Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Belkin DSL Cable router

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Belkin DSL Cable router

Old 29-12-2005, 22:12   #1
thunderbird805
Inactive

thunderbird805 is an unknown quantity at this point
Belkin DSL Cable router

Hi all,
I have big trouble with setting up a wireless network in my house.Existing cable via TW worked well. now with Belkin router DSL / Cable. following all the set up instructions the network card is detected, router found, but when its is trying to find the internet it fails after 10 attempts. al things have been powerd down and restarted many times now....PCWorld phone helps said that the modem a WEB STAR 100/200 is a router so plugging one router to another is the problem. is this so ? TW say all is compatable ??? all cables are straight ones. now when reverting to the old usb set up now now internet at all?? any help would be great ... as the phone support has me pulling my hair out as they all point the finger at each other..
thunderbird805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-12-2005, 22:45   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Belkin DSL Cable router

to Cable Forum

Can you post the model of your Belkin Router? I'm concerned to ensure it is not a version that has an inbuilt ADSL modem, as those will not work with cable.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2005, 09:31   #3
thunderbird805
Inactive

Model number is F5D7230-4 Belkin 802.11g
Old 30-12-2005, 09:37   #4
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

have a looksie here:

http://www.belkin.com/uk/support/tech/issues_more.asp
all advice regarding the routers given
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2005, 16:55   #5
thunderbird805
Inactive

the problem was the Webstar modem. the Data led did not flash. The TW helpdesk said that they do not do house calls so a phone call was meant to happen today. To my surprise an engineer was on the doorstep at the allotted phone call time, and in two tick he found the old modem to have passed to the afterlife , a new motorola modem was fitted in seconds and all things plugged up, switched on and router found the net in seconds and now all up and running... so the modem that worked ok with usb did not work at all in ethernet at all. Both help desks TW and PCWorld just pointed the finger at each other and my PC. so thanks to all