Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The UFC thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The UFC thread.

Old 13-07-2009, 16:34   #106
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
Re: The UFC thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
To be honest I've never seen that in UFC. Had the first round been more like the second, the crowd would have preferred it.
Well I guess those ‘fans’ that booed where WWF fans then? It’s normal for the ‘fans’ that don’t understand the ground game and art of BJJ as you to boo.

You get boo boys in every spots events anyway
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-07-2009, 16:37   #107
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I've got no idea if they were wildlife and environmental fans or not but playing the fight back, you can clearly hear them booing when it gets boring. Even in the second round as they ended up on the floor everyone started to chant "stand them up".

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009, 16:43   #108
STONEISLAND
Inactive

STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I've got no idea if they were wildlife and environmental fans or not but playing the fight back, you can clearly hear them booing when it gets boring. Even in the second round as they ended up on the floor everyone started to chant "stand them up".
They where saying that as most where Mir fans and he had the edge when standing.
You should know better coming from a wreserling back ground the ground game, its very technical and can take time getting the fighter into position for a sub.

Most UFC fans hate lesnar
Old 13-07-2009, 16:46   #109
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEISLAND View Post
They where saying that as most where Mir fans and he had the edge when standing.
You should know better coming from a wreserling back ground the ground game, its very technical and can take time getting the fighter into position for a sub.
They were booing because it was boring, they were on the ground for almost half the round doing nothing.

edit: hang on I've only just worked out what you're saying - you're suggesting Mir has the edge when standing?! have you seen the size and strength of Brock Lesnar?!

Quote:
Most UFC fans hate lesnar
And that's the very reason why they'll be more than happy to pay to see his next fight in the hope someone will beat him - it makes perfect business sense.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 13-07-2009, 16:53   #110
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Quote:
They were booing because it was boring, they were on the ground for almost half the round doing nothing.

edit: hang on I've only just worked out what you're saying - you're suggesting Mir has the edge when standing?! have you seen the size and strength of Brock Lesnar?!

And that's the very reason why they'll be more than happy to pay to see his next fight in the hope someone will beat him - it makes perfect business sense.
Absolutely which is why they where booing.

As I say you always get the odd boo in all UFC fights, its people who cannot understand the ground game.
When The UFC came to the O2 there was loads of boos everytime it went to ground. They don’t understand the art of submissions.

Will you now make the effort to watch UFC 101? Very good line up.
Old 13-07-2009, 16:58   #111
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Absolutely which is why they where booing.

As I say you always get the odd boo in all UFC fights, its people who cannot understand the ground game.
When The UFC came to the O2 there was loads of boos everytime it went to ground. They don’t understand the art of submissions.

OK I'll be honest here and say I've got absolutely no idea where you're going with this. For almost half the first round they were both on the floor and not doing anything other than struggling. No submissions, nothing. The crowd got restless and bored then started booing.

When they both went down in the second round the crowd were chanting 'stand them up'. Nothing to do with disliking Lesnar, it was because they didn't want a repeat of the boring part of the 1st round.

If you can't realise that then you must have been watching a different fight.

Quote:
Will you know make the effort to watch UFC 101? Very good line up.
I'll watch Brock's fight if he's on it.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 13-07-2009, 22:00   #112
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

From what I saw of their last UFC match Lesnar very nearly had Mir at his mercy but got a bit sloppy and lost to a submission.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2009, 09:30   #113
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
From what I saw of their last UFC match Lesnar very nearly had Mir at his mercy but got a bit sloppy and lost to a submission.
Your talking about UFC 81? We talking about Brocks win on UFC 100
Old 14-07-2009, 20:29   #114
soicky
Inactive

soicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to all
why ufc wont make it mainstream

After landing a ko punch which puts bisping to the ground henderson goes in for another punch. after the fight he says he knew bisping wasn't getting up but he wanted to "shut him up". acts like this just gives more reason for people to hate not just ufc but also boxing.

the president of the ufc didn't say anything to him except have a laugh with him afterwards.
soicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2009, 20:34   #115
soicky
Inactive

soicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to all

After all the hype about UFC100 is turned out to be site. All 3 main events couldn't have got more boring. I for one wont be watching UFC anymore.
soicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2009, 21:16   #116
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Your talking about UFC 81? We talking about Brocks win on UFC 100
Yes I know that. I was simply making the point that the last time they met prior to this match (ie @ UFC 81* see link below) Lesnar very nearly beat Mir so it wasn't a great surprise to me that he managed it this time. Good and proper by all accounts too.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=7896283049

Quote:
Originally Posted by soicky View Post
After all the hype about UFC100 is turned out to be site. All 3 main events couldn't have got more boring. I for one wont be watching UFC anymore.
Some nights are like that of course but I've seen some terrific UFC contests and if you look on YouTube you'll find a lot of the best bouts.
Old 15-07-2009, 08:53   #117
Osem
Inactive

Re: why ufc wont make it mainstream

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...n-1743007.html

Quote:
....300m people in 76 countries watched.. ..The sport’s rise has turned leading promoter UFC into a multinational company recently estimated by Forbes magazine to be worth $1 billion. It is now seen by many sporting pundits – who give it more space than boxing in some US newspapers – as a threat to the future of traditional pugilism... ...TV audiences alone helped UFC make $200 million last year, and eight of the ten most watched pay-per-view events, in any sport, including boxing, were promoted by UFC...
Seems like a lot of people disagree with you. You seem to view UFC as a combination of being too boring on the one hand and too aggressive and/or uncontrolled on the other. But as you said in you last post on the other UFC thread, you won't be watching it anymore...

Quote:
Old 15-07-2009, 09:00   #118
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soicky View Post
I dont get it UFC 100 was everything I was expecting. I thought it was qualitey.
Old 15-07-2009, 09:11   #119
STONEISLAND
Inactive

I also dissagree, IMO it has made it already.
Old 15-07-2009, 09:37   #120
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
I also dissagree, IMO it has made it already.
Yeah it must be mainstream to warrant 2 threads on CF eh?