Channel 4 made it or something, im guessing Channel 4 wanted to keep it but Endemol wanted change.
Actually, it's the other way around. Endemol want to keep making it (and why wouldn't they, it's their primary source of income?). Endemol make it (and the other programmes, like Big Mouth and Little Brother), then Channel 4 pay for the rights to show the programmes.

Channel 4 have axed it to save money. This is far from the only programme they have axed. Three others that spring to mind are Wife Swap, that cleaning show with Kim and Aggie and Star Stories (which due to legal costs, was apparently very expensive to produce).

It's worth noting that Channel 4 do not actually produce their own shows. Every single show is outsourced to production companies.

I know it's sad that I know that, but I have a friend that worked first on the set for Emmerdale, then for the BBC and then for Channel 4. She used to love talking about all the famous people she met while working at Emmerdale and the BBC, but when she worked for Channel 4, she moaned that due to the fact they outsourced all production, it was like working in a normal office. In fact, I got lectured at great length.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 18:48   #89
Sasha222
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
Actually, it's the other way around. Endemol want to keep making it (and why wouldn't they, it's their primary source of income?). Endemol make it (and the other programmes, like Big Mouth and Little Brother), then Channel 4 pay for the rights to show the programmes.

Channel 4 have axed it to save money. This is far from the only programme they have axed. Three others that spring to mind are Wife Swap, that cleaning show with Kim and Aggie and Star Stories (which due to legal costs, was apparently very expensive to produce).

It's worth noting that Channel 4 do not actually produce their own shows. Every single show is outsourced to production companies.

I know it's sad that I know that, but I have a friend that worked first on the set for Emmerdale, then for the BBC and then for Channel 4. She used to love talking about all the famous people she met while working at Emmerdale and the BBC, but when she worked for Channel 4, she moaned that due to the fact they outsourced all production, it was like working in a normal office. In fact, I got lectured at great length.

Could you ask your friend would she go back to work just for the time bb is on and ask them would they put back on the lve feed for us as its the last show. Tell your friend we wont expect her to stay there after bb is over. We just want our live feed back.
Old 04-04-2010, 19:02   #90
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

i hope we get more live feed this time as last time it was rubbish everytime i switched on at 00 they were all asleep plz more live feed 24/7 like it used to be
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote