Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 19-12-2015, 11:08   #1531
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Something a little disconcerting in the small print there specifically for W10.

"A device may not be able to receive updates if the device hardware is incompatible, lacking current drivers, or otherwise outside the Original Equipment Manufacturer’s (“OEM”) support period."
Not really just stating what has always been true. Nice of MS to point it out.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-12-2015, 11:47   #1532
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Oh well I'll stick to Win 8.1 then as it's supported until 2023 I'm sure by then Windows 13 will be out, maybe by then the beta testing will have stopped
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2015, 18:24   #1533
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcimedes View Post
Not really just stating what has always been true. Nice of MS to point it out.
It is only true in regard to W10 not any previous OS.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2015, 22:12   #1534
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

My work laptop has picked up and installed W10 Build 10586 but my main home PC is still running 10240. WU isn't picking the new build so can I just go to the Windows Update page, download the MCT tool kit and create a new ISO or upgrade to 10586 from there?
Old 23-12-2015, 22:52   #1535
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSainsbury View Post
My work laptop has picked up and installed W10 Build 10586 but my main home PC is still running 10240. WU isn't picking the new build so can I just go to the Windows Update page, download the MCT tool kit and create a new ISO or upgrade to 10586 from there?
You should be able to use the upgrade tool as long as you have the right version of 10 installed, try it.
Old 24-12-2015, 17:07   #1536
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
You should be able to use the upgrade tool as long as you have the right version of 10 installed, try it.
Just done it and it worked! Took about 35 mins - now running 1511 Build 10586.36

Is this the latest??
Old 24-12-2015, 22:41   #1537
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Just done it and it worked! Took about 35 mins - now running 1511 Build 10586.36

Is this the latest??
It should be the latest if that is what the tool did.
Old 28-12-2015, 22:16   #1538
Dash: CF noob
cf.geek

Services: VM MAXIT TV360 Volt 1gb. SH5 WIN 10 7" Tab, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Dash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of society

Got a new WIN 8 tablet last week so i upgraded it to 10 straight away, not overly keen on the apps blocks layout but it works fine.
So decided to take the plunge with my WIN 7 laptop this morning as i thought it would help getting used to the tablet etc. Downloaded months ago so on the laptop ready for upgrading, took almost 2 hours for update to finish and now seems to be working fine, only noticeable differences are the start menu and appearance.
Dash: CF noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2015, 09:20   #1539
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Once I got the thumbs issue I had months ago sorted, I loved 10. Wouldn't go back to 8 at all.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2015, 11:46   #1540
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Once I got the thumbs issue I had months ago sorted, I loved 10. Wouldn't go back to 8 at all.
I agree 10 is great and I could never go back to 7 or 8.
Old 29-12-2015, 11:56   #1541
solitaire
Inactive

solitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the rough

Same here, I love Windows 10. Computer boots quicker than Windows 7 and seems to run better all round. No issues at all since I installed it.
solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2015, 03:03   #1542
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:

Is this the latest??
yes that's latest build
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 21:04   #1543
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I would have another try now with edge. I don't know why I bothered as on trying to order something from Amazon it wont accept my password. I change back to IE 11 and password goes in OK.

Is there a feature in edge that stops you pasting the password in? which is the only reason I can think of.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 21:16   #1544
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
I thought I would have another try now with edge. I don't know why I bothered as on trying to order something from Amazon it wont accept my password. I change back to IE 11 and password goes in OK.

Is there a feature in edge that stops you pasting the password in? which is the only reason I can think of.
No idea, you could test it by entering it manually and also on another site.
Old 12-01-2016, 21:17   #1545
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:

Never had any problems with Amazon on edge here
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote