Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 30-06-2015, 20:51   #781
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Possibly an update problem,check the link.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/12...entry596907578
yep I had them update requires restart errors that be why I could not get new build no matter what I did could not sort them errors
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-06-2015, 21:00   #782
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
yep I had them update requires restart errors that be why I could not get new build no matter what I did could not sort them errors
Could it be something else on your PC that is stopping them installing?
Old 30-06-2015, 21:30   #783
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Could it be something else on your PC that is stopping them installing?
found a en-gb esd just made a ISO so gonna install now

on build 10158 now install went find got all drivers installed now just programs to reinstall
Old 30-06-2015, 22:50   #784
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
found a en-gb esd just made a ISO so gonna install now

on build 10158 now install went find got all drivers installed now just programs to reinstall
Excellent, hope it works well for you like it did here.
Old 30-06-2015, 23:09   #785
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Excellent, hope it works well for you like it did here.
some forums are saying build 10159 showing on fast now I have changed don't see it yet
Old 30-06-2015, 23:18   #786
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
some forums are saying build 10159 showing on fast now I have changed don't see it yet
That was quick! I won't get chance to install it until Thursday but will check in the morning if I have it.

This build has over 300 fixes.

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...10-build-10159
Old 30-06-2015, 23:23   #787
Dave42
cf.mega poster

it's official still don't see it though

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwin...ther-pc-build/
Old 30-06-2015, 23:25   #788
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

If I get up early I may install, just hope I see it.
Old 30-06-2015, 23:35   #789
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
If I get up early I may install, just hope I see it.
me too after not seeing build 10158
Old 30-06-2015, 23:42   #790
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
me too after not seeing build 10158
Good luck I hope you see it this time! Lol
Old 01-07-2015, 08:38   #791
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Well, that's another install this afternoon then! heh.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:42   #792
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Tomorrow for me no time today.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:49   #793
Dave42
cf.mega poster

build 10159 here working great so far
Old 01-07-2015, 08:54   #794
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Alot of reports saying it is buggy, sound issues for some people and apps that won't open.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:46   #795
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Upgraded last night, and am at work today, so haven't had a lot of time to test it.

The interface seems a little cleaner, and I haven't really noticed any bugs.

However, rather bizarrely, while I was able to activate Cortana when connected to the machine via Remote Desktop, when I tried to activate her while actually sitting at the PC, I was told Cortana was not available in my area. Same keyboard and language settings for both sessions.

One thing has been fixed. I use Infuse Pro media player to download and play media on my various i devices. Infuse can accept media in most formats via various means including downloading it from Windows (SMB) shares. Infuse was unable to connect to Windows 10 shares (just carried on showing the busy revolving circle for as long as you left it). Now, it can.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote