Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Films to see in 2017

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Films to see in 2017

Old 25-01-2017, 22:37   #76
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Films to see in 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
....I've heard of Manchester by the Sea. So, yep one for me there.
Manchester by the Sea is great. Should pick up at least one Best Actor Oscar for Affleck and maybe one for Michelle Williams. There is at least one amazing scene in it.

---------- Post added at 21:37 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
...fair enough, to each his own.

But I can only take enough of exploding buildings, gunfights, car chases, space battles etc.

I do need stories some time as well to go along with the superhero, cgi riddled fight fests aka Hollywood films.
There are a lot of Superhero films. They risk fatigue of it at some point I think. However there are so many films released it's not really a problem, just don't watch them. IMO The best superhero film is still A Dark Knight. Shame DC are struggling now, hope Wonder Woman is good as she was one of the bright spots in Batman vs Superman which was a rough film.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-01-2017, 23:40   #77
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

For anyone interested you can see the full list of Oscar nominations here
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2017, 00:44   #78
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Manchester by the Sea is great. Should pick up at least one Best Actor Oscar for Affleck and maybe one for Michelle Williams. There is at least one amazing scene in it.

---------- Post added at 21:37 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

There are a lot of Superhero films. They risk fatigue of it at some point I think. However there are so many films released it's not really a problem, just don't watch them. IMO The best superhero film is still THE Dark Knight. Shame DC are struggling now, hope Wonder Woman is good as she was one of the bright spots in Batman vs Superman which was a rough film.
Hey, get it right!

It was all Chris Nolan, DC never had a high, Chris Nolan was just Chris Nolan to be fair. Best DC films made, no argument. If Nolan had signed on properly and been at the helm over Snyder, the new ones would be equally as good.

Marvel are pretty unstoppable right now, a well liked continuous cast with more likeable characters and Suicide Squad had little chance of matching Deadpool. I feel like DC have the better TV shows though.
Old 26-01-2017, 15:04   #79
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Hey, get it right!

It was all Chris Nolan, DC never had a high, Chris Nolan was just Chris Nolan to be fair. Best DC films made, no argument. If Nolan had signed on properly and been at the helm over Snyder, the new ones would be equally as good.

Marvel are pretty unstoppable right now, a well liked continuous cast with more likeable characters and Suicide Squad had little chance of matching Deadpool. I feel like DC have the better TV shows though.
Oh yeah it was definitely Nolan. Batman has the additional advantage of already been a gritty and dark universe which lends itself well to modern films at the moment. It's easier to see how you create an compelling and relevant story with Batman than with Superman.Nolan was also given far more creative control than recent Superhero movies. Joss Whedon has complained a number of times of how Marvel would micromanage the whole process. The Nolan Batman films were their own films that existed by themselves, now it's more of an industry and creative decisions are limited by the fact they have to co-exist with many other films across the Marvel Universe.

Maybe DC should go back to the old way of doing it. Get a team they trust and give them a franchise for a film or three that can stand on their own. Instead of trying to do the Marvel Universe thing.

Last edited by Damien; 26-01-2017 at 15:19.
Old 26-01-2017, 20:38   #80
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Oh yeah it was definitely Nolan. Batman has the additional advantage of already been a gritty and dark universe which lends itself well to modern films at the moment. It's easier to see how you create an compelling and relevant story with Batman than with Superman.Nolan was also given far more creative control than recent Superhero movies. Joss Whedon has complained a number of times of how Marvel would micromanage the whole process. The Nolan Batman films were their own films that existed by themselves, now it's more of an industry and creative decisions are limited by the fact they have to co-exist with many other films across the Marvel Universe.

Maybe DC should go back to the old way of doing it. Get a team they trust and give them a franchise for a film or three that can stand on their own. Instead of trying to do the Marvel Universe thing.
Agreed, the attempt to compete is pretty hopeless and moving backwards to separate universe trilogy's like Nolans Dark Knight trilogy would suit them so much better as you've said. Still can't find myself disagreeing that The Dark Knight is pretty much the greatest superhero movie made over both DC and Marvel. Nolan is still around too looking over things Snyder does but it still doesn't feel great. Marvel don't get it their own way either though. I feel like Age of Ultron was quite overrated. The introduction to Ultron set Ultron up to be an epic Villain, the Disney quotations in a twisted way was an epic scene... It just kinda tanks from then on in.

Another problem I see for Marvel and probably relates to your comments about micromanaging is how massive their merchandise base has become, Disney of course doing absolutely everything possible to make sure they have everything of absolutely anything to sell to kids and adults alike. They need those on screen characters doing exactly the right thing.

All in all, Chris Nolan and Heath Ledger combined in the second movie of a trilogy and absolutely smashed it. The greatest on screen Joker I've ever seen.
Old 26-01-2017, 21:09   #81
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Agreed, the attempt to compete is pretty hopeless and moving backwards to separate universe trilogy's like Nolans Dark Knight trilogy would suit them so much better as you've said. Still can't find myself disagreeing that The Dark Knight is pretty much the greatest superhero movie made over both DC and Marvel. Nolan is still around too looking over things Snyder does but it still doesn't feel great. Marvel don't get it their own way either though. I feel like Age of Ultron was quite overrated. The introduction to Ultron set Ultron up to be an epic Villain, the Disney quotations in a twisted way was an epic scene... It just kinda tanks from then on in.

Another problem I see for Marvel and probably relates to your comments about micromanaging is how massive their merchandise base has become, Disney of course doing absolutely everything possible to make sure they have everything of absolutely anything to sell to kids and adults alike. They need those on screen characters doing exactly the right thing.

All in all, Chris Nolan and Heath Ledger combined in the second movie of a trilogy and absolutely smashed it. The greatest on screen Joker I've ever seen.
Well exactly. I think it's hard to rate writers and directors of Superhero movies when the studios have so much influence. As you say there is the problem with merchandise but also future films, contracts and so on. The writers are given characters they need to introduce, rough estimates of screen time, where characters need to be in order to fit into the universe (they can't kill anyone off without a businesses decision being made) and other things they need to happen in the film. They get given these blocs they need to fit into a film. Where Nolan got a clean sheet of paper they're given lego.
Old 31-01-2017, 19:18   #82
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Old 31-01-2017, 19:21   #83
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Looks very good IMO.
Old 31-01-2017, 19:34   #84
General Maximus
Ran Away

Yup, i cant wait.
Old 31-01-2017, 19:51   #85
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

It's got Emma Watson in it - so it's an instant turn off for me
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2017, 23:48   #86
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

What did Emma do wrong ?

TBH, it looks very "potterish", so she should be right at home.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 23:14   #87
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Superbowl spot.
Old 09-02-2017, 22:24   #88
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 19:13   #89
General Maximus
Ran Away

I can't wait, it is going to be amazing and there are so many characters in it with so much going on I wish it was a 5 hour film.

Old 15-02-2017, 19:34   #90
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Ghost in the Shell. Out in the spring.