Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Controversial bag charge a success as shoppers will use 6 billion fewer plastic bags

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Controversial bag charge a success as shoppers will use 6 billion fewer plastic bags

Old 08-08-2017, 00:29   #61
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation
Re: Controversial bag charge a success as shoppers will use 6 billion fewer plastic b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I think a lot of people now know to take them when going shopping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Not if the rucksack already has stuff in it. So carrying 1 or 2 bags for life is always useful.
Yep, as you say, a lot of people know to take them when going shopping.
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2017, 02:06   #62
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Controversial bag charge a success as shoppers will use 6 billion fewer plastic b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
You mean 'Mine's' a typo.
Nope, I did not.

Quote:
some men, it would seem, prefer to have a free plastic bag to throw away as is their 'right'
I'm quite sure everyone would like them to be free, not really sure what you point is.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 02:22   #63
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Never been able to work out what happens if you have no bags with a shopping delivery. Must be a bit of a palaver unloading shopping item by item, rather than bagful by bagful. Had a delivery recently(first in a couple of years) and with bags it was simpler to unload a bags with several items in them. The delivery guy was behind with his schedule as it was.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:54   #64
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Women do, and they do 99% of the shopping

It's so much better without all those discarded plastic bags blowing around everywhere. If you bought a newspaper, they'd put it in a bag; if you bought a DVD, it was put in a bag; if you bought a bag, it was put in a bag. Utter nonsense.
Top of the class yet again for all the wrong reasons.

---------- Post added at 06:54 ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Men are at a disadvantage as far as bags are concerned. Women have handbags in which they keep God knows what, and a extra sneaky bag or 2. Men just have pockets which are already full wallet/keys/phone. ( the exception is those blokes with 'man' bags, but they're just weird....)
Good grief more insults as we are doing rather well on this thread as soon you will overtake somebody else on here and go to the top of the class.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:04   #65
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Some people can turn a relatively innocuous topic into an argument just for the sake of it.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:29   #66
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

I load my shopping into my trolley and transfer it to the boot of my car, no plastic bag need.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:17   #67
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
I went through a womans bag to see what they have in them once. you'd be both shocked and excited to hear exactly what.
I'll let you all in on the secret if you send me 10p.
Done - please send me your account details.

---------- Post added at 10:17 ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Good grief more insults as we are doing rather well on this thread as soon you will overtake somebody else on here and go to the top of the class.
Good grief Den, get a sense of humour ! Maybe i should use the smilies more, but I don't really like them
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:37   #68
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Rucksacks are the male equivalent of handbags for the moment and you can get plenty of bags for life in one.
I always leave a few BFLs in my rucsac... but someone keeps taking them out!
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 13:01   #69
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Nope, I did not.
I'm quite sure everyone would like them to be free, not really sure what you point is.
'My point' is that the introduction of the charge has drastically reduced the amount of unnecessary plastic waste in our immediate environment. So, no, not everyone would like them to be free.

Quote:
Good grief Den, get a sense of humour ! Maybe i should use the smilies more, but I don't really like them
Aww, bless 'is cotton socks; Den don't mean no 'arm guv. He always posts a strong opinion just after someone else does...
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 15:56   #70
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Done - please send me your account details.

---------- Post added at 10:17 ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 ----------

I must say, I think that there is a black cloud of depression hanging over Den currently. I'll have to think of something to cheer him up!

To be honest, I was annoyed at the bag charges when they first came in, but I have to admit that I find the bags for life much easier.

I'll give the Green brigade that one.

---------- Post added at 15:56 ---------- Previous post was at 15:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
People dont carry "bags for life" around with them on the off chance they might pop into a shop. Its just a way to make more money of such people.
I carry mine in the boot of my car, or if I'm going to a supermarket in town on the bus, I take a couple with me.

It's just a case of getting in the habit in the end.
OLD BOY is online now   Reply With Quote