Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The General Cricket Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The General Cricket Thread
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 21:06   #136
Graham
Inactive

Graham has a nice shiny star
Graham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny star
Re: Cricket

Damn and I was working today. I'll have to catch the highlights
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2005, 21:16   #137
yesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham
It was a thriller, probably one of the best test matches ever, if not the best !! It had everything.

I am not sure if I would be saying that had we lost though

Old 07-08-2005, 21:31   #138
bayonet
cf.addict

Services: 152Mb 2AC Superhub XL TV with TIVO
bayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nice

Yes the old sphincter was a bit tight to say the least!!!!I missed the end of the match as the present Mrs bayonet decide she wanted to go for a walk heard the finish in Langland Bay car park when Jones took the last catch the guy in the car behind me gave me some funny looks.

Funny when we play cricket we support the England team, rugby football we're Welsh through and through still the Jones boys came to the rescue in the end eh lads??

It wouldn't have surprised me if England had lost as they did their best to lose it but this Aussie side are a bit special, lets hope McGrath's injury keeps him out for the series. he is still the best fast bowler in the world and Warne the best spinner. The ball he did Strauss with was unplayable........another Gatting ball.
Old 07-08-2005, 21:35   #139
Roy MM
Inactive

Services: NTL cable 20mb Broadband, V+ package.
Roy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appeal
Roy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Roy MM

I've been around some time, but this T-match was special, it had everything, if all T-matches was like this coronary wards would be on overtime.
Old 07-08-2005, 23:09   #140
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayonet

Funny when we play cricket we support the England team, rugby football we're Welsh through and through still the Jones boys came to the rescue in the end eh lads??
We won't mention the catch that "Jones the Bowler" dropped on the third man boundary that would have given Freddie a five for, and wrapped it up two overs earlier then.
Old 07-08-2005, 23:32   #141
yesman

I have to say, "Hats off" to Warne, Kasprowicz, and especially Brett Lee for their part in this classic encounter, for their fighting batting spirit.

I also have to say, that I am really looking forward to the rest of this "Ashes" series, whatever the outcome.

It's about time we had a team worthy of competing with Australia, which is probably the best cricketing side the world has seen to date.

Old 08-08-2005, 07:31   #142
bayonet
cf.addict

Services: 152Mb 2AC Superhub XL TV with TIVO
bayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nice

Yes I bet Mr Lee has a few sore fingers this morning, I think Mr Jones still remembers that horror injury in Australia regarding that catch. Don't think he's going to dive anywhere, been a hell of catch at any time...........under that pressure it would have been brilliant.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:44   #143
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing

I'd rather Jones the Keeper hung on to a few more! At least he caught the one that mattered.

It's technically the England and Wales team* of course, which makes supporting it fine if you're Welsh, and anyway, a few years ago you'd be hard-put to find an English-born player in it at times (Hussain, S Jones, G Jones, Croft, Lamb, Smith, A Hollioake, Malcolm, Caddick, Pieterson, Solanki - you can make up a decent 11 there).

*Wikipedia:"The English cricket team is a national cricket team representing England and Wales. It is administered by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB)."
Old 08-08-2005, 14:59   #144
Graham
Inactive

Graham has a nice shiny star
Graham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham
Well even though I knew what the result was, that was still pretty damn stressful!

The Aussies could have just given up and folded, but they went out and made sure England had to work for every wicket and took all the opportunities that were left open to them.

Frankly, even though I'm an England supporter, the Aussies deserved to win that match just for sheer effort, especially given the rather duff tactics the English seemed to be using.

Still, with the series at 1:1 we can hopefully look forward to some great cricket in the next few matches.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:09   #145
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Come on, all together, "Things can only get better"

oh dear

Unless this means they call up Andrew Symonds, I cannot believe they can leave him out of their test side.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:22   #146
Aragorn
Inactive

Aragorn has a nice shiny star
Aragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny star

This reminds me of the injury problems we had in Oz last time - S Jones knee, etc.

Lets hope we take advantage at Old Trafford and go 2-1 up
Old 11-08-2005, 15:14   #147
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

"oooohhhh nice ball warney"
"oooohhhh well bowled warney"

Shut up Gilchrist
Old 11-08-2005, 15:23   #148
NEONKNIGHT

195 for 2 so far. Come on England! I might get to see them carrying on their innings when I go to Old Trafford tomorrow for the second days play.

Old 11-08-2005, 15:25   #149
Roy MM
Inactive

Services: NTL cable 20mb Broadband, V+ package.
Roy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appeal
Roy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Roy MM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEONKNIGHT
195 for 2 so far. Come on England! I might get to see them carrying on their innings when I go to Old Trafford tomorrow for the second days play.

Not bad for the first session, just hope they can build on it.
Old 11-08-2005, 15:29   #150
Aragorn
Inactive

Aragorn has a nice shiny star
Aragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny star

So far so good. I hope Vaughan gets a big hundred - a bit lucky with the dropped catch and no ball

Having said that, I remember last summer they were ~300+ for 2/3 after day one and folded quickly on day two (against WI, iirc). As they say the well padded female hasn't started warbling yet
Closed Thread