Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !
Closed Thread

Old 29-03-2017, 21:25   #766
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Re: Brexit: Article 50 HAS BEEN TRIGGERED !

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
i have prosecco wot wiv the exchange rate n that
Actually, I have prosecco as well but said champagne as leave voters are obviously too stupid to know what prosecco is
Advertisement
Old 29-03-2017, 21:28   #767
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
Actually, I have prosecco as well but said champagne as leave voters are obviously too stupid to know what prosecco is
its cheaper and tastes better ,its a good deal and that's what we all want a good deal ..
Old 29-03-2017, 21:32   #768
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
Eu are banned :
Old 29-03-2017, 21:34   #769
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

We'll see. Desperately hope I'm wrong, for my kids sake. No one wants the UK to fail. If the TMs intentions are genuine and she wants to be a 'close ally', trading with the EU, begs the question why leave in the first place. Brexiters constantly shouting down and trolling anyone who dares to think different isn't going to help the country come together (a separate issue from Brexit). The vote wasn't overwhelming, the country is evenly split. Many who voted for Brexit are feeling misled e.g. NHS funding.
Old 29-03-2017, 21:39   #770
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
We'll see. Desperately hope I'm wrong, for my kids sake. No one wants the UK to fail. If the TMs intentions are genuine and she wants to be a 'close ally', trading with the EU, begs the question why leave in the first place. Brexiters constantly shouting down and trolling anyone who dares to think different isn't going to help the country come together (a separate issue from Brexit). The vote wasn't overwhelming, the country is evenly split. Many who voted for Brexit are feeling misled e.g. NHS funding.
i see you listened to both sides
Old 29-03-2017, 21:40   #771
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
We'll see. Desperately hope I'm wrong, for my kids sake. No one wants the UK to fail. If the TMs intentions are genuine and she wants to be a 'close ally', trading with the EU, begs the question why leave in the first place.
Sovereignty and control
Ally: "a person or group that gives help to another person or group." ....as opposed to member: "a constituent part of any structural or composite whole"
We don't want to be a constituent part of the EU, which is structually unsound.

---------- Post added at 20:40 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
its cheaper and tastes better ,its a good deal and that's what we all want a good deal ..
I see what you did there

Last edited by Ramrod; 29-03-2017 at 21:53.
Old 29-03-2017, 21:52   #772
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

FYI: A couple of posts have been deleted today because it had no bearing on the Topic.

ALL Members (Including myself), now need to start moving Forward. There has been far too much back biting and them vs. the others.

We are ALL Leavers now whether we like it or not.

Article 50 has been invoked, IMO we now need to move forward and discuss the way forward, there is no point in continuing to discuss the merits of staying or leaving because that moment has now passed.

Areas that we should try to discuss amicably regardless of which way you voted:
  • What kind of deal do we want?
  • What kind of deal are we likely to get?
  • Current reactions to the Prime Minister invoking Article 50 from the other EU Member States?
  • Realistic time table, will this be completed before March 30th 2019?
  • What key areas should the UK be try to negotiate on and which ones should they avoid?
  • Business announcements: I.E Will this encourage or drive business away?
  • What should the settlement divorce fee be and should we pay some of it, all of it, or none at all?
Old 29-03-2017, 22:20   #773
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l voted to stay but we are going out now and that is it but l won't hesitate in giving a rational opinion on certain aspects of Brexit and of course it would be nice if some forum members would stop resorting to calling us remoaners or resorting to other personal insults either but alas that might be too much to ask one suspects.
I see nothing wrong with rational debate at all. Now that A50 has been triggered perhaps we will get it.

Hopefully now Mr K & 1andrew1 will stop with their doom and gloom.

I seriously doubt it though.

Now more than ever is the time to stop the pettiness and become united.
Old 29-03-2017, 22:42   #774
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I see nothing wrong with rational debate at all. Now that A50 has been triggered perhaps we will get it.

It's all Brexit's fault. It'll rain tomorrow, the dustmen will make a mess outside, the car won't start and some luvvie somewhere will claim they're leaving the UK in search of 'freedom' in the EU.
Old 29-03-2017, 22:52   #775
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Osem, I realise your reply was light hearted and I got it and don't mind at all but there are those that may.

I just want everyone to show solidarity now that A50 has been triggered. There's no turning back so let's just get on with it united and together.
Old 29-03-2017, 23:08   #776
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Osem, I realise your reply was light hearted and I got it and don't mind at all but there are those that may.

I just want everyone to show solidarity now that A50 has been triggered. There's no turning back so let's just get on with it united and together.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the reply I gave earlier:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...&postcount=763

It is the only sensible thing to do now but I can't see it happening sadly.
Old 29-03-2017, 23:47   #777
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post

I refer the honourable gentleman to the reply I gave earlier:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...&postcount=763

It is the only sensible thing to do now but I can't see it happening sadly.
I agree whole heartedly.
Old 30-03-2017, 00:34   #778
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Again you attempt to make the unsubstantiated claim that all those who didn't vote would have voted remain. I'll make the opposite claim that they all would have voted leave giving leave a thumping majority.
Let's stick to the facts shall we? I am not making any claims ...

---------- Post added at 23:34 ---------- Previous post was at 23:22 ----------

Quote:
I agree whole heartedly.
The hypocrisy here is staggering. There are threads on this forums that are years old with 1000's of posts where people including yourself have endlessly complained about the EU and how we should leave, etc. etc. 1000's of posts day after day after day ad nauseum ...

Did you shut up and stop arguing your case? No you did not. Why should you? No one has a divine right to absolute truth and no one has the right to tell people to shut up and "tow the party line" as seems to be happening here.
Old 30-03-2017, 00:41   #779
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:

It's not much of a debate if the only news allowed to be discussed is sugar-coated and only one side of a debate entertained. That type of type of approach is wholly unBritish.
Old 30-03-2017, 00:50   #780
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Mick has asked us to move the discussion forward. I am sure most of you have read the Prime Minister's letter today to Donald Tusk. It seems like a good place to start our new, less adversarial, exchanges .

Personally speaking, I think it is an excellent lead: it is conciliatory without appeasement; it sets the right tone. Cometh the hour, cometh the woman.

Surely, we advanced civilisations can make an agreement to our mutual benefit and keep our pride and friendship intact and surely here at CF we can emulate it.
Closed Thread