Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netgear problems with new PC

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netgear problems with new PC

Old 01-08-2005, 23:18   #1
dave_elf
Inactive

Services: 2M Broadband
dave_elf is an unknown quantity at this point
Netgear problems with new PC

Can anyone offer any help - I am having major problems installing and setting to work my Netgear wireless router (MR814 v2) with my motorola cable modem on Blueyonder broadband. I have just bought a new PC (Phillips LS1100) and am finding it impossible to install the router. Does anyone know of any compatabillity problems etc.
Any help would be gratefully received. Things worked perfectly on my old PC!

Dave E.
dave_elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2005, 23:19   #2
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Re: Netgear problems with new PC

to Cable Forum

What sort of problems are you having?

Have you rebooted everything once you've got it all connected up?

Turn it all of, turn the modem on and wait for the lights to settle, turn the router on and wait for the lights to settle, boot the PC up.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 23:20   #3
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Moved to Computers & IT discussion http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...ad.php?t=31795
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 23:34   #4
dave_elf
Inactive

Thanks for swift reply - yes I have done all the stuff from the installation guide and restarted in the right order - I wondered whether the network card in my new PC was compatable or not?
Old 01-08-2005, 23:37   #5
Raistlin
Inactive

Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Don't see any reason why it shouldn't be.....

Have you tried a different lead?

Can you get to the router's control panel?

What IP address are you getting (if any) from the network adaptor on the PC (Start > Control Panel > Network Connections, highlight your adaptor and right click, select properties, the IP address should be listed in there somewhere)?

Don't post the whole address, just the first two sets of numbers should be sufficient.

Are you running a software firewall at all?
Old 01-08-2005, 23:38   #6
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

A network card is unlikely to be incompatible, more likely an issue with it's setup.

Try deleting all drivers attached to the card and then rebooting whcih in Windoze will prompt a reload of current drivers. Check the manufacturer's site first for the current ones and download using the working PC you currently have.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 23:44   #7
dave_elf
Inactive

Thanks for the advice - I will try all of that - reloading drivers for network card etc. and let you know if I get any joy.

This PC also has a wireless network card installed. Would I be right in thinking that if I just connect the Netgear router to the cable modem - then I should be able to get a wireless connection with the PC?
Old 01-08-2005, 23:45   #8
Raistlin
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_elf
Thanks for the advice - I will try all of that - reloading drivers for network card etc. and let you know if I get any joy.

This PC also has a wireless network card installed. Would I be right in thinking that if I just connect the Netgear router to the cable modem - then I should be able to get a wireless connection with the PC?
That's the theory, yes