Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 23-11-2013, 09:09   #1426
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age
Re: The Xbox One Thread

I'm also loving the xbox one , i think for a launch microsoft did extremely well. The new pad is extremely responsive and comfortable and imo better than the 360 pad which can only be a good thing. I've tended to avoid the BF games but am really enjoying it , one issue though i have been booted to the dashboard a few times on multiplayer , annoying but its so damn quick to restart the game it didn't get me too annoyed. Kinect seems very responsive but still does miss the odd command , "xbox record that" works very well especially when one of your mates is on the opposite side and you walk up behind and stab him . I was really worried that i wouldn't be able to use my astro headset for chat seeing as the cable has changed but the kinect microphone is very good , just as good as wearing a boom mic imo but will still buy the adapter when it is released (only problem being when your wife walks in the room and tells you to get off your ....... xbox you've been on it all day)
Old 23-11-2013, 09:11   #1427
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Ok so just got up and Xbox One did download over night but it seems to change the queue order. I had set reset of Fifa 14, Forza 5 Kinect Sports Rivals and CoD:Chosts to download in that order. When i got up it has done Fifa and Kinect Sports Rivals and then after that has paused Forza and start Ghosts. Forza hasnt fone anymore since last night. Even thou it was downloading when i turned it off. I cant understand why it changes the order, it did this yesterday durning the day as well
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2013, 09:30   #1428
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Just ordered capture card no.4 for Xbox One. just need a 4th monitor now and probably a bigger desk.

Next-Gen cost so far @ £2940. It's a good job I'm running 80 hour work weeks! Pretty much blown my entire month's worth though. I had a capture card ready but it's in use with PS3... which for whatever reason doesn't believe HDMI capture should be an option... Sony eh. I hope that won't be a problem on PS4.

For anyone interested in game capturing and whatnot I use http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blackmagic-D...c+capture+card

and http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elgato-Captu...c+capture+card

Top for PC and 3 Elgato's for consoles. You can then stream using OBS or Xsplit which both have plugin support.

---------- Post added at 09:30 ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 ----------

Do you have the ability to upload to youtube using the inbuilt recording? If anyone can or has, please drop a link. I'm looking for output quality over length to compare to capture hardware and software. I believe the Xbox One recording is actually a Beta and over the next year can be updated to stream indefinitely and record for as much as your HDD can hold at a solid 720p+ quality. Then you'd either have the option to upload directly to Youtube or move them to your PC to edit via USB drive.

(I know the recordings are limited times)
Old 23-11-2013, 09:39   #1429
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Xbox is still recording game clips while playing Fifa even thou i havnt said the magical words
Old 23-11-2013, 09:41   #1430
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

I won't get a chance to look into this stuff till Monday, assuming I'm off work then. Is it possible the Xbox records all footage then deletes after a while incase you want to go back.
Old 23-11-2013, 10:33   #1431
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
I won't get a chance to look into this stuff till Monday, assuming I'm off work then. Is it possible the Xbox records all footage then deletes after a while incase you want to go back.
It seems strange as its just random. Nothing happning in any of the recordings.

Just had a go on Fifa as started a carear and when i start to play the first friendly there is no ball. It plays as if there is but no ball on the pitch, a ghost ball if you wish

---------- Post added at 10:33 ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 ----------

Ive fized it, i went to another game and then back to Fifa and worked fine
Old 23-11-2013, 10:39   #1432
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Posting this from my Xbox One
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2013, 11:26   #1433
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Just ordered capture card no.4 for Xbox One. just need a 4th monitor now and probably a bigger desk.

Next-Gen cost so far @ £2940. It's a good job I'm running 80 hour work weeks! Pretty much blown my entire month's worth though. I had a capture card ready but it's in use with PS3... which for whatever reason doesn't believe HDMI capture should be an option... Sony eh. I hope that won't be a problem on PS4.

For anyone interested in game capturing and whatnot I use http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blackmagic-D...c+capture+card

and http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elgato-Captu...c+capture+card

Top for PC and 3 Elgato's for consoles. You can then stream using OBS or Xsplit which both have plugin support.

---------- Post added at 09:30 ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 ----------

Do you have the ability to upload to youtube using the inbuilt recording? If anyone can or has, please drop a link. I'm looking for output quality over length to compare to capture hardware and software. I believe the Xbox One recording is actually a Beta and over the next year can be updated to stream indefinitely and record for as much as your HDD can hold at a solid 720p+ quality. Then you'd either have the option to upload directly to Youtube or move them to your PC to edit via USB drive.

(I know the recordings are limited times)
There isn't an option to upload to youtube YET , I've uploaded to skydrive and then shared through Facebook , not sure whether you could upload to youtube from skydrive as a workaround ?

---------- Post added at 11:26 ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 ----------

Not sure whether it will work on here , was playing with a mate who rages quite a bit , unfortunately you can't hear the reaction lol
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...=folder%2c.mp4
Old 23-11-2013, 12:34   #1434
nstokes
Inactive

Im guessing from what i can see on the front of my AMP that the Xbox decodes Blu Ray films and games and then sends to the audio to the AMP instead of the AMP decording it. This is the same as the PS3 Phat. Do its bitstreaming it IIRC
Old 23-11-2013, 13:28   #1435
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Im guessing from what i can see on the front of my AMP that the Xbox decodes Blu Ray films and games and then sends to the audio to the AMP instead of the AMP decording it. This is the same as the PS3 Phat. Do its bitstreaming it IIRC
Yeah, I think so. IIRC, the HDMI audio options are:

Uncompressed stereo, uncompressed 5.1, uncompressed 7.1, DTS

Dolby should get added to that (and to optical) with an update.

I would assume (or hope!) it can decode DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD bitstreams from the Blu-ray and then output them as uncompressed Linear PCM.

The DTS option does suggest that it can at least output a DTS bitstream too. Again, hopefully it can handle HD audio.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2013, 13:42   #1436
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

When i walked back into my living room last night a message popped up on the Screen.......Hi Nigel! lol ......kinda spooky.
Old 23-11-2013, 14:38   #1437
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Yeah, I think so. IIRC, the HDMI audio options are:

Uncompressed stereo, uncompressed 5.1, uncompressed 7.1, DTS

Dolby should get added to that (and to optical) with an update.

I would assume (or hope!) it can decode DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD bitstreams from the Blu-ray and then output them as uncompressed Linear PCM.

The DTS option does suggest that it can at least output a DTS bitstream too. Again, hopefully it can handle HD audio.
I have put in a Blu Ray film and when you bring up info on the Xbox to shows resolution, audio details, bit rate, etc, it shows the film was using DTS-HD codec. When i changed the audio in the film settings in then changed to DTS so from that i assume it is decoding it but the AMP still shows as LPCM which it did this with my old PS3 Phat as the PS£ did the decoding and then sent it to them AMP instead of sending the codec to the AMP for the AMP to decode. Means i dont get to see the pretty lights on the AMP that says DTS-HD, DTS-MA etc

---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:07 ----------

Just watched this video and it made my Xbox jump to everything apart from DR3 and BF4 of course as i dont own them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOf4fOpFUrI

Kinect is powerfull
Old 23-11-2013, 15:54   #1438
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Can we launch individual games using voice?
Old 23-11-2013, 15:58   #1439
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Yes but you have to say the full title , works a treat
Old 23-11-2013, 16:09   #1440
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Yes

PS. Snoopz you drivatar is a cheating so and so. Coner cutting all the time and even worse corner cuts the last corner which ends up passing me, gggrrrrrrr