Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | MMA

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

MMA

Old 19-05-2016, 08:23   #166
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Boxing/MMA

Just been watching the Overeem and Big Foot Silva fights from a couple of weeks ago.and it seems to me that since the last MMA fatality the referees are intervening a tad quicker than before. It's not a bad thing IMHO, I've seen some shocking examples of fighters being badly beaten when clearly unable to defend themselves.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-05-2016, 13:12   #167
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

It's usually dependant on the ref but I think the recent death has shaken things up a bit. I doubt anyone wants to feel partly responsible. It's a no win situation. We've seen fights stopped absurdly early and then ones where the guys taken a bulldozer over his face. There's no middle ground without introducing a standing count which can't be done without removing ground offence. I've gone off it a bit since the McGregor fallout. It's getting a bit daft now, a major reason UFC built it's way to where it is was because it pushed top fighters against equals and didn't allow cherry picking. Now however it's ridiculous to see the cancellation of each headline event months or weeks beforehand with fighters pulling out at any point. It's becoming more frequent and annoying and Dana needs to sort it out. In fact I stand by Dana White needing to go. From McGregor to the Reebok deal to previously denying fighters opportunities in favour of a money match. (Sonnen vs Silva) the bloke has sold out.

Haye up at the weekend for his mandatory knock out win.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 19-05-2016 at 13:19.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2016, 22:29   #168
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Shannon Briggs is absolutely awful. Gave him a dire fighter and he walked through with visibly awful boxing skills. This guy is so far past it, Haye will bury this bloke.

---------- Post added at 22:13 ---------- Previous post was at 21:30 ----------

Haye sending Shockwave's. Joshua wants none of this at this stage. Briggs needs to take note. Wilder can help himself to some. David Haye is massive and in full flow. He's being made to work his way back up but nothing has gone. The power and speed is still on show. Do British boxing justice and keep Joshua away from fights like this right now. Let Haye go after Wilder.

---------- Post added at 22:29 ---------- Previous post was at 22:13 ----------

Haye calls out Briggs for September, Joshua for next year and Wilder after.

Says if he lands a bomb on any of those three they'll crumble, i doubt anyone will argue with that either. Hell bent in this British show down though and I still don't think Joshua will be ready then either. Joshua vs Fury, Haye vs Wilder please. Joshua needs to be hit on the chin a few times. You can't just jump into a ring with a guy that throws nuclear right hands without taking a decent shot. Again Whyte rocked him which is a sign there's a lot of work to be done. Give Joshua someone that can withstand a few rounds again, get him a slugfest but a year isn't enough fights to ready yourself for the Hayemaker. Anybody Haye hits they crumble which includes Wlad, who felt everyone of Hayes right hands and quickly grabbed hold.

My view, Haye is lazing around, he'll bury Fury, Wilder and Joshua and given a second chance he'll knock Klitschko out too.

I feel for Joshua. In one reality he can be Lewis v2 and in another you're setting up for Amir Khan style career of jumping classes way too early and facing opponent's in a whole different world. In my world as above I think Joshua could trouble Fury and I'd go for Haye and Wilder

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 21-05-2016 at 22:32.
Old 30-05-2016, 16:50   #169
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Floyd Mayweather posts promo poster amid fight deal with Conor McGregor.

Just silly now. Is Floyd expecting this bloke to turn up looking for a 12 round boxing match? McGregor will go looking for an absolute scrap. Floyd won't trouble his chin and Conor is definitely not looking for a points win. This is far more dangerous to Floyd than it is to conor. McGregor throws bombs and that's exactly what he'll do.
Old 05-06-2016, 15:46   #170
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

The UK have their underdog as Michael Bisping pulls off one of the biggest upsets in UFC history. Bisping knocked out Luke Rockhold in 2 minutes to become the UK's first ever UFC champion after taking the fight on 2 weeks notice and being written off by bookies.
Old 25-06-2016, 20:06   #171
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Anthony Joshua up tonight. Box office is back however. For a squash fight I feel robbed...again. I don't mind shilling out for a big name fight but this shouldn't even be on PPV. They did this with all of Khans journeyman fights when he was just a up and comer.
Old 25-06-2016, 20:31   #172
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Personally l think its a utter disgrace that for those who pay out for Sky Sports are then being asked to pay out for PPV boxing fights if they want to watch it.
Old 26-06-2016, 00:08   #173
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Eubank Jr calls out Golovkin.... Is he mad? I can't see the kid lasting 30 seconds. There's a reason Froch was all too happy to retire. The current pound for pound king. The chin of wolverine and punches as if he was slamming bricks at your face. The guy is a boxing monster. Eubank is full of it. He's never setting this up.

---------- Post added 26-06-2016 at 00:08 ---------- Previous post was 25-06-2016 at 22:14 ----------

Dire. That's probably the best I could give that fight. He fought a broomstick basically. I've only learned negatives from Joshua. The first is he just stands and throws a lot which will leave you standing in the path of a Fury, Hate or Wilder counter. The media have the audacity to call it a masterclass. It wasn't even a contest. The guy was nothing more than a typical bum fighter with a gob that then stood still for 6 and a half rounds with absolutely no defensive skills to show. People had to pay 17 quid to watch a warm up bout. Khan vs Alexander, Pacman vs Bradley III, Ward vs Froch, those were masterclass performances. Stop throwing daft words about at this stage.

The second negative is the power. Why would you rate someone's power so early in his career? Khan, Mayweather and pretty much every boxer starts their career knocking out nobodies in their home town. This is what Joshua is doing like everyone else. I thought he was a one punch wonder but after tonight its clear there's still questions to be answered. Said it before. Chisora is a go to for a good test of where your power is at and for a scrappy fight.

Right now though I'd say Haye, Fury and Wilder could all take AJ out.

I want this lad to be the best in the world but you have to step up opponents. I dubbed it the Hatton effect and you're seeing it now with Kell Brook. The welterweight that avoids anyone with half a reputation. When Brook does finally make that step he will be venturing into unknown waters after 30+ fights, which is ridiculous. We've seen what happens too. Hattin went from his backyard to Floyd and got taught a lesson. Then he was sharply brutalised by the legend Manny. When I look back at both I concede I couldn't see Hatton beating many prizefighters, the guy had no chin because he'd never been tested.

Joshua has only taken one big shot and it sent him reeling. Whens the next one coming? Does he have a chin?

He's getting the Box office attention and Media attention just like a certain Amir Khan did. Give Eddie Hearn a slap, get an American promoter and get this lad some quality opposition and build the next Lewis.

In ring experience is invaluable, but fighting Audley Harrison's won't teach you anything. Take some steady risks and test that chin. Lewis, Ali, Tyson, Klitschko all had something in common. They all lost. In heavyweight boxing a loss doesn't mean that much. The undefeated hype is exactly that, hype.

Peter Fury (Tyson's trainer) Keep Joshua well away from David Haye.

They know it, we know it. Joshua is too motionless at times, and he's just been took to the 6th round with an unknown fighter. Its the same result still, Haye will bury Joshua and the future of British boxing. No reason for a 17-0 to be fighting a known knockout artist. As of typing. David Haye is already the world number three via IBF... If Joshua goes down the mandatory route. He has a New Zealander. Meaning Haye beating Briggs makes him mandatory for Joshua.

"Wilder waited 30 fights" -Joshua

I hope thats a feet planted on the ground moment and him being respectable enough to know he's far from elite just yet. He'd be ready for the dreadful punches of Wilder eventually though. Haye and Fury are too unpredictable. I don't think you're ever truly ready for those fights, same with Klitschko, just how it goes on the night.

Overall I'd rather see 3 British champions for a while. Get Joshua a build up then let them scrap. Let Haye chase Fury instead and leave the future talent alone.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 26-06-2016 at 00:31.
Old 26-06-2016, 05:41   #174
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Sadly like some other boxers its all talk the talk but alas that's where it ends because as soon as they fight someone with any substance then they get exposed for the frauds they are.
Old 05-07-2016, 13:26   #175
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Briggs and Haye could be off as Bellew and Haye in talks to fight.

Haye will want it at Heavy rather than Cruiser. Bare in mind a win for Haye will make him Joshua's mandatory. So expect a relinquish from Joshua after his next fight or expect Britain's new golden boy to face a real puncher and as many have it. Find himself face down.

Bellew is insanse. His career was back on track and he's stuck his nose in with a former Unified undisputed Cruiserweight champion of the world whom knocked out every single cruiserweight challenge bar one. Haye didn't leave on a bad note either. He merely jumped weight and became Heavyweight champion. Conclusion is simple, Bellew is absolutely insane. There's no outcome where I can honestly see Bellew still being standing after the 5th round.

Again, Haye won't be cutting now he's finally got a heavyweight look held down.

As for Joshua, there's no way to properly prepare for Haye now so relinquish after the next fight or face a bloke that pundits simply don't have you standing much of a chance against. Isn't just Haye either. Many are now writing Joshua as a body builder with a bit of power rather than a boxer. Can't disagree until we actually see him show a bit of chin and get into a proper scrap. I want this lad to be everything Amir Khan was meant to be but without those ridiculously bad choices along the way. Drop Eddie hearn asap, get to the US and get a big time trainer before you're mixing with the lads that had what you had but failed. Khan, Hatton, likely Brook if he keeps it up.

Bit harsh on Khan given he jumped two weights. But that's exactly what I alluded to when I said bad choices. Khan vs Mayweather still needs to happen. Khan is near unbeatable on points. Couldn't carry any power against Canelo but damn he caught him as you'd expect and honestly, Khan threw punches I never knew he had and I doubt many Welters would take. He'll lose that new found power though and his naturally division is rapidly emptying. Go for Brook. It's boring hype now, Brook hasn't fought anyone in the same league as Khan, Khan wins and Brook is buried. Brook wins and he's finally had a named fighter and can move into the big league.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:11   #176
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

UFC 200 card falls apart again.. Jones out amid doping allegations. Anderson Silva jumps to LHW despite being floored twice by New Middleweight champion and fellow veteran, Britain's own Michael Bisping.

Silva has shown he's done with the sport, he's really falling from a mountain and should leave with his name intact.

What started as a huge card has been chopped and cut with stand ins at a weeks notice or less. The same issue that's been plaguing the UFC for a year now. Quickly losing interest in 3 months of hype only to cut the cards at the last minute.

The interesting battle between Lesnar and Hunt has now became the centrepiece.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 09-07-2016 at 12:16.
Old 09-07-2016, 18:18   #177
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Not sure if I'll tape the main card or stay up to watch, but I want Lesnar to destroy Hunt. Shame he won't be able to those suplexes in UFC with no fight back.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 15:29   #178
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Well that was horrific. Lesnar goes dull and grounds Hunt but fair play for exposing a stand up merchant. Leave it at that though. Seen nothing to suggest he can beat the top boys but they can set up publicity bouts. Roy Nelson would be a fun fight. Bar this, the rest of the card was horrific.

Kell Brook is fighting Golovkin though. That's hilarious. Floored in Vegas I think it was I said.. Floored in London

Absolute insanity to take this as your first major fight and Eubank Jr is just as much daft. Take a leaf from Khan on this one. You'll carry your speed and grab the early rounds but he will catch you and you'll feel it. Eddie Hearn once again though, took the money.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 10-07-2016 at 15:44.
Old 16-07-2016, 22:37   #179
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

The ever skillful Deontay Wilder and his windmill punching is on at 1am on Sky sports 3, likely time about 4am of course so doubtful any casual boxing fans will bother to watch his mandatory bum fight after Povetkin pulled out and naturally you can't blame them. Heavyweight title boxing as dull as ever.
Old 17-07-2016, 20:32   #180
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Has now emerged Brock Lesnar failed a doping test BEFORE UFC 200. Dana White and Lesnar dragging the UFC to new lows because 'money'

Doesn't even matter what substance it was, you call it off. Simple. Demands for Lesnar to forfeit his purse to Mark Hunt and for the decision to be overturned to No Contest after Hunt complained. Admitted his ground game is awful but he needs no guard against Lesnar because his punches are like pillows. Chael Sonnen has also hit out at Lesnar as well as Roy Nelson.

Bare in mind Jon Jones was pulled from the card for a similar reason.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 17-07-2016 at 20:37.