Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Doctor Who General Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Doctor Who General Discussion
Closed Thread

Old 23-09-2012, 08:39   #121
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Doctor Who : Season 7

A good episode i thought ,nice to see UNIT back in the story with a direct link to the old brigadier

Advertisement
Old 23-09-2012, 10:18   #122
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Agreed, marty.

I'm certainly enjoying this season better than the previous two. In fact, it's been mentioned elsewhere that this ep was very RTD-like. So perhaps that's why
Old 24-09-2012, 22:26   #123
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Did anyone notice that the words "Doctor Who" in the opening titles was made of little black cubes?
Old 24-09-2012, 22:44   #124
watzizname
Inactive

Services: XL 60/3
watzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to all

I could be wrong, but i believe that each episode of series 7 has used a different font for the main title during the opening sequence?
Old 24-09-2012, 22:49   #125
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Certainly the first five will have. Not sure about the others.
Old 25-09-2012, 13:54   #126
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

I was a little disappointed by Episode 3. 4 was excellent though. With regards to the differing fonts for the title sequences, I need to check. I'm usually cooking when it's on. I still have them on Tivo. @carl, have you seen a trailer for episode 5?

Old 25-09-2012, 14:14   #127
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jempalmer View Post
@carl, have you seen a trailer for episode 5?
No. Well, only the one on the show's site. (But I read DS a lot ) Why?
Old 25-09-2012, 14:23   #128
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

Thanks Carl, I'll look at the link. I was curious

Old 25-09-2012, 15:21   #129
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

There's (usually) a preview of the next ep right at the end of the current one; before the end credits usually.
Old 25-09-2012, 15:35   #130
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

So how will Rory and Amy leave? I can't help but think the most obvious route:

Spoiler: 
Angels end up sending back in time to the same place. Dr Who rules mean he can't just go and get them due to just-invented-space-time-rules
Old 30-09-2012, 04:42   #131
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
So how will Rory and Amy leave? I can't help but think the most obvious route:

Spoiler: 
Angels end up sending back in time to the same place. Dr Who rules mean he can't just go and get them due to just-invented-space-time-rules
Yeah it was kind of obvious what was going to happen but to trick us into thinking they'd escaped it was brilliant. Very good episode.

I can see them making a one off appearance maybe in that 50th.
Old 30-09-2012, 18:04   #132
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

The bar stewards, actually gave me a bit of a teary eye
Old 30-09-2012, 21:48   #133
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

I just watched it and without a doubt it was THE BEST EPISODE EVER

Old 01-10-2012, 01:02   #134
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era
Wonder what's going on with new assistant.

The person we saw in episode 1 is linked to the person who will be introduced in the Christmas special.

Dunno how yet.but the surname gives it away.

Christmas introduces the assistant as, Clara Oswald...episode 1 the person who got converted into a dalek was Oswin Oswald.

So there's a possibility and likelihood they are same person in some timey whimey timeline lol.. And we may even find that the reason for her name being Oswin was part of her trying to ignore the truth that she was now a dalek.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:12   #135
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Could be the same person, and the Doctor encounters her earlier on in her timeline or somehow stops her getting converted.

Or it could just be that the characters are related, but played by the same actress. That has been done twice before:

Freema Agyeman first played Adeola Oshodi in "Army of Ghosts", before later playing Adeola's cousin Martha Jones.

Eve Myles first played Gwyneth in "The Unquiet Dead", before later playing Gwen Cooper in Torchwood. Although not officially related, they of course looked identical, which Davies claimed was due to "spatial genetic multiplicity" caused by the Rift.
Closed Thread