Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2011/12

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Season 2011/12
Closed Thread

Old 25-07-2011, 20:15   #166
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Football Season 2011/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post

I bet somewhere.. Sir Alex was on his feet!
Yes I'm sure he was. Also probably saying to himself "Yeah, coming back from behind when everyone thought a team was well beaten in a CL final, no other English club has done that in ages..."

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Advertisement
Old 25-07-2011, 20:17   #167
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Yes I'm sure he was. Also probably saying to himself "Yeah, coming back from behind when everyone thought a team was well beaten in a CL final, no other English club has done that in ages..."
made me laugh

Oh, and watching the Dunfermline vs St Mirren match. I missed football, and watching this, still missing it
Old 25-07-2011, 20:22   #168
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I hope your not going on about the 1999 final because that was nowhere close to matching Istanbul in any stretch of your imagination. ''Well beaten'' at 1-0?
Old 25-07-2011, 21:05   #169
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze age
Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I hope your not going on about the 1999 final because that was nowhere close to matching Istanbul in any stretch of your imagination. ''Well beaten'' at 1-0?
I support Arsenal.

Man United's comeback beats Liverpool's by a country mile. However good Liverpool's was, they actually drew the match and won on penalties. Meh.

Oh, and Man United's sycophantic fans are slightly less annoying than Liverpool's.
Old 25-07-2011, 21:41   #170
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
You 'hope'?! Does that scare you?!

I understand anyone suggesting I'm biased but 1999 had a hell of a lot more drama than the Liverpool final. Yes 'well beated' because up until the 89th minute we had no way through to Bayern. They absorbed everything we threw at them, until THAT corner...

Don't get me wrong, on a sporting level I'll agree Liverpool's final was exciting but I think most sensible people will agree that United's final had that little bit more.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 26-07-2011, 18:23   #171
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
You 'hope'?! Does that scare you?!

I understand anyone suggesting I'm biased but 1999 had a hell of a lot more drama than the Liverpool final. Yes 'well beated' because up until the 89th minute we had no way through to Bayern. They absorbed everything we threw at them, until THAT corner...

Don't get me wrong, on a sporting level I'll agree Liverpool's final was exciting but I think most sensible people will agree that United's final had that little bit more.
I just like good football. But i seen Man Utd's game, because there seemed to be a chance (only 1 down). Whilst Liverpool, I think I switched off at half time...but no doubt would have been excited if I'd watched it live
Old 28-07-2011, 18:26   #172
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

The Man City Sergio Aguero deal has been completed, he's signed a 5 year contract.. I think he'll play really well with Silva feeding him balls
Old 28-07-2011, 18:31   #173
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
The Man City Sergio Aguero deal has been completed, he's signed a 5 year contract.. I think he'll play really well with Silva feeding him balls
Yes Aguero is a player l have watched a lot on Sky's spanish footballl and he is a very talented player and in my mind he is better then Tevez.
Old 28-07-2011, 19:00   #174
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

He's more of a front man than Tevez.. Tevez though is a better all rounder..

My worry though is if he can make the change in style from Spanish to English football
Old 28-07-2011, 19:02   #175
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
He's more of a front man than Tevez.. Tevez though is a better all rounder..

My worry though is if he can make the change in style from Spanish to English football
Yes l believe given time he will adapt to the Premier League.
Old 28-07-2011, 19:07   #176
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
This I do not like. I now take City seriously as a top-3 finish club.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 28-07-2011, 19:08   #177
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Yes behind my team Liverpool.
Old 28-07-2011, 19:18   #178
Kymmy
Inactive

Quote:
Well we did it last year...

City though need to prove that they won't do their usual and self destruct for the middle of the season as they do normally start and finish well.

So who's the top three Russ... City, Chelsea and Arsenal??

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

Talking of Arsenal I wonder if the talk of Fabregas and Nasri going is true and how they'll cope losing two such play makers..
Old 28-07-2011, 19:37   #179
colin25
Inactive

Top three this season, Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea

Tottenham, Liverpool and arsenal fighting for 4th, 5th and 6th
Old 28-07-2011, 19:41   #180
colin25
Inactive

And the match between Santos and flamenco was some game

As was Lille v Marseille

Both 5-4s..both good games
Closed Thread