Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Policemen have started wearing nail varnish...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Policemen have started wearing nail varnish...

Old 21-10-2017, 20:18   #16
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Policemen have started wearing nail varnish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Haha. Being serious I would speculate that the massive cuts carried out by our now joke of a Prime Minister are a far more likely cause
Yep that just about succinctly sums it up.
Old 21-10-2017, 21:50   #17
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite66 View Post
So that's why crime is up 13% the police can't chase after crims in high heels!

meanwhile, unfriendliness is now a hate crime.
According to a meeting that I went to recently about discrimination based upon disability, it's because hostility is now viewed by the police as a form of bullying.

If someone doesn't like someone, the police would still expect them to be treated with respect and courtesy. This is especially the case if the reason is because they are vulnerable or in a minority group.

I think it's because even bigots, bullies etc have found that most decent people reject and socially isolate them when they are upfront about it, so they try to hurt and discriminate against people in a more subtle manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
What is strange is that the (right wing) press seem to make more of a fuss about this non-story than the news that the Met is cutting back on the crimes they are able to pursue due to budget cuts:

'Not practical' for Met Police to investigate all crime

The Tories have long since moved away from the position of being the "Party of Law and order" it seems ..
I do tend to agree with this Ian, it's probably a classic case of deflection.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2017, 14:59   #18
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

A top officer has now lambasted police for carrying out these gimmicks:

http://www.ok.co.uk/tv/strictly-come...-bussell-horny
Old 23-10-2017, 15:27   #19
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I think they want to privatise the police.
Old 23-10-2017, 16:29   #20
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I think they want to privatise the police.
I hope to God that they don't Maggy, but you may well be right. A tactic that has been used as an excuse to privatise other public services has been to deliberately run them down, starve them of investment and generally discredit them.

My own opinion is that some services are better provided by the public sector, some by the voluntary sector and some by the private sector, but policing isn't one of them.

Education isn't either IMO. I remember when they wanted private companies to sponsor schools too, there were fears that teachers, books etc would be covered in corporate logos for places like McDonald's!

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 23-10-2017 at 16:32.