Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 12:52   #2986
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Now TV Entertainment and Cinema passes £1 for first month for new customers

http://www.nowtv.com/offers
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2016, 15:10   #2987
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Possibly a free month of NowTV entertainment pack using 1 of these 2 codes, ENTFT or ENTSFT for new and existing customers, i havent been able to add it to mine as i already have an entertainment pass.

For new and existing customers.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/n...-entft-2503691
Old 08-09-2016, 18:18   #2988
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

Neither working for me. Time for yet another email and new account
Old 10-09-2016, 16:47   #2989
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

A quick heads up(if somewhat belatedly) for Now TV customers who want access to Sky Box Office content, if you own a Now TV box they have today added a Sky Box Office app to the app store, so if you're wanting to watch the Golovkin vs Brook fight tonight its now available.
You have to follow a link on the app to buy the event/sign up via a pc then use those credentials on the app but hopefully it should then be available via Now TV
Old 15-09-2016, 16:08   #2990
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold

I saw Tesco had Now TV boxes with 3 Months Entertainment or 2 Months Movies for £15. The latter is better value but 3 months entertainment and box for £15 has me sold.

The offer lasts until the 5th of October.
Old 15-09-2016, 16:25   #2991
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_gain View Post
I saw Tesco had Now TV boxes with 3 Months Entertainment or 2 Months Movies for £15. The latter is better value but 3 months entertainment and box for £15 has me sold.

My local petrol station sells those passes at those prices, if you don't need a Now TV box there's plenty of places that sell vouchers like these.

I have enough Now TV passes to last a year by waiting for the likes of Amazon, Tescos and Argos to have special offers on their boxes.
I think the best I got was a box with a 6 month entertainment pass for £18 and the worst a box with a 4 month movie pass for £20.

After harvesting the useful parts like HDMI cables and batteries the boxes went to the local charity shop and the passes stayed with me to be activated when needed.
Old 15-09-2016, 21:55   #2992
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
My local petrol station sells those passes at those prices, if you don't need a Now TV box there's plenty of places that sell vouchers like these.

I have enough Now TV passes to last a year by waiting for the likes of Amazon, Tescos and Argos to have special offers on their boxes.
I think the best I got was a box with a 6 month entertainment pass for £18 and the worst a box with a 4 month movie pass for £20.

After harvesting the useful parts like HDMI cables and batteries the boxes went to the local charity shop and the passes stayed with me to be activated when needed.
Oh yeah, was looking at getting some vouchers from Amazon but with and extra box I can punt one to my parents and my kids can use it in their spare room when they stay.
Old 16-09-2016, 09:44   #2993
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_gain View Post

You can get better deals than that, they popup often.

Amazon sell the box with a 6 month pass for £26 still more expensive than previous deals though.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/.../?tag=ho01f-21
Old 16-09-2016, 12:48   #2994
buckeye
cf.addict

If you're happy paying £5 a month for the entertainment passes then there are lots of places where you can get vouchers for that price,
whilst I hate praising Sky I think its a very good idea of theirs to have Now TV passes available on the voucher racks in stores and supermarkets,
you don't even need to go out to get the entertainment passes at a fiver a month, game.co.uk do them and just send you an email with the code on once the sale is confirmed.

Also the standard price for Sky Sports weekly passes seems to be £10 everywhere so its advisable if you want one to save a quid and not buy from Sky.

Getting movie passes at a decent rate is harder, you can go to ebay but I've had the odd dodgy pass from there, but every 2 or 3 months the likes of Amazon, Argos and Tesco will do a deal for a box and 4 months movies for around £18-£20, if you're into your movies its well worth keeping an eye on those sites, there's probably others too that cable forum members may wish to suggest.
Old 16-09-2016, 13:26   #2995
mike_gain
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
You can get better deals than that, they popup often.

Amazon sell the box with a 6 month pass for £26 still more expensive than previous deals though.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/.../?tag=ho01f-21
Thanks.
I got my current "black" box off Amazon for £18 with 4 months movies. Last time I looked they had the 6 month + box on at just under £30 (similar price to what they were asking for a 6 month voucher on its own). Pays to keep checking I guess.

Granted £25 for 6 months is better that £15 for 3....might even be tempted to order that too in preparation for dropping my VM TV. £40 for 9 months of entertainment is still pretty good.
Old 23-09-2016, 16:37   #2996
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Interesting to read that Liberty Global's verdict is that Netflix on the Tivo works for them. A good sign, perhaps, that Amazon will be next.

http://www.digitaltveurope.net/60422...content-focus/

Liberty Global to increase online content focus

Liberty Global will look to increasingly focus its content spend online, according to company CEO Mike Fries.

Speaking at Goldman Sachs’ 25th Annual Communacopia Conference in New York yesterday, Fries said that currently Liberty spends some US$2 billion per year on content, most of which is currently “spent on channels like Discovery”.

“An increasing amount of that is spent on rights for content that we provide online – that we provide in our replay formats and our SVOD platforms. That will be the nature of where we’re headed.”

Ask specifically about M&A opportunities in terms of content, Fries said that Liberty would remain “opportunistic” when it comes to deals but played down the often speculated-about potential for Liberty to buy ITV – the UK broadcaster it holds a 9.9% stake in – saying “I don’t see any massive vertical integration big bangs.”

“The ITV stake has been a good investment for us and I think that is a great company,” said Fries. “Maybe some day it could be an interesting thing for Virgin to take another step [in], but not today.”

Fries cited last year’s joint investment with Discovery in Lionsgate as a “very good” relationship and said that work is now underway to “work more closely together, putting capital to work strategically together as opposed to waiting for things to fall off the tree.”

He also said that Liberty and Discovery’s joint ownership of UK production company All3Media is “starting to provide benefits in Ireland, where we’re getting the best shows they have onto our broadcast networks”.

“We are looking at some of our own independent production opportunities – small stuff though. Let’s say we’re moving slowly into this space and I think it’s the right thing to do,” said Fries.

Discussing Liberty’s recently announced Netflix partnership, which will make the SVOD provider’s content available to its subscribers in 30 countries around the world, Fries said the deal is “not disruptive in the least”.

“It’s additive to the overall content product that we’re offering to consumers and I think it’s going to be a win-win,” said Fries.

“In the UK where 800,000 of our customers have the Netflix app built into the box, they watch more television, they pay us more… and they churn less. Why? Because they have everything right there.”

In August, All3Media announced it will make four original drama series for cable platforms owned Liberty, marking the first time Liberty has agreed to a multi-territory deal to create exclusive original programming for its customers.
Old 23-09-2016, 18:01   #2997
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

... clearly, he's obviously never used Netflix on one of his tivo boxes then.
Old 23-09-2016, 23:24   #2998
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
... clearly, he's obviously never used Netflix on one of his tivo boxes then.
Ha ha! Clearly, rather a lot relies on the efficiency of the new box, have a considerable faith of which I have in this little bit of new technology!
Old 24-09-2016, 20:11   #2999
buckeye
cf.addict

Why pay VM a considerable sum to rent a new box when there are cheap as chips devices you can own to play Netflix and Amazon content as well as other content with a smooth and slick interface?
Old 25-09-2016, 10:00   #3000
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
Why pay VM a considerable sum to rent a new box when there are cheap as chips devices you can own to play Netflix and Amazon content as well as other content with a smooth and slick interface?
Because it's handy to have everything in one box.
Closed Thread