Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 06-04-2011, 22:48   #3346
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Currently watching "A Time To Kill" on Blu Ray. 8/10. In my opinion, it is the best of the John Grisham adaptations. Good cast, good story. Well directed and looks surprisingly good considering the fact that a lot of 90s films were shot on video. Not to mention the fact it has both Ashley Judd and Sandra Bullock in it.

The last film I saw at the Cinema? "The Eagle". Surprisingly epic historical fiction from Channel 4. Seems to be part historical epic and part road movie, but works well all the same.

7/10.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2011, 02:21   #3347
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Hobo With A Shotgun

Damn that was awesome! It's got loads of blood and violence. So awesome.

8/10
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:54   #3348
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
Hobo With A Shotgun

Damn that was awesome! It's got loads of blood and violence. So awesome.

8/10
Yeah, I found it fun to watch too. 6/10

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:14   #3349
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Harry Brown 9/10

Could call it the British version of Gran Torino

Caine still has it!
Old 08-04-2011, 06:03   #3350
Eyeaz
Inactive

Eyeaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Due Date 9/10

A lot funnier than the reviews it was given
Eyeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 16:56   #3351
SteveAWOL
Inactive

Services: XL TV with V+ | L Broadband (10Mb/1Mb) | XL Phone with International
SteveAWOL is an unknown quantity at this point

The last movie I saw in cinema was Limitless which I thought had a clever premise but rapidly became a rather daft action-thriller 5/10

Prior to that I saw The Eagle which had some good fight scenes and the Highlands looked stunning on the big screen but the rest of the movie was rather dull and predictable 6/10

Also saw True Grit last month which was a good solid Western movie but not quite up the standards of the Coen Brothers best movies 7/10
SteveAWOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 19:44   #3352
ChrisLUFC22
Inactive

Services: Sky Q
ChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to all

I Spit On Your Grave (remake) : Very violent, disgusting, disturbing, twisted, absolutely pushes the limits of what's acceptable on film - fantastic . 8/10 (slow starter though).
ChrisLUFC22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 22:07   #3353
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Transporter 2 7/10 even crazier than the first, but more quality brainless action fun
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 13:14   #3354
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Saw an advanced preview of Insidious last night. It's a new horror from the team that created Saw and Paranormal Activity.

9/10 brilliant and totally terrifying. We were also treated to a Q&A with the writer and director as well :-)
Old 16-04-2011, 15:42   #3355
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

scream 1

10/10

they are well good movies love watching scream movies
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2011, 15:53   #3356
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

The Rite - Very good 7/10

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2011, 22:05   #3357
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Transport 3 5/10, v disappointing after other 2, more of the same would have been good, but too much conversation with stupid annoying woman, and not enough fighting, chases or guns
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2011, 22:59   #3358
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
Transport 3 5/10, v disappointing after other 2, more of the same would have been good, but too much conversation with stupid annoying woman, and not enough fighting, chases or guns

I didn't bother with 3. I loved one, but was bored by two.

My last movie: Sucker Punch. This was better than I was expecting, but you won't enjoy it if you are expecting a sensible story line. Thankfully, I realised this a few minutes after the film started, so was able to put my mind in neutral and enjoy the action, which was impressive, if a little video game like in places. It's actually a lot like The Matrix in that way.

So, if you are expecting a good story well told, you'll probably be disappointed. If you are expecting good special effects, a good soundtrack, and some pretty girls kicking some serious ass in impressive sequences, try it, you may like it. The only downside is that camerawork can sometimes make it a little confusing to follow the action. It even looks a little like "Tekken" or "Virtua Fighter" in places.

One track that stands out is the one played over the intro to the movie. Emily Browning (who plays the lead, "Baby Doll", in the film) did an absolutely brilliantly haunting cover of "Sweet Dreams (are made of this)".

6/10.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2011, 17:14   #3359
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Resident Evil:Extinction

At least I could fast-forward through to the action scenes.

3/10
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2011, 20:24   #3360
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Source Code

8/10.

Very good, but I think that "Moon" is the better film.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote