Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview
Register FAQ Community Calendar

B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

Old 04-04-2012, 15:31   #511
moody_gaz
Inactive

moody_gaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

Hi
I wonder if anyone has the same problem with the BBC HD channels on the 6110usb box, after rescanning ( it always freezes at 29/92 transponders until I delete that one and rescan) I get all the HD channels OK ITV and Chan 4 HDs all come in at 63% and are fine. The BBC HD ones come in at 69% Quality and are very pixillated. any ideas to what can be done or is it a faulty box?.
Cheers all.
moody_gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2012, 15:44   #512
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quality/pixelation problems are mostly caused by a weak signal. Means either the dish is to small or slightly off, the coax is too long or there's an issue with the coax connections.

As for the transponder have you checked what's on that one, also have you checked in case there's an update for the system?
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 21:11   #513
AZIMUTH
Inactive

AZIMUTH is on a distinguished roadAZIMUTH is on a distinguished road

As the BBC broadcast F1 free last year is there a station in europe broadcasting it free this year?maybe on 19.2,RTL.Or can anyone tell me of a free station.

---------- Post added at 19:50 ---------- Previous post was at 19:48 ----------

im sure there must be a national station doing F1 free.

---------- Post added at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

sorted!!!just got all the answers from, robs sat tv.com.off to B&Q for another cheapo ross setup.
AZIMUTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:06   #514
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

There is also this thread about F1 via other means

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/64...ive-f1-tv.html
Old 08-04-2012, 20:18   #515
Diyman
Inactive

Diyman is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

Hello everybody Im new here and have just purchased the Ross FTA system from B&Q for £40 what do you expect. I bought it to use when travelling in a mobile home, but to test it I linked it up to a Sky dish at home thats not in use
and I can get on 2164 channels not checked them all yet and dont expect them all to work, but at the mo satisfied for £40 well spent and will probably upgrade to a better receiver once I get to grips with settings and transponders
blah blah blah and may need some help from you in the future,this site will be very useful
traaaa
Diyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 17:41   #516
moody_gaz
Inactive

moody_gaz is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a Humax box on the same dish which is
ok and I've also had the ross HDR-8410USB connected on the same line that I was using for the 6110USB and this was OK too, can the BBC HD channels be fine tuned thru the menu to get a decent picture?
moody_gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 00:51   #517
Satnov
Inactive

Satnov is an unknown quantity at this point

Just spent most of the day messing around with the new ross hd satellite kit long and short of it is my line of sight is obstructed and will need to locate the dish to front of the house my fault no problem there etc.
Whilst thinking this through i decided to disconnect one of the leads from my sky box plug that into the ross box then make another lead from the ross box back to the sky box so basically making a tee-piece i tested this and i got all the channels on both ross and sky boxes i could do this as the ross hd box comes with an inn and out not sure if this is new or not.
Now to install this correctly i will need to make longer x1 of the sky cables to reach the new ross box and then bring a new cable back to the existing sky box whats the best connectors and most importantly will it work it just saves all the agro of putting up another dish when i dont have to thanks for any help
Satnov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 16:39   #518
mick40s
Inactive

mick40s is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I'm new here . I have just purcheased a b and q ross sat system with an ugly dish i have also aqquired a black mesh dish with (sky i think) a four connector lnb (j4s), could i use this dish and lnb instead of the one i received with kit? also if so ...what conector do i use on the lnb ? .thanks people
mick
mick40s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 16:42   #519
Kymmy
Inactive

Yes you could use the Sky dish as basically it's the same group of sats for freesat or sky..

It shouldn't matter which port you use on the LNB as they are all designed to output a signal.. If though they are numbered then just use port #1..

You could also just use the LNB from the other system on the mesh dish if you referred
Old 06-05-2012, 16:43   #520
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Yes you can use a different dish. Your cables should be made up with f-type connectors, like this:

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 16:47   #521
Diyman
Inactive

Diyman is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick40s View Post
Hi
I'm new here . I have just purcheased a b and q ross sat system with an ugly dish i have also aqquired a black mesh dish with (sky i think) a four connector lnb (j4s), could i use this dish and lnb instead of the one i received with kit? also if so ...what conector do i use on the lnb ? .thanks people
mick
Hiya,
I bought one as well and connected it to the
Leads from the sky dish and it works perfectly
I dont know what j4s to use but I done it by trial
And error use only lnb in on Ross receiver
Hope you get ot sorted
Diyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 16:49   #522
mick40s
Inactive

mick40s is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you @ kimmy and chris.Good to know you are here and hopefully i can come back to you if i have any probs.
appreciated.
mick.

---------- Post added at 16:49 ---------- Previous post was at 16:48 ----------

Thanks diyman
mick40s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:20   #523
wombat66
Inactive

wombat66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know why B&Q have withdrawn the Ross HD kit from their web-site ? I have a problem with my box and have requested an exchange unit B&Q now say I cannot have an exchange, only a refund. This is rather difficult with the dish bolted up on the wall, and I dont know what to do. Any ideas ?
wombat66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:46   #524
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

A partial refund excluding the dish? Or is the dish faulty?

The Ross HD kit is still on sale in our local Homebase, if you really like the box you might still get one in your local branch.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 13:20   #525
wombat66
Inactive

wombat66 is an unknown quantity at this point

B&Q will not do a partial refund and have told me I must have the dish taken down and returned with the box to get a full refund. On further consideration I think the fault in my box is a design fault of this latest model, and that B&Q have had so many complaints they have removed the kit from sale. I will bite the bullet and buy a better box. This situation will of course apply to other B&Q customers who want an exchange Ross HD box under the years warranty.
wombat66 is offline   Reply With Quote