Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What music are you listening to?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment

What music are you listening to?

Old 19-09-2017, 15:53   #13036
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Re: What music are you listening to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caff View Post
Well that's a crowd and half!
Did they play anything new? Hmm mebbe they actually didn't need to

Wallis Bird - Bring Me Wine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2kP_r34fQw
They played one new song from the album at the very end of the encore. Other than that it was some quick fire classics then the Joshua Tree from beginning to end.

We had VIP tickets (nudge nudge, wink wink) and got this natty commemorative pack including (wait for it) a U2 harmonica!

package.jpg
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-09-2017, 00:42   #13037
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
They played one new song from the album at the very end of the encore. Other than that it was some quick fire classics then the Joshua Tree from beginning to end.

We had VIP tickets (nudge nudge, wink wink) and got this natty commemorative pack including (wait for it) a U2 harmonica!

Attachment 27087
A harmonica? Well I guess that the harmonica might have taken The Edge off it.
I know now that it was a tour celebrating their JT album.
No disrespect to the band intended.
I'm full of curiosity - were you encouraged to play along?

Nerina Palot - If I know you.
So sweet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKaYNRFPNm8
Caff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 01:15   #13038
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caff View Post
I'm full of curiosity - were you encouraged to play along?
We tried but they were in the wrong key

Currently listening to a classic from my buddies from SF who are always persuading me to buy new gear:

Inhalt - Black Sun
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 13:59   #13039
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Just found an old CD in a record fair of old song from Marty Robbins, Really enjoyed it,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2017, 09:07   #13040
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

The new Trivium album Sin and the Sentence

https://open.spotify.com/album/3qq44o8Qqvz5JQ7b5AevLT

---------- Post added at 08:07 ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 ----------

The new Trivium album Sin and the Sentence

https://open.spotify.com/album/3qq44o8Qqvz5JQ7b5AevLT
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2017, 07:17   #13041
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

I'm Mandy fly me - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Jb9m1N67g
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:33   #13042
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Listening to my supertramp record (Even in the quiestest moments)

Current song: Babaji
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 02:15   #13043
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Im listening to my Grateful Dead record (1971 concert)

Current song: Playin
Old 02-11-2017, 22:03   #13044
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Sleaford Mods - English Tapas, seeing them tomorrow night, should be an entertaining gig
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 17:29   #13045
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Listening to my J Geils Record (Monkey Island)

Current song: Monkey Island
Old 03-11-2017, 18:38   #13046
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

The Traveling Wilburys - End Of The Line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMVjToYOjbM

Boney M - Ma Baker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c5yPIQ3LQI

Billy Joel - Piano Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxEPV4kolz0

Kenny Rogers - The Gambler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj4nJ1YEAp4

Siouxsie And The Banshees - Dear Prudence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6rrTROoZIw
Old 05-11-2017, 08:46   #13047
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Boy you got alot your listening to mate!!
Old 05-11-2017, 09:00   #13048
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Boy you got alot your listening to mate!!
My broad taste stems from my Dad and my long in the past DJ days.
Old 05-11-2017, 14:18   #13049
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Country Music on Celtic Radio,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 15:00   #13050
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Gonna bounce this one into here . .

I've been listening to some old Radio 1 rock concerts, mainly from the Friday Rock Show (Tommy Vance RIP) if any here remember those days.

link to wiki http://fridayrockshow.wikia.com/wiki/Concerts

Also on that site are quite a few downloads of complete or partial recordings of the actual shows, broadcast 10 to midnight Fridays.

For an old guy like me it's been a very entertaining trip down memory lane, lots of stuff heard that I'd long forgotten about . . . like this for example:

Taurus - Paper Chaser https://youtu.be/58JoX_eb-18
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote