Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Formula 1 2010 Season [may contain real time spoilers]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Formula 1 2010 Season [may contain real time spoilers]

Old 25-11-2009, 10:28   #106
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050
Re: Formula 1 2010 Season [may contain real time spoilers]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgie View Post
Unsubstantiated Rumour Alert ; Regarding the Williams equity sale, an article on the James Allen blog suggests that Audi might be behind the illustrious Mr Wolff in some form or other and in few years or so we might see a return to the distant past of F1 with "Silver Arrows" of Brawn Mercedes and the "Auto Unions" of Williams Audi.

A good story in a quiet period or a genuine move to get a VW brand on the grid ? Any thoughts?
I think if this is true, it could potentially make Williams a "seriously" competing team. Next season, is going to so exciting. I can't wait!
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-11-2009, 10:30   #107
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

can't see much in the VW \ Audi link. They have openly been asked to enter F1 several times and have always declined to enter. They are happy with the Le Mans programme as that highlights the diesel engine plus the DTM and F3 programmes they have too.
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 10:45   #108
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Silverstone is getting closer to a long term deal if these articles are anything to go by.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8374911.stm

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...24092129.shtml
Gillett still wont give up on Donnington !

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80330

I don't know if he really thinks it can work or is trying, for some reason, to undermine Silverstone.

I would love to have the British GP rotate between Brands, Donnigton and Silverstone. I have been lucky enough to see F1 at all three circuits and they all have their merits. Trouble is the massive demands Bernie makes in terms of facilities and infrastructure makes it REALLY difficult for one circuit to carry the cost and remain a viable business, let alone three with fewer races to recoup their investment. Its not going to happen is it....
hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 11:02   #109
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

A solution to this could be the "motor-home" approach. With a touring hospitality centre that can be dismantled and re-erected at each venue.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 11:09   #110
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

Quote:
Gillett still wont give up on Donnington !

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80330

I don't know if he really thinks it can work or is trying, for some reason, to undermine Silverstone.

I would love to have the British GP rotate between Brands, Donnigton and Silverstone. I have been lucky enough to see F1 at all three circuits and they all have their merits. Trouble is the massive demands Bernie makes in terms of facilities and infrastructure makes it REALLY difficult for one circuit to carry the cost and remain a viable business, let alone three with fewer races to recoup their investment. Its not going to happen is it....
I wish they would just go away and let Silverstone take the deal to give us a British GP.
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 13:16   #111
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I would love to have the British GP rotate between Brands, Donnigton and Silverstone.

Brand Hatch cannot do a GP as the pit lane is far to small, and there is no way you could cram all the teams there. (I've driven on it in a single seater).

If Donnington cannot get funds, I doubt that BH will either.

Personally I feel that the posion dwarf dosen't want it a Silverstone as the facilities for the "money men2 aren't up to his demands. So he is using this BS to get rid of the British GP, if there is no British GP next year I doubt I'll bother watching it.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 13:39   #112
hedgie
cf.geek

hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

I must admit I do wonder why F1 teams NEED to take SOOO much stuff with them. I mean in '86 there were 22 starters for the last GP at Brands, and they squeezed everyone into the old Donington pitlane in 93. Why do they need the space now? S
Old 25-11-2009, 13:42   #113
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

Quote:
I must admit I do wonder why F1 teams NEED to take SOOO much stuff with them. I mean in '86 there were 22 starters for the last GP at Brands, and they squeezed everyone into the old Donington pitlane in 93. Why do they need the space now? S
the space is needed for all the hospitality which Bernie charges a fortune for and makes a lot of money out of.

Years ago Bernie fell out with the BRDC who run Silverstone hence he always has a go at them. As Brasil is run by his mate that circuit is falling apart and has even worse facilities but that isn't a problem
Old 26-11-2009, 12:28   #114
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Jaime Alguersuari will race for Toro Rossa next season.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...26103305.shtml
Old 26-11-2009, 13:41   #115
sherer
Inactive

he didn't set the world alight but with no testing I think he did as well as anyone else would have done.

He deserves to have another chance next season
Old 27-11-2009, 09:57   #116
hedgie
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer View Post
can't see much in the VW \ Audi link. They have openly been asked to enter F1 several times and have always declined to enter. They are happy with the Le Mans programme as that highlights the diesel engine plus the DTM and F3 programmes they have too.
H'mm you think do you ? Not sure how buying into Williams would help with engine supply though?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80348

I actually think supplying engines is the best way for manufacturers to support F1.
Old 27-11-2009, 11:24   #117
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

BMW have agreed the sale of it's team back to its original owner Peter Sauber, however this deal is subject to Sauber being granted entry into next year’s championship.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...27115537.shtml
Old 27-11-2009, 12:15   #118
hedgie
cf.geek

Thats good news. I have had a healthy respect for Peter Sauber since his success in the Group C era.

Toyota and FiA need to get their acts together and grant Sauber a grid slot. Campos & Manor seem to have all the right bits in place whilst Lotus and USGP are making all the right noises. I don't think anyone should assume one of the new teams will fail.

They can then sort out an engine and get cracking. Good luck to them.
Old 27-11-2009, 14:37   #119
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Adrian Sutil and Tonio Liuzzi will remain with Force India for 2010 and also the same engine supplier.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...27131551.shtml
Old 27-11-2009, 16:45   #120
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
BMW have agreed the sale of it's team back to its original owner Peter Sauber, however this deal is subject to Sauber being granted entry into next year’s championship.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...27115537.shtml
I must say that it was refreshing to see a team with the name of Sauber actually vying for and achieving second place in the constructors' championship, as they did in 2007 and third place in 2008. But I doubt they ever had the legs to come first. They have, after all only ever won one Grand Prix.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote