Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What music are you listening to?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment

What music are you listening to?

Old 09-09-2017, 20:49   #13036
admars
cf.mega poster

admars is a pillar of societyadmars is a pillar of societyadmars is a pillar of societyadmars is a pillar of societyadmars is a pillar of societyadmars is a pillar of societyadmars is a pillar of societyadmars is a pillar of societyadmars is a pillar of societyadmars is a pillar of societyadmars is a pillar of societyadmars is a pillar of societyadmars is a pillar of societyadmars is a pillar of societyadmars is a pillar of societyadmars is a pillar of societyadmars is a pillar of societyadmars is a pillar of societyadmars is a pillar of society
Re: What music are you listening to?

QotSA one to me sounds like another case of
album 1 - excellent
album 2 - exclellent
album 3 - we're getting a bit more popular, set lets make an excellent slightly more mainstream rock album, don't get me wrong, I love Songs for the Deaf, but the music was used on the football, F1 etc (Saw them touring that cd, they were excellent live)
album 4 onwards - we're making serious cash now, this formula works, if we can get even more radio friendly, and carry on pushing the "We're mates with Dave Grohl" thing we'll be millionaires soon
this album Mark Ronson? Normally guys like this aspire to work with the likes of Rick Rubin, Steve Albini et al.

On a side note I saw that Josh Homme is going to be reading a story for cbeebies

I was listening to Dead Cross today, excellent hardcore/metal from a bunch of all fogeys (Michael Crain, Justin Pearson, Dave Lombardo, Mike Patton) who should know better
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2017, 21:31   #13037
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Question Re: What music are you listening to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
QotSA one to me sounds like another case of
album 1 - excellent
album 2 - exclellent
album 3 - we're getting a bit more popular, set lets make an excellent slightly more mainstream rock album, don't get me wrong, I love Songs for the Deaf, but the music was used on the football, F1 etc (Saw them touring that cd, they were excellent live)
album 4 onwards - we're making serious cash now, this formula works, if we can get even more radio friendly, and carry on pushing the "We're mates with Dave Grohl" thing we'll be millionaires soon
this album Mark Ronson? Normally guys like this aspire to work with the likes of Rick Rubin, Steve Albini et al.

On a side note I saw that Josh Homme is going to bereading a story for cbeebies

I was listening to Dead Cross today, excellent hardcore/metal from a bunch of all fogeys (Michael Crain, Justin Pearson, Dave Lombardo, Mike Patton) who should know better
Mark Ronson worked on the production of the new QotSA album. He had input:on what level I don't know. But I think I might be parting with some £££ soon
The rest of the album is hmm not quite my style. But I'm off to listen to your previous post.
So Homme reads out a bedtime story
Old 11-09-2017, 11:40   #13038
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caff View Post
No linky?
In response, I'd say QotSA should milk their new album and their tour and go out on a high.
Well it was just a new song

The Blackout

Then the actual single (a different song) appears a few days later

https://youtu.be/PbGSiJ9iat8

Much better but still a bit too poppy for my liking.

I hate the production, it's saturated with beat detective and autotune. Larry is not hitting his drums like a real drummer so what's going on there? They've been working with Ryan Tedder from that dreadful band One Republic though so none of the fact that this material soulless and sterile comes as any surprise.
Old 15-09-2017, 08:56   #13039
doreen12
cf.member

doreen12 is an unknown quantity at this point

I keep listening jazz during the last two days

---------- Post added at 07:56 ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 ----------

yeah... and classical music
doreen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 02:09   #13040
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
The new U2 single "The Blackout"

Insipid, poppy drivel. Nothing's changed with them this side of the millennium then. Looks like a return to past glories is never going to happen.
I quite liked the Joshua Tree album; but it's plain sad when bands just don't know when to give up. I mean that they can't bring anything new. I'm not sure how big their fan base is now. Their relevant 'fighting spirit' has gone. Lazy.

Blackfield - Lullaby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3sHVGYRx6Y

Last edited by Caff; 16-09-2017 at 02:23.
Caff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 02:37   #13041
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: books and magazines - hello!
bubblegun is a jewel in the roughbubblegun is a jewel in the roughbubblegun is a jewel in the roughbubblegun is a jewel in the roughbubblegun is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
Foo Fighters troll audience by bringing out Rick Astley for “Never Gonna Give You Up”: Watch

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/...in-japan-watch

That's more mental than the time I saw Faith No More, and Mike Patton started to sing Never Gonna Give You up mid one of their classics (they've often put snippets from pop songs mid song)
That's brilliant!

---------- Post added at 02:37 ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 ----------

Quote:
The new U2 single "The Blackout"

Insipid, poppy drivel. Nothing's changed with them this side of the millennium then. Looks like a return to past glories is never going to happen.
Simple Minds were a big 80's band but they have been much better than U2 on their recent albums, at least critically if not commercially.
Old 18-09-2017, 01:41   #13042
Caff
I'm a geek???

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen12 View Post
I keep listening jazz during the last two days

---------- Post added at 07:56 ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 ----------

yeah... and classical music
Do you like Moloko and maybe Roisin Murphy? Or maybe the more big band sound or Frank Sinatra type?
I like this linky a lot:

Moloko https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYyQ08RgD2E
Old 18-09-2017, 17:58   #13043
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I quite liked the Joshua Tree album; but it's plain sad when bands just don't know when to give up. I mean that they can't bring anything new. I'm not sure how big their fan base is now. Their relevant 'fighting spirit' has gone. Lazy.

Blackfield - Lullaby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3sHVGYRx6Y
We went to the Croke Park gig a few weeks ago and there were 83,000 people there. At a guess I'd say more popular than ever

Currently playing from this weeks playlist:

My Autumn Empire - Bluecoat
Old 18-09-2017, 23:24   #13044
Caff
I'm a geek???

Quote:
We went to the Croke Park gig a few weeks ago and there were 83,000 people there. At a guess I'd say more popular than ever

Currently playing from this weeks playlist:

My Autumn Empire - Bluecoat
Well that's a crowd and half!
Did they play anything new? Hmm mebbe they actually didn't need to

Wallis Bird - Bring Me Wine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2kP_r34fQw
Old 19-09-2017, 14:53   #13045
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Quote:
Well that's a crowd and half!
Did they play anything new? Hmm mebbe they actually didn't need to

Wallis Bird - Bring Me Wine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2kP_r34fQw
They played one new song from the album at the very end of the encore. Other than that it was some quick fire classics then the Joshua Tree from beginning to end.

We had VIP tickets (nudge nudge, wink wink) and got this natty commemorative pack including (wait for it) a U2 harmonica!

package.jpg
Old 19-09-2017, 23:42   #13046
Caff
I'm a geek???

Quote:
They played one new song from the album at the very end of the encore. Other than that it was some quick fire classics then the Joshua Tree from beginning to end.

We had VIP tickets (nudge nudge, wink wink) and got this natty commemorative pack including (wait for it) a U2 harmonica!

Attachment 27087
A harmonica? Well I guess that the harmonica might have taken The Edge off it.
I know now that it was a tour celebrating their JT album.
No disrespect to the band intended.
I'm full of curiosity - were you encouraged to play along?

Nerina Palot - If I know you.
So sweet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKaYNRFPNm8
Old 28-09-2017, 00:15   #13047
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Quote:
I'm full of curiosity - were you encouraged to play along?
We tried but they were in the wrong key

Currently listening to a classic from my buddies from SF who are always persuading me to buy new gear:

Inhalt - Black Sun
Old 28-09-2017, 12:59   #13048
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronze
nashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronzenashville is cast in bronze

Just found an old CD in a record fair of old song from Marty Robbins, Really enjoyed it,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:07   #13049
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

The new Trivium album Sin and the Sentence

https://open.spotify.com/album/3qq44o8Qqvz5JQ7b5AevLT

---------- Post added at 08:07 ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 ----------

The new Trivium album Sin and the Sentence

https://open.spotify.com/album/3qq44o8Qqvz5JQ7b5AevLT
Is anybody here still left alive!?
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote