Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Home tests 2017

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Home tests 2017

Old 29-08-2017, 17:25   #61
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Home tests 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Not sad for me, a great finish in prospect and the chance of going to a last game decider, just the proper test that England badly needed TBH.
But did you not say this test series was too one sided and West Indies were the laughing stock of world cricket..
Old 29-08-2017, 18:02   #62
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

I and many others far better qualified than myself did, and until this test it was a true, accurate assessment. Even some of West Indies legends professed embarrassment at the dire state of the team.

They have lost the large majority of recent tests, more than half of them by an innings as well.

A quite remarkable transformation but one that I welcome. The last test was an abomination and at least this test will give thier supporters at home something to lift them at long last.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 18:05   #63
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I and many others far better qualified than myself did, and until this test it was a true, accurate assessment. Even some of West Indies legends professed embarrassment at the dire state of the team.

They have lost the large majority of recent tests, more than half of them by an innings as well.

A quite remarkable transformation but one that I welcome. The last test was an abomination and at least this test will give thier supporters at home something to lift them at long last.
Don't you just love expert pundits and armchair experts.

Last edited by denphone; 29-08-2017 at 18:12.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 18:54   #64
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

The simple fact is that all of those experts where correct in their assessment of the Windies performances over the past four or five years. They where rubbish, this test performance has come out of the blue, let's see if they can build on it.
Old 29-08-2017, 18:59   #65
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
The simple fact is that all of those experts where correct in their assessment of the Windies performances over the past four or five years. They where rubbish, this test performance has come out of the blue, let's see if they can build on it.
Nothing like backtracking from ones original view.
Old 29-08-2017, 19:12   #66
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

You seem to be unable to understand my posts, i am not back tracking. My opinion of the West Indies side 'before' this game was a fair, reasonable assessment given just how truly, consistantly awful they have been in recent years culminating in the last match.

In case you forgot they lost 19 wickets in one day in that match. They have been very good in this test but I need to see a few more performances like this before changing my mind.

As an example, Shai Hopes test average was 18 before this match.

Last edited by iadom; 29-08-2017 at 19:16.
Old 29-08-2017, 21:21   #67
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Brilliant result for the WIndies and Test Cricket. I always thought they were underated . But yes, they need to back it up with a few more results.

England didn't do that much wrong, just outplayed by a team that were playing for their credibility. Think England were planning to rest a few for the last Test, will they now?
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 21:34   #68
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Brilliant result for the WIndies and Test Cricket. I always thought they were underated . But yes, they need to back it up with a few more results.

England didn't do that much wrong, just outplayed by a team that were playing for their credibility. Think England were planning to rest a few for the last Test, will they now?

That is not what you said after the first test Mr K.
Old 29-08-2017, 21:43   #69
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Really set up nicely now, what I would like is for Holder to win the toss and bat first or Root to win it and bowl first.
Old 29-08-2017, 21:52   #70
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Really set up nicely now, what I would like is for Holder to win the toss and bat first or Root to win it and bowl first.
Well my money is on England to win the decider.
Old 30-08-2017, 10:33   #71
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Even more of a shock, Aussies beaten by Bangladesh.
Old 30-08-2017, 10:37   #72
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Even more of a shock, Aussies beaten by Bangladesh.
Well that is something that is even going to cheer up the most miserable of cricket fans.
Old 07-09-2017, 16:16   #73
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Well I got my wish, Holder won the toss and batted. Very heavy going for Windies so far and Cook playing butter fingers again.
Old 07-09-2017, 16:17   #74
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Well I got my wish, Holder won the toss and batted. Very heavy going so far and Cook playing butter fingers again.
Well early days yet Jim as past experiences have taught us.
Old 07-09-2017, 17:50   #75
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Always said this is a poor Windies team.