Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems

The Xbox One Thread

Old 26-12-2014, 15:04   #2536
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

I always use CDKeys.com for my Xbox Store credit and XBL Gold subs now. Have done since shortly after getting my Xbox One last year.

£50 store credit for £44.90.

13 months of XBL Gold for £27.99, instead of buying 12 months from MS for £40.

And if you like CDKeys.com on Facebook you get a code for 5% off.

---------- Post added at 13:53 ---------- Previous post was at 13:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
I have a £50 Xbox voucher to spend on the store. Anyone suggest any good games or DLC? I've got FIFA 15, Forza 5 and Halo MCC installed at the moment
What sort of games do you like?

Sunset Overdrive is meant to be excellent, and is currently reduced, as mentioned by SnoopZ.

Wolfenstein: The New Order is a great shooter, with a surprisingly good story and characters for a shooter (especially for a Wolfy game!).

Dragon Age: Inquisition and Diablo III are both awesome.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is a return to form for the CoD series, after the abomination that was Ghosts. It's short and linear, but it's a good fun shooter with some great action.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor is a brilliant open-world action-adventure set in between The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. It's best described as a mixture of Assassin's Creed and the Batman Arkham games.

And of course there is Grand Theft Auto V...

---------- Post added at 14:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:53 ----------

Oh, and Russ - Have a look at EA Access.

SnoopZ posted the link earlier, here it is again:

http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/en_GB.html

£3.99 per month, or £19.99 per year.

10% discount on EA digital downloads, 5 day early trial access to new EA games, and unlimited access to all EA games in "The Vault" (currently Peggle 2, FIFA 14, Madden 25, Need For Speed Rivals, Battlefield 4, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, and EA Sport UFC... with more to be added over time).
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-12-2014, 15:40   #2537
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I signed up to EA Access and its already more than worth the cost. £20 for access to all those great games.
Old 26-12-2014, 16:30   #2538
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

I decided on Sunset Overdrive, but it's taking ages to install (digital version), and I have an up to 40mb fibre connection too
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2014, 17:34   #2539
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
I decided on Sunset Overdrive, but it's taking ages to install (digital version), and I have an up to 40mb fibre connection too
I have been installing it since 11:30 and it is only at 69% and I have a 100mb connection.
Old 26-12-2014, 19:09   #2540
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Mines all installed now. I guess that's a drawback of digital purchases
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2014, 19:51   #2541
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Since the hacking the picture from my TiVO has been choppy and it's lost all sound - occasionally I get the "your TV signal was lost" screen.

If I plug my TiVO straight in to my tv then it works all ok.

Any ideas how I can remedy this?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2014, 20:19   #2542
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Since the hacking the picture from my TiVO has been choppy and it's lost all sound - occasionally I get the "your TV signal was lost" screen.

If I plug my TiVO straight in to my tv then it works all ok.

Any ideas how I can remedy this?
You need to set your Xbox for 50hz in the TV settings on the Xbox then all will be fine.
Old 26-12-2014, 20:22   #2543
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Sure? I didn't do that when I first plugged it in, it was working fine originally.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 26-12-2014, 20:34   #2544
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Sure? I didn't do that when I first plugged it in, it was working fine originally.
Definitely, the reason being the TV signal is currently set to the USA 60hz standard, it needs to be set to the UK 50hz standard otherwise it will freeze become choppy as it skips frames and look juddery when it pans across the screen, alot of people went through this a year ago only it was worse as they hadn't given us the 50hz option back then.

This 50hz setting only corrects the TV signal passthrough it won't mess up any games as these still run at 60hz.

Your problem as you describe it was exactly the same as i was experiencing before we got the 50hz fix.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/xbox-...1402283648.htm
Old 26-12-2014, 20:45   #2545
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Just checked, it's been on 50hz since I started it up for the first time.

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

edit: that link doesn't mention anything about the sound issue or the screen going off and the 'signal was lost' message.

The symptoms are just like if the TiVO box signal was too low or something.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 26-12-2014, 20:48   #2546
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
That is very strange then as your description suggests it wasn't, maybe try a hard reset on the X1?

To do this hold the power button down for 10 seconds when turning the console off, then when it boots up it will take a little longer, or you can just pull the power cord out.

This won't lose any of your data.

---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

Quote:

edit: that link doesn't mention anything about the sound issue or the screen going off and the 'signal was lost' message.

What you described were my exact same symptoms when there wasn't a 50hz option, it was a well known fault.

Your TV signal must be fine if it works direct to the TV, so try a hard reset of the Xbox One.
Old 26-12-2014, 21:12   #2547
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

... but don't ever just pull the power cord out or turn it off at the wall if the console is still in "Instant On" mode (white light on the power supply). Only do so when the light on the power supply is orange ("Energy Saving" mode, or after a power cycle).
Old 26-12-2014, 23:54   #2548
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

I see xbox live is running like a dog again, guessing it's being hacked again as I can't access online games
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2014, 00:43   #2549
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

I haven't even bothered with XBL or PSN the last two days - I've stuck with playing Mario Kart 8!
Old 27-12-2014, 11:53   #2550
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:

Did you get to do a hard boot of the X1? if so did it fix your problem as i remember i too had a judder issue with my V+ box that wasn't related to the 50hz thing a while back?