Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 20-02-2014, 20:33   #1861
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Official Media Remote out in March:

http://majornelson.com/2014/02/20/th...-media-remote/

Select XBL members are going to be invited to preview the next update:

http://majornelson.com/2014/02/20/in...ox-one-update/
Ive pre ordered the remote
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-02-2014, 20:52   #1862
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I won't buy this as i am very annoyed that the X1 version looks very similar to the 360 and PS3 version compared to the PS4 version which i posted earlier in the thread, i am just shocked that the developer couldn't find time to improve the X1 visuals alot more.

---------- Post added at 10:55 ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 ----------

More issues with BF4 alot of players are reporting they're losing all their loadouts including myself, it seems a bit random as to whether they load or not.
While there is noticible improvements in the Xbox One version over the 360 especially the frame rate and details. The PS3 to PS4 is dramatically different. Could Konami have deliberatly made the PS4 version the best by being slipped a backhander by Sony?

I am actually now glad I don't have a next gen system yet as its giving me a better chance to see and decide which one to pick up first when I am able to afford one. Currently the PS4 is slipping in to the lead even though I much prefer Live and have a lot more friends on it.
Old 20-02-2014, 22:43   #1863
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
While there is noticible improvements in the Xbox One version over the 360 especially the frame rate and details. The PS3 to PS4 is dramatically different. Could Konami have deliberatly made the PS4 version the best by being slipped a backhander by Sony?

I am actually now glad I don't have a next gen system yet as its giving me a better chance to see and decide which one to pick up first when I am able to afford one. Currently the PS4 is slipping in to the lead even though I much prefer Live and have a lot more friends on it.
I am currently hoping the rumoured new SKU that developers get will give 1080p easily, if it doesn't happen i will likely in the future go PS4 as well.
Old 20-02-2014, 23:09   #1864
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Ive pre ordered the remote
I will most likely get it, although at the moment I don't use my Xbox One much for media anyway. My new Smart TV handles streaming, and my PS3 is still used for Blu-rays and DVDs.

If/when the Blu-ray app is improved and if/when Dolby is added, I will get the remote as I'll have a reason then to use the console for more than just games.

I will definitely be getting the official headphones, though.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 04:41   #1865
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Quote:

I got invited as a beta tester
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 08:38   #1866
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
I got invited as a beta tester
Me too and I've download the app and just waiting to hear I've been accepted
Old 22-02-2014, 10:56   #1867
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Wish i did, and i would like to know more about the rumoured updated SDK that will hopefully allow developers to easily make their games 1080p, although i won't hold my breath on that one.
Old 22-02-2014, 11:16   #1868
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Wish i did, and i would like to know more about the rumoured updated SKU that will hopefully allow developers to easily make their games 1080p, although i won't hold my breath on that one.
I assume you mean SDK
Old 22-02-2014, 11:18   #1869
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I have just had a black screen of death on the X1, i pressed the Home button while BF4 was loading, the only way to get rid of the black screen was to do a hard reboot by holding down the power button on the console for several seconds.

---------- Post added at 11:18 ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
I assume you mean SDK
Err hey i just got out of bed!
Old 22-02-2014, 11:24   #1870
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
I have just had a black screen of death on the X1, i pressed the Home button while BF4 was loading, the only way to get rid of the black screen was to do a hard reboot by holding down the power button on the console for several seconds.
I have had this several times and MS are working on a fix

Quote:
Err hey i just got out of bed!
Excuses excuses
Old 22-02-2014, 13:08   #1871
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

$24 so £30 UK
Old 22-02-2014, 13:09   #1872
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
$24 so £30 UK
Remote is £19.99 here in the UK. I have mine on pre order with Amazon
Old 22-02-2014, 13:11   #1873
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Minecraft £50? WTF there are zero graphical power in it so why that high when it was £17 on the 360
Old 22-02-2014, 17:18   #1874
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Where are you seeing that?
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 19:36   #1875
nstokes
Inactive

Just checked the preview app on my Xbox and seems it's now registered to get beta updates so looks like I was accepted