Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 17-12-2013, 10:12   #1651
Acathla
cf.mega poster

Acathla has reached the bronze age
Acathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze age
Re: The Xbox One Thread

I got an email from Amazon today, despite I didn't actually buy my xbox One from them, offering £8 off Just Dance 2014 (Next Gen). I don't plan to use this but if any of the forum regulars do wish to take advantage of this offer, I'll happily pass the code on - PM me.

---

Thank you for purchasing a next generation gaming console from Amazon.co.uk.

To thank you for your custom, please find your discount code to claim £8 off Just Dance 2014 on Xbox One or PS4, along with redemption instructions, below.

Each code should be 16 characters in length, with hyphens between each set of characters.

**Your Code** = ????-??????-??????

Instructions:
You will need an Amazon.co.uk account to redeem your Just Dance 2014 discount code.

1. Go to Amazon.co.uk.
2. Add Just Dance 2014 on Xbox One or PS4 to your basket.
3. Proceed to Checkout.
4. Where it says 'Enter a gift card, gift certificate or promotional code', enter your discount code.
5. The cost of Just Dance 2014 will be reduced by £8.
6. Click the 'Place your order' button.
Acathla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-12-2013, 12:28   #1652
Wad_2002
Inactive

Services: Tivo & BB
Wad_2002 is on a distinguished roadWad_2002 is on a distinguished road

Other than some bugs on BF 4...its really cool on the xbox one and really good

I have a code from China Pack Expansion for the XBOX 360 if anyone wants it as it doesnt work on the xbox one.

PM if you want the code
Wad_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2013, 16:40   #1653
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I phoned the MS Store's UK number to buy Complete, 0800 026 0329 (because the service website repeatedly failed to get past step 1 when trying to buy it from there).

It sounded like a standard off-shore call centre to me.

I'm not sure if you should phone that or Support, though, in your case, as you didn't buy via the Store.

One of the many examples of Microsoft's stupidity is that its systems are not linked: Because I bought MS Complete from the MS Store via the phone, the extended warranty does not show up if I visit the service website (myservice.xbox.com), all the service site shows for me is the standard warranty. I do have the extended warranty, but cannot make use of it via the service website as it does not know I have it

Contrast that with Apple...I bought my iPad and iMac from the Apple Online Store and my iPhone from the local Apple Retail Store. All three have Apple Care, purchased via the Retail Store for the iPhone, the Online Store for the iPad, and the Amazon Marketplace for the iMac. All three devices are listed on my Apple support profile on the Apple website, and all three have the correct warranty information listed even though the devices and extended warranties were bought from different parts of Apple (with one extended warranty not even purchased via Apple at all).
I am banging my head against a wall with MS now, i phone the store number in your post told them my problem and they gave me a number for MS online i think, well guess what, they said they can't do anything and they then gave me the same number you did and said phone them!!!

Can hardly understand a thing they say to be honest too.

Maybe i will try webchat if that exists later.
Old 17-12-2013, 17:18   #1654
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Microsoft do make me laugh, now I bought the extended warranty via the phone, and because the rep didn't have access to my account, it hasn't been attached to the xbox service website. However the rep I've just got off the phone to, said as long as you have the confirmation email, then that's all the proof you need.
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2013, 19:23   #1655
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I am banging my head against a wall with MS now, i phone the store number in your post told them my problem and they gave me a number for MS online i think, well guess what, they said they can't do anything and they then gave me the same number you did and said phone them!!!

Can hardly understand a thing they say to be honest too.

Maybe i will try webchat if that exists later.
Just cross your fingers you don't get given the runaround and then passed onto Spanish chat

(it's happened to others I know! )

Keep at it. You should not have been charged an extra 23%...

If you use Twitter, you could also try @XboxSupport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
Microsoft do make me laugh, now I bought the extended warranty via the phone, and because the rep didn't have access to my account, it hasn't been attached to the xbox service website. However the rep I've just got off the phone to, said as long as you have the confirmation email, then that's all the proof you need.
Yeah, it really is a joke. Apple can handle it, why can't MS?
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2013, 20:25   #1656
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Christ knows, MS are a joke with the way they work
Old 18-12-2013, 22:52   #1657
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

The latest plants vs zombies X1 video looks so much fun, I will get this for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhyD...e_gdata_player
Old 19-12-2013, 16:46   #1658
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Another update for Battlefield 4, i am also installing the free China Rising DLC that came with my pre order.

https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf...0493750544100/

Quote:
Dec 19 Xbox One Game Update Notes
-Reduced the probability of the “Kill trade” issue (see below for details).
-Fixed a common crash that could occur during gameplay.
-Fixed an issue that could corrupt save files in the single player campaign.
-Fix for the game mode specific ribbons being counted twice in the multiplayer progression.
-Fix for a graphical glitch that could appear on terrain.
-Fix for the SUAV (introduced in the China Rising expansion pack) not exploding when hitting enemy soldiers. While these indeed should be deadly, they were never designed for “roadkilling” opponents.
-Fix for an issue where 4x the damage from a vehicle's minigun would be applied to the chest when a player had the Defense specialization equipped.
-Servers that friends are playing on now have a higher priority in the server list.
-Server Browser is no longer showing empty or full servers by default.
-Balancing jet handling across all stealth and attack jet classes.
-Fixed a bug in Defuse mode where defenders could win a round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb. If the attackers arm the bomb, the defenders need to disarm it to win, even if they have killed all the attackers.
-Fix for a Defuse bug where none of the teams would win a round by letting the timer run out.
-Fix for players getting stuck in the revive screen.
-Fix for players getting stuck in the kill camera after being revived. Note that you might see a graphical bug on-screen after being revived when accepting a revive within 1 second. This graphical bug will be removed in the next patch.
-Fixed the instance where players suddenly would transition into Spectator Mode while playing the Defuse game mode.
-Fix for the death camera/screen being displayed too early.
-Raised the first-person camera slightly for walking in crouch to more accurately reflect the actual position of the character.
-Fixed an issue with the party chat app not working.
-Fixed an issue in the in-game Battlelog where non-ASCII characters would display incorrectly.
-Fixed an issue when maps were not loading properly while player didn’t have the game in full screen.

Kill trading issue
We’ve addressed the so-called “Kill trading”. This refers to when two players fire at each other and, seemingly, both die at the same time. The time window where a bullet could cause damage from an already dead player is now calculated as intended, decreasing the time frame when players with high latency could get a kill, even though they should be dead according to the server. This should reduce the probability of kill trading.
Old 19-12-2013, 20:35   #1659
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age
Bulky has reached the bronze age

Seems bf4 is dramatically improved so far .... Fingers crossed
Old 20-12-2013, 18:35   #1660
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Amazon and Game have stock if anyone is interested
Old 20-12-2013, 18:41   #1661
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Tesco Direct also does.
Old 20-12-2013, 20:25   #1662
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
Amazon and Game have stock if anyone is interested
My Sainsburys on has the Fifa download one which doesn't interest me on bit.

In fact the last football game I played was Sensible Soccer on the Atari ST.
Old 20-12-2013, 20:27   #1663
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Yes i really hate football games too, so pleased i change mine for a Forza one.
Old 21-12-2013, 19:52   #1664
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

I think the OS update has brought us a feature that was in beta. I have not seen this working for me before the update and other day it worked. If you are playing a game lets say Forza you pause it while in a race or a menu etc and then turn off the console. When you turn it back on again and sign in you star the last game you played in this case Forza and guess what it carries on from where you praised it. No loading, no starting again. I have also tried this with FIFA and same thing.

Goto settings, power and startup and choose 'Resume game quickly (beta)'. Also make sure your console is set to 'Instant on'

Try it out and see if works for you. I have also captured 2 videos of this as well
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2013, 19:55   #1665
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Will have to try it, although the option was in the original firmware, are you saying it wasn't working?