Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 22:32   #2926
Mr Banana

Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
As I said, no it doesn't because you went off on a tangent about why they had not been prosecuted, I am pointing out to you, Senators don't prosecute, they're law makers, not law enforcers.

BREAKING: GOP aka Republican Party rally around their President tonight... The Reviews of the book are in...

https://twitter.com/GOP/status/949395088735723520

The people tweeting below the GOP post are certainly not rallying around their President.

Advertisement
Old 05-01-2018, 22:44   #2927
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Hardly breaking news a GOP tweet.... Desperate times indeed for Trump Inc...
Funny how Trump suddenly develops a liking for sources he previously derided as fake news!
Old 06-01-2018, 01:28   #2928
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Banana View Post
The people tweeting below the GOP post are certainly not rallying around their President.
Over 700 comments. Compared to 2400 likes on the Tweet so far. 3 x as many likes than comments disagrees with you (and I doubt all the comments are negative). But nice try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Funny how Trump suddenly develops a liking for sources he previously derided as fake news!
And when did Trump deride his own party, GOP as Fake News. More inaccuracies from you Andrew and more to the point what are you on about ?

---------- Post added at 01:28 ---------- Previous post was at 00:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Hardly breaking news a GOP tweet.... Desperate times indeed for Trump Inc...
The only desperation, I see is from the Democrat side, given they tried to steal an election via paying for a fake Russian dossier in an attempt get Trump in to trouble via the FBI later on down the line perchance?

I would say the GOP party rallying around their President is big news, was this crap book full of lies and deceit, suppose to have them distance them from him ?

That equally would have been news too.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:22   #2929
Mr Banana

Likes say nothing Mick, words do. Here is one of many examples but hey, appreciate you will never accept he is wrong on any subject and you will probably still defend him if a mushroom cloud engulfed you.

“Remember, folks. This isn't some random Twitter whack job ranting away and embarrassing himself. This is the president of the United States, embarrassing the whole damned country” twitter.com/realDonaldTrum…

Old 06-01-2018, 11:15   #2930
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
https://twitter.com/GOP/status/949395088735723520
Quote:
Quote:
And when did Trump deride his own party, GOP as Fake News. More inaccuracies from you Andrew and more to the point what are you on about ?
See the tweet's contents. After criticising the mainstream media for being fake news, he's now posting excerpts from the likes of the New York Times and CNN to support his views. Are these sources no longer fake news?
Old 06-01-2018, 11:21   #2931
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
See the tweet's contents. After criticising the mainstream media for being fake news, he's now posting excerpts from the likes of the New York Times and CNN to support his views. Are these sources no longer fake news?
If you mean in the GOP tweet that Mick linked to then you are wrong again. That tweet is not by Trump.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:32   #2932
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
If you mean in the GOP tweet that Mick linked to then you are wrong again. That tweet is not by Trump.
Trump retweeted the GOP tweet.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:38   #2933
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Likes say nothing Mick, words do. Here is one of many examples but hey, appreciate you will never accept he is wrong on any subject and you will probably still defend him if a mushroom cloud engulfed you.

“Remember, folks. This isn't some random Twitter whack job ranting away and embarrassing himself. This is the president of the United States, embarrassing the whole damned country” twitter.com/realDonaldTrum…
I couldn’t give a stuff what you do or don’t appreciate. There are many thing I don’t agree with this President on, but those views, I choose not to share and that’s my prerogative.

As for the comment, it a hideous remark probably by a Hillary fan, still upset that she thankfully lost.

Of course likes say a lot. It’s not about defending him either, I just refuse to join in on the pathetic ‘Trump derangement syndrome’ and hysteria bandwagon. So stop attacking me with pathetic connotations because I refuse to join it.

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 ----------

Quote:
Trump retweeted the GOP tweet.
So bloody what ?

You are being deliberately obtuse as usual.

If people in the liberal media are finding issues with the book, then it’s tool to express strong criticism of the book that even the other side of the fence are finding issues with it.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:46   #2934
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
If people in the liberal media are finding issues with the book, then it’s tool to express strong criticism of the book that even the other side of the fence are finding issues with it.
I would totally agree with you on this point were it not for the fact that Trump has said CNN and the New York Times are fake news.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:03   #2935
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
I would totally agree with you on this point were it not for the fact that Trump has said CNN and the New York Times are fake news.
Sigh.

If people, the audience this book is aimed for and they are the ones even finding fault with it, you use that as an advantage to mock it and take pot shots at.
Old 06-01-2018, 13:07   #2936
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Sigh.

If people, the audience this book is aimed for and they are the ones even finding fault with it, you use that as an advantage to mock it and take pot shots at.
Clearly Trump and GOP fuelling the fire of publicity is only driving sales higher! Its sales are unexpectedly high and it's out of stock until mid-January!
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/fir...781250158062#/

He should have learnt a lesson from Barabra Streisand.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

A sensible reaction would have been for him to publish his tax returns thereby removing all suspicion that he received money from foreigners to support his election campaign, and distracting from the book.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 06-01-2018 at 13:15.
Old 06-01-2018, 13:58   #2937
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Interesting comment from Grassley and Lindsey Graham re Steele.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42586855
Quote:
In a joint statement from Mr Grassley and his colleague, Lindsey Graham, who chairs a number of senate subcommittees, the senators said they were not alleging Mr Steele had committed any crime. Rather. they had passed on the information for "further investigation only".
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 06-01-2018, 14:59   #2938
Mr Banana

Latest tweet from the orange buffoon. Wonder if he reads the responses, you have to look really hard to find anything positive?

....Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart. Crooked Hillary Clinton also played these cards very hard and, as everyone knows, went down in flames. I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star........to President of the United States (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!

Old 06-01-2018, 15:38   #2939
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Latest tweet from the orange buffoon. Wonder if he reads the responses, you have to look really hard to find anything positive?

....Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart. Crooked Hillary Clinton also played these cards very hard and, as everyone knows, went down in flames. I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star........to President of the United States (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!
He ran in 2000 to be nominated as the candidate for the Reform Party, and qualified for two Presidential Primaries.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 06-01-2018, 16:06   #2940
Mr Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
He ran in 2000 to be nominated as the candidate for the Reform Party, and qualified for two Presidential Primaries.
Obama, George W Bush and Bill Clinton also won on their first attempt apparently.

Closed Thread