Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems

The Xbox One Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 19:08   #976
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Here is a really good comparison video for Battlefield 4 between all the consoles, current gen and next gen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdIpSpJyWSY
Will I think the Xbox ONe and PS4 versions look pretty similar I personally think the Xbox One version looks just that bit nicer.

Both next gen do look a lot better that current gen though.

Just gutted I can't get a One till at least next year
Old 04-11-2013, 19:12   #977
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age

Will be interesting to see the difference between cod ghosts ps4 and xbox one , it seems xbox one upscaling is the mutts nuts because there really isn't a difference and in motion no difference at all , I'm 100% happy with my decision and can't wait for the 23rd
Old 04-11-2013, 19:22   #978
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I think the textures look better on the X1 version of BF4, just hope it looks as good on my 40in TV.

Roll on the 22nd November and it is a Friday i am on early shift so any missed delivery from Tescos i should be able to atleast get it by Saturday.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 19:29   #979
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
I think the textures look better on the X1 version of BF4, just hope it looks as good on my 40in TV.

Roll on the 22nd November and it is a Friday i am on early shift so any missed delivery from Tescos i should be able to atleast get it by Saturday.
And just read that cod ghost textures look better also , should have said roll on 22nd not 23rd , I have the day off
Old 04-11-2013, 19:55   #980
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
And just read that cod ghost textures look better also , should have said roll on 22nd not 23rd , I have the day off
I like to read, do you have a link to that please?

---------- Post added at 18:55 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Will I think the Xbox ONe and PS4 versions look pretty similar I personally think the Xbox One version looks just that bit nicer.

Both next gen do look a lot better that current gen though.

Just gutted I can't get a One till at least next year

A Shame you couldnt get it on day 1 with a free Forza 5 or Fifa, this is the reason i snapped it up.
Old 04-11-2013, 20:02   #981
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
I have six days off including the 22nd
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 20:22   #982
Bulky
Inactive

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/0...on-playstation
Was reading between the lines on this article , that's what makes me think the xbox one is very good at upscaling
Old 04-11-2013, 21:36   #983
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

All current generation consoles were good at up scaling so they wouldn't have an excuse for it to be any different now.

We've had word from the Pcars dev team saying they're considering a push for next generation consoles. It wouldn't be too hard to do given the current PC version at top specs beat both new consoles thus making it relatively simple to port it over and simply tweak till it's playing well.

Why is this of any importance? Forza & GT could be in real trouble. This game is simply unbelievable and if they can get it to similar levels that they've got it performing on pc over to the Xbox then you're laughing. Forza and GT may have numerous more licences but Pcars looks better, plays better and has huge game play variety for hardcore racing simulation fans when compared to these two.

PCARS for Xbox one! R.I.P Forza

Side note: anyone else loving the low key COD launch tonight? it's about time their numbers dropped and they got a kick in the arse. Moving fish heh. Good Riddance. Roll on the REAL infinity ward and Titanfall
Old 05-11-2013, 10:55   #984
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:

A Shame you couldnt get it on day 1 with a free Forza 5 or Fifa, this is the reason i snapped it up.
Well sadly a wedding in 7 months and also I currently have no job so deffo no Xbox One for me
Old 05-11-2013, 12:47   #985
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Damn sorry to hear about your job, really bad timing
Old 05-11-2013, 14:36   #986
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Just been catching up this thread and im not to concerned about the Ghost res issue. I say this as from what ive read they did try it at 1080p but framerate was an issue. Until both consoles are launched then we have no actual way of knowing which console it looks better on.

The way i see it is if some 3rd party games are in 720p on Xbox One at launch then means they can only go up in res in the future. If it means i cant see as many strands of hair on somebody in the game but have the better console overall then so be it. I would much rather have a better console than an extra few strands of hair on a solider in Ghosts.

Forza runs at 1080p so it does prove the console its self is capable of this. Just means 3rd party devs will need extra time to get to grips with it. Dont forget Turn 10 will have had longer to code for the Xbox One than IW did as well as the fact they have only had to code for Xbox One where as IW has had to code for multiple console and the PC. Give it time and Xbox One will run most games at 1080p in the future.

On a side note only 17 days to go. These 17 days will drag like hell. The actual morning day will also drag while i wait for the delivery. I am hoping i will be an AM slot for delivery and not an PM slot
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 14:39   #987
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Well if their reasons for making the game run at 720p are so they could maintain the 60fps then that is better than getting it 1080p at only 30fps.

However if the console then still upscales and its still 60fps, and its not really noticable then fantastic :-)
Old 05-11-2013, 15:04   #988
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Well if their reasons for making the game run at 720p are so they could maintain the 60fps then that is better than getting it 1080p at only 30fps.

However if the console then still upscales and its still 60fps, and its not really noticable then fantastic :-)
I totally agree. Just seen the Video on IGN and says it is upscaled so i cant see there being a massive difference, 99% of us prob wont even notice the difference
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 15:36   #989
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

I've just read that COD actually struggles with the framerate a bit. I think it was something to do with smoke that caused it to drop.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 16:41   #990
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

You guys may want to reconsider buying Ghosts because it looks like crap in this 360,ps3,ps4 comparison video, definitely not next gen in my opinion compared to the BF4 video comparison video, am i being too harsh on it what do you guys think?

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/0...-ghosts-review