Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Schedule - Summer 2017

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

TV Schedule - Summer 2017

Old 31-10-2016, 09:26   #31
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Fall 2016/2017 TV Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
I'm also on the fence atm with Designated Survivor
I knew I had missed something. I am watching Designated Survivor religiously atm (and I love 24). I have also ditched Aftermath which I mentioned a couple of weeks ago.

Btw, when you have got 2 mins can you have a look at my permissions for the original post in this thread. I can't edit it anymore and I want to put the dates in for Black Sails etc after xmas.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-11-2016, 20:00   #32
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I have just done what I expect to be the penultimate update for this thread and added the dates for The 100, Black Sails and Stranger Things. I have also added a new series called 3% which starts next week. The dates still aren't available for Colony and Into the Bandlands and they will be the last update I make to this thread for this tv calendar year when they become available.
Old 15-12-2016, 03:55   #33
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

I'll get round to watching more via on demand and binge watches but the ones I've kept up with are

The Flash (Slow and swerving start but the CW's take on the Flashpoint series of comics is really starting to pick up with the latest episodes and introduction of Savitar and the mystery around it being great)

Arrow (Dull start again but has picked up much like the Flash and is already a far more promising season than #4 which was pure awful - Timeline affected by Flashpoint)

Legends of Tomorrow (It's still nothing amazing but the removal of the Hawk duo and the incredibly poor love triangle that persisted instantly had a positive effect on the show, Palmer whilst still annoying is tolerable now and the cast shake up has paid of somewhat. - Majorly affected by Flashpoint)

I added Flashpoint notes on each because I believe it's absolutely essential to watch all three this year because of multiple tie ins due to the Flashpoint story above. Supergirl crosses with all three in the three part Invasion story over Flash, Arrow and ending on Legends of Tomorrow, besides that it remains in its own standalone world and Timeline.

Timeless - again its not amazing but I can't stop watching it? The main plot has suckered me into watching each episode and I'm actually enjoying it, the individual time period of the week style episodes can be tedious but I'm drawn into the main arc. Another like this was FlashForward from years ago that was pretty standard and dull but I had to get the answers.

Gotham - Standard stuff really, it's brilliant. The Penguin is standout. Not sure what the deal is with his new foubd love interest though.

Lucifer - Still hit and miss.

The rest is generally repeated animation such as South Park, Futurama and Rick and Morty.

Future watches:

Shooter - Anyone tried it?
Stranger Things S2 - S1 was simply amazing, from start to finish was just brilliant.

The Expanse - May find myself rewatching the first season again to get up to scratch.

Westworld - Left because of busy schedule. This gonna be another Nolan and JJ five season special? Who owns it? Warner Bros? Like Person of Interest, another wildly successful show that ended up in the bin because of a Warner and CBS dispute. Is it generally different on HBO?

Sherlock S4

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 15-12-2016 at 04:07.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2016, 12:13   #34
General Maximus
Ran Away

The Flash is good and I am enjoying it. I love seeing Iris and Barry together after all this time. Smallville did my head dangling Lana and Clark in front of you for so many years.

Arrow is better but still not as good as it was.

I gave up on Timeless after 1x02 because the characters were behaving in a way that didn't make sense and if it doesn't make sense then I can't enjoy it.

Shooter: didn't realised it was based on the film (which I thought was awesome). I watched 1x01 and it is good because I can't be bothered with an enlonged and stretched out version of a story where I already know what is going to happen.

The Expanse: superb and looking forward to the next season

Westworld: HBO have complete autonomy over their network and scheduling which is why they bang out so many amazing series. Westworld is no exception and should be watching by everyone as a lesion/warning for the future because no matter whether you look at this/Terminator/I Robot/Ex Machina/Morgan it is going to happen and we only have ourselves to blame.

If you have time I strongly recommend Designated Survivor and Travelers.
Old 15-12-2016, 21:21   #35
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I lost interest in Designated Survivor, but Travelers is good, you need to try that out.

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
I'm losing interest in Van Helsing & Frequency, it remains to be seen how much longer I give them.
I'm also on the fence atm with Designated Survivor, its starting to remind me too much of 24, whch I got bored of.
As above, I lost interest in Designated Survivor and gave that up. I also ditched Frequency. I stuck with Van Helsing and it did get better so I'll carry on with Season 2.

Outside of them, I also started to lose interest in Blindspot, and have a stack of about 3 episodes still to watch, but I'm not really missing it, so the chances are I'll give up on it.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 17:26   #36
General Maximus
Ran Away

just done an update and freshen up the original post to remove pre-xmas series and add new mid-season series.
Old 19-01-2017, 19:54   #37
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Time after Time trailer ;

Looks ok, so I'll be watching it, we'll see how it actually turns out.

Old 22-01-2017, 02:36   #38
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Anything off mid-season break I may have missed? Haven't watched anything since the mid season finales?

Flash, Arrow, Timeless, LoT, Gotham, Lucifer, The Expanse back?
Old 22-01-2017, 02:45   #39
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Gotham was back during the week there..

Flash and Arrow back this week along with Supergirl and LoT.
Old 22-01-2017, 03:02   #40
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Gotham was back during the week there..

Flash and Arrow back this week along with Supergirl and LoT.
Thanks, finally something new
Old 22-01-2017, 16:27   #41
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Timeless & Lucifer also started back last week as well.

Old 14-02-2017, 04:19   #42
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

FOX are being awkward sods aren't they? Ordering episodes midway through a 13 episode season of Lucifer and having a gap rather than just waiting till season 3.

I dropped Timeless. A semi interesting main plot isnt worth the procedural dull episodes.

The Expanse thankfully isn't procedural and even better so is actually good. So I've put that in weekly watch, rather than catching up 3 episodes at a time. Never been one for anything like this (Star Trek TV, Stargate etc ) Enjoying it so far.
Old 14-02-2017, 12:58   #43
General Maximus
Ran Away

I am a huge scifi fan and love stuff like Star Trek, Stargate, BSG and B5. The Expanse is like a breath of fresh air atm because it has been so long since we have had some proper space scifi.
Old 14-02-2017, 14:37   #44
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Powerless has been pretty fun so far. Its a DC series but not about the Heroes. Its about the ordinary people trying to live while their city is destroyed around then by the heroes and villains. The main cast all work for Bruce Wayne's cousin trying to invent gadgets that will help protect everyone.
Old 18-04-2017, 15:51   #45
General Maximus
Ran Away

Just done the update for summer, next big one will be in July ready for the new tv season in August/September.