Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | John Arne Riise's Payslip Leaked on Internet

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

John Arne Riise's Payslip Leaked on Internet

Old 01-11-2007, 00:17   #31
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Re: John Arne Riise's Payslip Leaked on Internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas View Post
To be honest with you I had little respect for footballers before now.I've certainly got none now...
Because they earn a lot of money?

If you were in their position would you say "Oh no, i don't want that much, i'll just take half of that"?

I doubt it.
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2007, 12:57   #32
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
Because they earn a lot of money?

If you were in their position would you say "Oh no, i don't want that much, i'll just take half of that"?

I doubt it.
Because no footballer will ever do anything that will change my life where as there are and have been other professionals who have done me and my family more good than watching anyone chase a ball across a stadium.

As for the money..well I get paid enough...and if I get more then it's because the government have allotted teachers more pay.However there are those who get less than I (not forgetting this chap gets more per month than I've earned in 5 years) who are just as professional and have far more impact.It's the huge difference in comparison than I'm astounded by.

Footballers as heroes?PURLEEEZE let's not go there..Role models for my children?Well perhaps some were in the past.These days I wouldn't want any child of mine to take any professional footballer for a role model.Petulant,drunken,rowdy and sometimes criminal are not qualities I want younger generations to learn.Dedicated maybe but so are many police,soldiers,sailors,coastguard,paramedics and NSPCC workers to mention just a few who deserve paying better for their dedication.

And remember football fans have been asked to pay more and more for the opportunity to watch these footballers.If they weren't paid these wages your chance to watch the sport would be cheaper.Possibly the high wage earners at the top may encourage a trickle down effect to the players at the bottom of the leagues but I'd be dubious as to how big a trickle it has turned out to be.
Old 01-11-2007, 13:24   #33
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

I think your stereotyping footballers far too much. Nearly all footballers who earn the top money do huge amounts of charity work, whether it be donating money or putting their name to charaties to raise awareness.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai...9/sfneng09.xml

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....all_for_united

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/7024589.stm

These are just examples of what football players do, not bad role models in my eyes.

As for the fans paying for their wages, yes ticket prices have gone up but stadium facilities are getting much better at the same time. A lot of the money for wages comes from t.v money. I think the wages the top players get is right because of the money they bring to the club through people wanting to watch them play, whereas lower league players aren't constantly in the public eye and don't generate enough money for the club to earn higher wages. You would expect the better workers in any profession to earn more than those not as good.
Old 01-11-2007, 13:43   #34
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I agree not all footballers are necessarily poorly behaved.However the ones who seem to get the big bucks do seem on the whole to be going down that route these days..Also every industry earning big bucks goes down the charity route.Look at the music and fashion industry as an examples..but there are still music stars and fashion icons I would hate my children to emulate.

I'm reminded of the parable of the widow's mite...The Pharasee makes a great show of giving to charity so everyone can see how generous he is while the widow waits for him to finish and leave.Then she goes very quietly unnoticed by anyone and puts all she can manage to give as charity..the smallest value coin of a mite.

I'm sure a lot of footballers and other sportsmen are very quiet about their charity donations.Good for them but at the end of the day they are very privileged to have the choice of being as generous with such huge earnings.I'm sure though that there are many without such resources who are just as generous proportionally.
Old 01-11-2007, 14:01   #35
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Personally, I think Gerrad's hospital dash was more to PR then anything else. Yes a lot of players contribute a huge amount to charity, but if we do look at it in proportion to their income its not really that much.

Does anyone know more of what happened to the Footballers Donating A days wages to Nurses campaign that took part a while back. The last I heard, a lot of footballers had still not paid on their pledges.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 14:07   #36
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
Personally, I think Gerrad's hospital dash was more to PR then anything else. Yes a lot of players contribute a huge amount to charity, but if we do look at it in proportion to their income its not really that much.

Does anyone know more of what happened to the Footballers Donating A days wages to Nurses campaign that took part a while back. The last I heard, a lot of footballers had still not paid on their pledges.
http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_...188771,00.html
Old 01-11-2007, 14:13   #37
superbiatch
Inactive

Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
I have to disagree. The guy was distraught when he hit the kid, i know how that feels and i'm sure his hospital dash was to ease his own conscience. It sounds awful but even if it isn't your fault, you always feel to blame.
superbiatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 16:43   #38
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
I thought they only named & shamed the players who had pledged money and not donated.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 23:22   #39
Tricky
Inactive

Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Tricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful one

Bit of a worry that his address, payslip including NI number is on the net. Damn sure I wouldn't want my data like that on the web. Identify Theft!
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 23:35   #40
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
Bit of a worry that his address, payslip including NI number is on the net. Damn sure I wouldn't want my data like that on the web. Identify Theft!
I'm wondering who does his paperwork...after all I keep mine for a while before shredding them...and if I didn't shred them I'd certainly rip them up.