Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 15-05-2012, 14:48   #1366
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

WHAT!!!!!!!
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-05-2012, 15:11   #1367
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

My graph, 100meg, :uddingston

Attachment 23476
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2012, 17:43   #1368
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Just saw this one over on TBB....

Luckily VM are well on top of the problem - the blokes been told to clear his internet history regularly and all will be well. See - we didn't need Liverpool support after all.
Attached Images
File Type: png 820cddac655e194acff0ba19cf1b32f4-15-05-2012.png (202.5 KB, 25 views)
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2012, 18:08   #1369
boroboi
cf.geek

Services: TT Fibre Large 78mbit
boroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks View Post
Just saw this one over on TBB....

Luckily VM are well on top of the problem - the blokes been told to clear his internet history regularly and all will be well. See - we didn't need Liverpool support after all.
boroboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2012, 18:39   #1370
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of

First red outage was when the Virgin engineers were decimating the green boxes at the end of the road, second one was the switch from 4 -> 6 downstreams. Quite an obvious difference in jitter, will be interesting to see how that changes when they bond the upstream as well.
MaverickJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2012, 20:25   #1371
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
2 months time the 120mb upgrades start! should imagine theres far worse to come
Yeah, well we'll have to wait till next January's results to see the effect of those.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2012, 10:16   #1372
boroboi
cf.geek

Services: TT Fibre Large 78mbit
boroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quads

I wonder if they've began upgrade work in my area?

I've never once seen the ping spikes as low as 40ms on a constant basis like this at any time during the day, granted its in the middle of the night, but i suppose wishful thinking might mean that they have upgraded something

The other day i did swap myself over from CPC11 to CPC2 and latency was noticeably better, im hoping its just a coincidence that last night i've seen the most stable latency i've ever seen for nigh on two years.

BTW this is mostly an idle connection with only browsing taking place during the frame, no downloading of any kind.
boroboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2012, 21:12   #1373
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

Someone please assure me that this is not overutilisation:

And in return I will swear quietly under my breath.
Old 16-05-2012, 22:46   #1374
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Best day I've seen in months. Not sure what the short outage was around 8:30am - nothing in the modem log.

Maybe they've actually started to fix it up but as it's only been dross for 6 months or so that seems a bit too quick - maybe the DDoS on TPB?
Old 16-05-2012, 22:54   #1375
jaf1968
Inactive

jaf1968 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just gone onto 60mb with the shub. Tried setting up a broadband monitor but I'm getting 100% dropped packets.
The 'Respond to Ping on WAN Port' is ticked on the DMZ Host page on the shub.

Any ideas why it's not working?

cheers

J
jaf1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2012, 00:33   #1376
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold

I only got it this good after a shed load of complaints and threats of OfCom / CEO office. Before it was unusable in the evenings and constantly disconnected.

Using SHUB in 144mbps mode, otherwise it will constantly reboot and crash. Get max 75mbps depending on time of day via wireless with laptop in the same room.

Risco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2012, 00:59   #1377
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Was all peachy till BT cocked up some maintenance work and caused a half hour outage. Still, could be worse...
Old 17-05-2012, 01:08   #1378
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]Gee thanks qas, I feel so much better now
Old 17-05-2012, 03:10   #1379
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Even VM aint that bad in the Burgh right now, now that they've fixed the core:
Old 17-05-2012, 09:49   #1380
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaf1968 View Post
Just gone onto 60mb with the shub. Tried setting up a broadband monitor but I'm getting 100% dropped packets.
The 'Respond to Ping on WAN Port' is ticked on the DMZ Host page on the shub.

Any ideas why it's not working?

cheers

J
I've seen reports that it won't work if you are using port forwarding.