Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 22-11-2013, 18:38   #1396
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: The Xbox One Thread

My mate says Kinect learns you and your voice as well. Is this correct? If so then it might start actaully doing what i want it do do
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-11-2013, 18:40   #1397
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Fingers crossed it works!

--------

Xbox One owners of CF, if you want to befriend more UK Xbox owners, then join Craig and myself over at BXB:

http://www3.britxbox.co.uk/forums/

It's a great community, and has been going since the original XBL Beta / Test Drive.
i'll join matt just ain't got xbox one yet should have it before xmas with any luck
Harryn9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 18:41   #1398
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Where is your connect located? Maybe try calibrating it again.
I have had it below the TV so its on the top shelf, i have had it on top of TV. I have done the Kinect setup 3 times. Its on top of TV at moment as well. I think im getting about a 50% hit rate
Old 22-11-2013, 18:45   #1399
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

OK i have a problem i am guessing it won't be just me can others please test.

I have confirmed that while watching TV through the Xbox One if the camera pans to the left or right then the picture judders on my TV, if i go direct to my TV then there is no judder, tested this watching the intro of Marvels of Steel where it is a car wrecking yard and it pans across the screen, super smooth connected direct but judders alot more going through the Xbox!

So it looks like the Xbox processing is likely the issue!!! Not happy at all.
Old 22-11-2013, 18:52   #1400
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:

I have confirmed that while watching TV through the Xbox One if the camera pans to the left or right then the picture judders on my TV, if i go direct to my TV then there is no judder, tested this watching the intro of Marvels of Steel where it is a car wrecking yard and it pans across the screen, super smooth connected direct but judders alot more going through the Xbox!

I havnt seen this but as i said in previous posts i have had a few issues. Sometimes takes the audio a while to come on when ethier switching or snapping TV. Sometimes it hangs for a few secs as well. I think its a software issue (i hope)
Old 22-11-2013, 19:01   #1401
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

I'm totally jealous of you all that have got one today, but I will have to say I'm slightly underwhelmed so far from everything I've heard so far. I know it's early days but I'm looking more forward to the PS4 launch. But I will be waiting till after Christmas to see how things go.

That said if there was a new PGR as a launch title I'd probably be playing it right now. But I've done Forza to death and find them way too easy to complete. At the mo there isn't anything out that stands out for me yet on the X1.

I also don't think I'd make use of all the multimedia side of the X1 which just might swing it for the PS4 if I had to choose right now.

I hope everyone is enjoying it though.
Old 22-11-2013, 19:43   #1402
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
I havnt seen this but as i said in previous posts i have had a few issues. Sometimes takes the audio a while to come on when ethier switching or snapping TV. Sometimes it hangs for a few secs as well. I think its a software issue (i hope)
I have sorted the problem now, i found if i turned 'Film mode Auto 1' OFF to either Film Mode Auto 2 or OFF in the TV settings that fixed it, so panic over!!!
Old 22-11-2013, 19:44   #1403
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

All set up and updated. Currently downloading Forza.

Tested the optical drive - works fine.

The console is very quiet, although I do hear a slight hum type noise. Still quieter than my 360 or my PS3.

I want to be able to arrange the Pins, though. It's a bit lame only being able to "send to front".

Also, how do you see who is Following you and not a full Friend?

The list of Followers includes *all* Followers - full Friends plus those who you don't Follow back.

I have no idea who is currently just a one-way Follow...

Quote:

I'll have to watch and test... If it does that to me too I'll be plugging my Sky+HD box directly.

(then again, I may have to do that too if Mrs D is not keen on having the Xbox on just to watch TV )
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 20:05   #1404
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I haven't really got into all the fine details yet i will look into it more over the weekend.

Btw i sat the kinect on the shelf that the TV sits on and it looks and works fine there.

---------- Post added at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

Still annoyed about Battlefield though.
Old 22-11-2013, 20:11   #1405
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Ok stupid question, how do I access the EASFC Catalouge in FIFA 14? When I click RS it just brings up a menu (a friends list type thing)
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 20:12   #1406
nstokes
Inactive

A bit off topic but as we know Forza is 1080p and 60FPS,i press info on my TV remote and it shows 1080p and 60Hz but how do i know if its showing it at 1080p?
Old 22-11-2013, 20:14   #1407
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
A bit off topic but as we know Forza is 1080p and 60FPS,i press info on my TV remote and it shows 1080p and 60Hz but how do i know if its showing it at 1080p?
That is how you know.
Old 22-11-2013, 20:23   #1408
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Oh and just the usual quite noise that a Blu ray drive should make

Oh and for anyone wondering, here's how to manage your download queue: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JttVAoO...%3DJttVAoO2hdQ
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 20:24   #1409
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I gave in and got one.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 20:26   #1410
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I gave in and got one.
Did you manage to walk into a shop and buy it?