Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 23-11-2013, 19:22   #1456
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Yes me and sometimes the sound doesnt come on for a few secs afterwards
Glad i am not the only person with this issue so hopefully it will be fixed with an update.
Old 23-11-2013, 19:26   #1457
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
If you press start on the last thing you ran which is in the big tile then you can quit it fully. Do that then just play it again.
Thanks ill try that

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Glad i am not the only person with this issue so hopefully it will be fixed with an update.
I hope so. Once that is fixed and of course it being able to DD via passthrough it will be awesome
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2013, 19:32   #1458
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Thanks ill try that

I hope so. Once that is fixed and of course it being able to DD via passthrough it will be awesome
It just happened again and this time it put up a message saying it had lost my TV signal for a split second.

They also need to sort out the ability to be able to play my movies off a network drive before i am happy and do it quickly.
Old 23-11-2013, 19:38   #1459
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
It just happened again and this time it put up a message saying it had lost my TV signal for a split second.

They also need to sort out the ability to be able to play my movies off a network drive before i am happy and do it quickly.
Does your network drive have its own media server of some sort?

If so, then try this:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35...-post1423.html

It's not ideal, and tbh I think it *really* sucks that the X1 has worse media capabilities than the 360, but it's better than nothing.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2013, 19:41   #1460
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I am not sure it is a WD My book world network drive and all i do is put the movies on it and the 360 would see it.

I dont want to have a computer on every time i want to watch a movie.
Old 23-11-2013, 19:47   #1461
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I am not sure it is a WD My book world network drive and all i do is put the movies on it and the 360 would soo it.

I dont want to have a computer on every time i want to watch a movie.
It must have some sort of server then if the 360 could see it.

Give it a try... Stick the Skifta app on your phone, and see if it can see the network drive as a source. You wouldn't need the PC turned on.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2013, 19:47   #1462
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Does your network drive have its own media server of some sort?

If so, then try this:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35...-post1423.html

It's not ideal, and tbh I think it *really* sucks that the X1 has worse media capabilities than the 360, but it's better than nothing.
the more I read the happier I am to have convinced myself I do not want this
Old 23-11-2013, 19:51   #1463
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
It must have some sort of server then if the 360 could see it.

Give it a try... Stick the Skifta app on your phone, and see if it can see the network drive as a source. You wouldn't need the PC turned on.
Thanks i will give it a try sometime next week.

Come on Microsoft update the firmware and give us everything we should of had in the first place!
Old 23-11-2013, 20:06   #1464
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

Come on Microsoft update the firmware and give us everything we should of had in the first place!

Thankyou for beta testing the Xbox One

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2013, 21:58   #1465
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
Thankyou for beta testing the Xbox One
lol

---------- Post added at 20:47 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

Watching Doctor Who here and the picture is freezing an aweful lot!

---------- Post added at 21:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:47 ----------

I thought all games had to have a game demo but i cant find any?
Old 24-11-2013, 10:20   #1466
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

For anyone playing CoD:Ghosts do you feel the impluse triggers working? I ask this as im sure im feeling more vibration that remember with older versions of CoD's. It has been a while since i played CoD thou

Also i have 3 red lights on Kinect and they are virtually always there, with out without the living room lights on.
Old 24-11-2013, 11:54   #1467
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
For anyone playing CoD:Ghosts do you feel the impluse triggers working? I ask this as im sure im feeling more vibration that remember with older versions of CoD's. It has been a while since i played CoD thou

Also i have 3 red lights on Kinect and they are virtually always there, with out without the living room lights on.
I have 3 extremely faint red lights too.

---------- Post added at 11:54 ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 ----------

The split second pauses while watching TV through the X1 are really annoying me now!
Old 24-11-2013, 12:00   #1468
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

That only happened to me once when I was watching Dr Who last night. It was fine even when I was playing Forza and had the TV snapped so that I knew when Dr Who started.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 12:10   #1469
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

It happened loads of times with Doctor Who last night for me, it never happens when i just game, so it is a TV signal issue, glad there is atleast 3 people other than myself experiencing this issue though, so it may get fixed eventually unless it is a hardware issue.
Old 24-11-2013, 13:01   #1470
nstokes
Inactive

Ok so i have moved my Kinect to a new place and it is working so much better than it was on Friday and yesterday morning. When i set it up my HTK centre speaker was below the TV so it was sitting on the top TV shelf and the Kinect was above the TV sat on top of the TV. Now i have put the speaker above the TV and the Kinect to the top TV shelf right at the front and works about 90% of the time. I didnt want it there as i dont want it near the front of the shelf. I cant have it at the back because the Kinect wont see the living room floor