Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

Old 26-09-2012, 11:40   #1246
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
News from Sky today

2TB Sky+HD box
Zeebox update for Sky+ app has arrived
Catchup TV

http://corporate.sky.com/investors/p.../2012/sky_plus
The 2TB Sky+HB Box sounds good. I want one. No date on when this will be realsed thou
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-09-2012, 20:32   #1247
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I believe they have said they will look to expand it to Android at some point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Thats good then, hope its soon
I doubt that it will be, though.

At the moment it is only the iPad app that has the planner features, the iPhone one just has the guide plus remote record.

As it would seem that Sky is currently concentrating on tablets, then it makes some sense that it has not brought the features to Android yet.

Android may rule the smartphone market, but the iPad is still king when it comes to tablets. It sells more than all other tablets combined, and its share is actually increasing.

Fragmentation is also a far bigger problem with Android than iOS, due to a wide variety of hardware specs to cater for and a wide variety of OS versions to cater for. What specs should the app work be tested on? What OS version? Go for the old yet still popular Gingerbread (57.5%)? Honeycomb, the first Android tablet OS (2.1%)? Ice Cream Sandwich, the first version to bring together phone and tablet (20.9%)? Or Jelly Bean, the latest version (1.2%)? (Android version distribution: http://developer.android.com/about/d...rds/index.html ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
The 2TB Sky+HB Box sounds good. I want one. No date on when this will be realsed thou
http://www.sky.com/shop/customer-shop/box-upgrade/

Under "Sky boxes and set-up" > "Sky+HD 1TB box":

Quote:
1TB box available until 27 September 2012.
So I guess the 2TB will be out this week!
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 15:41   #1248
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
http://www.sky.com/shop/customer-shop/box-upgrade/

Under "Sky boxes and set-up" > "Sky+HD 1TB box":

So I guess the 2TB will be out this week!
It will be priced the same as the 1TB box as well from what i have read
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 15:42   #1249
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

E! HD coming to Sky.

Digital Spy forums is reporting that E! HD is now testing on Sky.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...91&postcount=3
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 15:47   #1250
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
E! HD coming to Sky.

Digital Spy forums is reporting that E! HD is now testing on Sky.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...91&postcount=3
And we shall probably get it when a man lands on the moon.
Old 30-09-2012, 20:42   #1251
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
There seems to be more channels with HD versions than not now.
Sky currently has 63 HD channels , it also has 2 SBO HD channels , Film 4 HD and More4 HD already announced with someone on DS saying they've seen E! HD testing.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:20   #1252
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Sky1 +1 to launch in November.

BSkyB are to launch Sky1 +1 in November on Sky.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...6&postcount=49
Overnights.tv is now saying that Sky1 +1 will launch on November 12th.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 18:26   #1253
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

haven't noticed before but the sky channel listings have changed ,all the sky HD channels have been promoted and the sd ones relegated so now i will have to try to remember where they are again ,

and when did we get sky 2?
Old 04-10-2012, 19:59   #1254
Jameseh

Old 04-10-2012, 20:30   #1255
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
seriously ,i knew it used to be there but thought it had been taken off a good few years back
Old 07-10-2012, 09:46   #1256
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Haven't been around these parts for a while so I'm feeling a little out of the loop!

The 2TB box has just been launched, what is the price for existing customers?

Do we know anymore about the shared planner functionality - release dates, UI screenshots or videos of it in action?

I know the iPad app has been updated - does this include planner management & Zeebox integration?

Sorry for all the questions but I've got a lot of news to catch up on!
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:18   #1257
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Haven't been around these parts for a while so I'm feeling a little out of the loop!

The 2TB box has just been launched, what is the price for existing customers?

Do we know anymore about the shared planner functionality - release dates, UI screenshots or videos of it in action?

I know the iPad app has been updated - does this include planner management & Zeebox integration?

Sorry for all the questions but I've got a lot of news to catch up on!
The 2TB box is actually a 1.5TB (personal space) 500gb On Demand it allows 350hrs HD recording time , I believe the price to existing customers is £149 however many have reported on the forums getting deals.

The new iPad app includes planner management including clash management plus Zeebox integration and will be available very soon on the iPhone

Shared planner , no news yet however many on the forums have said its due to start testing later on this year.

I take it you have catchup on your box now ?
Old 07-10-2012, 10:44   #1258
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
The 2TB box is actually a 1.5TB (personal space) 500gb On Demand it allows 350hrs HD recording time , I believe the price to existing customers is £149 however many have reported on the forums getting deals.

The new iPad app includes planner management including clash management plus Zeebox integration and will be available very soon on the iPhone

Shared planner , no news yet however many on the forums have said its due to start testing later on this year.

I take it you have catchup on your box now ?
Thanks MM, I've missed your Sky knowledge!

What kind of deals are we talking about for the new box? I'd like to get one for when the shared planner arrives so I can still access all the content from my current 1TB & 500GB boxes. This would also give me a tasty 3TB of recording space!

Having access to the planner whilst out about about on the iPhone would be ideal, how does the clash management UI work? Do you have any links to videos or pictures?

Yeah, I've had catch up TV and undelete on my box for some time now, a very welcome addition.
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:53   #1259
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

I know it's been said before, but it'd be nice for us Android users to get some attention.
Jon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:59   #1260
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon T View Post
I know it's been said before, but it'd be nice for us Android users to get some attention.
It will happen , iPhone is due soon according to a note in the iTunes Store and then I believe Android will be looked into.