Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SH2ac v SH3 - Advice Please

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

SH2ac v SH3 - Advice Please

Old 05-10-2017, 06:16   #1
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute
SH2ac v SH3 - Advice Please

Hi guys,

Not posted in a while but always a keen reader of CF.

I’m a big believer in the old adage of if it ain’t broke don’t fix it so I probably already know the answer to my query but just wanted to seek opinions from you guys with more technical knowledge.

I’m on 100Mbps with a SH2ac but just agreed to a new deal for the Player Bundle as, whilst I don’t need the TV, it’s kept me at a price I’m happy with for the 100Mbps and phone. As part of this deal they are sending me a V6 and SH3.

My first thought is to just leave the new kit in the box and continue with my existing setup as I’ve read many posts on various forums regarding issues with the SH3. I did read a few posts regarding the fact that Apple AirPrint doesn’t work on the SH3 and if that’s the case then I think I am best sticking with the SH2ac as I do use AirPrint.

Anyway enough waffling and just wanted to ask for opinions from those who’ve experience of the SH3. Does it still have issues or have they all now been ironed out? Should I use it or stick with the SH2ac as I’m thinking?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Superblade7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2017, 10:19   #2
JordanTheToaster
I Toast Bread

Services: Vivid 350?
JordanTheToaster is on a distinguished roadJordanTheToaster is on a distinguished road
Re: SH2ac v SH3 - Advice Please

Keep your 2AC and leave the H3 somewhere away from your connection.
JordanTheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:30   #3
dave.m
cf.addict

dave.m is an unknown quantity at this point

If you live in a higly congested area the SH3 might be better due to more downstream channels but other than that SH2ac all the way imo.
dave.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 14:38   #4
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I am with you dude, I loved the shub2 and was on 200mbits for ages and it worked absolutely fine. I begrudgingly had to accept a shub3 last month when I upgraded to 350mbits because it can bond to 24 downstream channels versus the 8 that the shub2 can. I haven't had any problems at all, especially speed wise, but I have always used the shubs in modem mode and I have got my own proper router. I suggest you do the same.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 20:33   #5
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, you’ve reassured me I’m doing right to stick with the SH2ac. Cheers!
Superblade7 is offline   Reply With Quote