Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Snow !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Snow !

Old 04-03-2009, 16:57   #1201
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: [Merged] Snow!

We had a fairly intense hailstorm for about 10 minutes around 4pm, which alternated between ice balls and those snow pellets that look like the insides of a beanbag. Now it's turned to very heavy snow - one hour on and we have about an inch already.

Even so, it's not really very cold outside so I don't imagine it will lie for very long once it stops ... unless the skies clear and it freezes, which is what happened last night. I had to hack frozen snow off the windscreen this morning.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2009, 17:07   #1202
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I know this is the snow thread but I do feel the need to say it has been a lovely sunny, dry and out of the breeze quite warm day up here in Manchester.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:57   #1203
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Well, it snowed last night until about 8pm, then the skies cleared and it froze solid. Then it clouded over and snowed again. So as you can imagine we're pretty stuck here this morning ...

I was actually going to give it a go anyway and was out clearing the car (hacking away at the hailstones, still clinging to the windscreen under the snow) when the school phoned. There has been an accident that blocked the road. As it's the only road, that means we really are stuck!

Apparently the snow line is only about half a mile from here. We're a fair way uphill but the road drops steeply almost to sea level. Beyond that there's next to nothing - school was having a hard time believing anyone up this end really was snowed in until they got a phone call from the bus driver.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:07   #1204
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Snowing Heavy here just south of Glasgow City Centre.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:04   #1205
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Another day off school for the boy ...

Old 18-06-2009, 21:35   #1206
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star

There's an incredible storm here at the moment - and, yes, there is hail in it!
altis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2009, 21:39   #1207
joglynne
Born again teenager.

joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Ah that's what it was. I just caught sight a flash of light out of the corner of my eye and thought I was imagining things. Considering the black clouds coming from your direction it looks like the storms on it's way over to me.

Oh boy!!!!!! the whole sky out side my window just keeps lighting up, no actual spikes of lightning just the whole sky flashing white and the clouds are racing towards me like the clappers. This is interesting.......she says from behind the settee.
Old 18-06-2009, 22:00   #1208
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

ooh hail i thought you ment snow, it might pass over st helens
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2009, 22:06   #1209
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Well that was spectacular. The wind, really got up as the lightning went over head but we have only had a light shower and no snow or hail.

The black clouds are heading over to Chorlton-***-Hardy now so I guess they will be next to get the light show.

I triggered the swear filter.
Old 19-06-2009, 13:36   #1210
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Just a follow up to last nights lightning attack.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....k_by_lightning
Old 19-06-2009, 17:57   #1211
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star

Her house looks a bit of a mess now:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8109696.stm
altis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 16:29   #1212
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Not our first of the year, but the first that stayed long enough for me to get my camera out:

Same as last year, this is Beinn Narnain. We first saw snow on top of it about 10 days ago but that was gone in about 8 hours. I have no idea whether it has lasted longer than that today as the clouds have descended.

It was difficult to capture this picture it as the sky behind the mountain was very bright. This has been photoshopped to death, hopefully you get the idea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ben-Narnain-2009.jpg (148.3 KB, 196 views)
Old 18-11-2009, 17:37   #1213
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Not our first of the year, but the first that stayed long enough for me to get my camera out:

Same as last year, this is Beinn Narnain. We first saw snow on top of it about 10 days ago but that was gone in about 8 hours. I have no idea whether it has lasted longer than that today as the clouds have descended.

It was difficult to capture this picture it as the sky behind the mountain was very bright. This has been photoshopped to death, hopefully you get the idea.
" Still a great view though!" Cheers.
budwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 08:32   #1214
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Been snowing here on and off for a good 2 weeks now. Went out at 1am just to make crazy footprint trails in the snow... Should have amused some people at least
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 15:36   #1215
joglynne
Born again teenager.

I thought now would be a good time to bump this snow thread.

I hope you guys in the East of the country don't get it to bad and that the gritters keep you all moving.