Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Does anyone here use MS CRM?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Does anyone here use MS CRM?

Old 27-09-2005, 13:09   #1
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman
Does anyone here use MS CRM?

Hi,

I have this to set-up at work to manage our contacts and sales but It's a bit over whelming to me and I thought I could handle any package.
What I need to set-up is our sales team although I'd like to set up other departments as well so its future proof. I have managed to get 4 users on and assign them to a sales team, I got a contact in but I cant find how to add a price list or the other many things required. Looking at the implamentation guide (420 pages) it seems this whole setting up thing is a mega task that requires some thought.

So..... anyone used it, is it good and how much should I set it up and are there good books you would reccomend?
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-09-2005, 14:10   #3
handyman
Permanently Banned

handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Re: Does anyone here use MS CRM?

I was actually wanting a recommendation.. Have you actually used the product or any of those books?
Old 27-09-2005, 14:12   #4
atlantis

No, sorry, just looking to get you as much info as I could find.
Old 27-09-2005, 14:15   #5
handyman
Permanently Banned

A few of your links refer to 'CRM' aka customer relationship management. This a a technique rather than the Microsoft product. ie same as providing links to a double glazing manufacturer when someone requested MS windows information.

Sorry if that sounds a bit off its just a bit frustrating this product, Its just so large.
Old 27-09-2005, 14:23   #6
atlantis

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman
A few of your links refer to 'CRM' aka customer relationship management. This a a technique rather than the Microsoft product. ie same as providing links to a double glazing manufacturer when someone requested MS windows information.

Sorry if that sounds a bit off its just a bit frustrating this product, Its just so large.
Agreed, maybe I got carried away "cherry picking" the best info, or so I thought, after multi searches on microsoft knowledge base, then google.

Hope you find what you're looking for, good luck!
Old 27-09-2005, 15:27   #7
handyman
Permanently Banned

Getting there with it. boy they like to make it complex. Its almost as complex as the bespoke accounts software the likes of ntl use
Old 28-09-2005, 10:31   #8
handyman
Permanently Banned

So does anyone actually run crm? I have It set up but theres a error on one of the users. I set it as netdomain\user when I think I should have set NETDOMAIN\user. It runs off a sql database and i can access the datbase manager but have no idea how to do a search to find the database field to edit it as it will not let me edit this one filed in the crm itslf including logging in as admin?

heeeeeeeelp
Old 28-09-2005, 14:09   #9
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

Do MS provide you with a data dictionary, so you can see what all the tables hold, and which field in which table you need to modify? If you've got access to that, then the SQL syntax is dead easy. If you don't have access to a data dictionary, then it's gonna be trickier and longer to do.

ps - for what it's worth, I'v enever used MS's CRM application, but many, many, many years ago I played around with Goldmine briefly. It was OK, as far as I can remember.
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 12:06   #10
SDTEch
Inactive

SDTEch is an unknown quantity at this point

No most of time i used sugar & suite crm for my projects. really find great deals with them.
SDTEch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 19:45   #11
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Oldest resurrected post ever??