Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Ronaldo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] Ronaldo

Old 03-07-2006, 14:38   #106
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
Re: Ronaldo

I think Ronaldo is getting what he deserves. He spoke to the ref for gods sake!! He should count himelf lucky, I can only imagine what might have happened to him if he had stood on someones crouch and then shoved someone.
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2006, 14:47   #107
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

http://www.ihateronaldo.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Ronaldo
England Lost - BUT we don't want a scape goat!
Suuuuurrreee you don't.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 14:56   #108
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Talking about Scapegoats, was there one in 90 or 96?

86 was the hand of god
88 was Robson
92 was Taylor
98 was Beckham
2000 was Phil Neville
2002 was Seaman
2004 was Urs Meier
2006 was Ronaldo
Old 03-07-2006, 15:01   #109
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae

2002 was Seaman
2004 was Urs Meier
2006 was Ronaldo
no wonder sven stayed in his job for so long, it was never his fault!!!

Im suprised the list hasnt included Faria or Ulrika .......
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 15:10   #110
gazzae
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo
no wonder sven stayed in his job for so long, it was never his fault!!!

Im suprised the list hasnt included Faria or Ulrika .......
Well we all know that England love a scapegoat to avoid the real issues. Usually its that rotten cheat Johnny Foreigner but sometimes they turn on their own.

---------- Post added at 15:10 ---------- Previous post was at 15:04 ----------

Quote:
RONALDO - ME AND ROONEY ARE FINE

"Between me and Rooney, there is absolutely no problem.

"I reiterate, no problem.

"At the end of the game, we sent each other some text messages and also today. Between the two of us everything has been cleared.

"He wished me the best of luck in the World Cup. He told me we had a great team and that if we continued to play like this, we would go far.

"He wasn't angry with me and moreover, he told me to completely ignore what the English press has said, that all they wanted was to create confusion but we are already used to that."

http://www.worldcup365.com/story/0,1...314032,00.html
Old 03-07-2006, 15:14   #111
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

I think one of the problems is that Ronaldo does tend to come across as quite cocky anyway, and he seems to have quite a habit of diving all the time. As a result, he's got a reputation (justified or not) as being a cheat.

I've heard / read a rumour (completely unsubstantiated as most rumours are) that even his Man U team-mates are tired of his diving, and have told him to stop doing it, even in training
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 15:21   #112
gazzae
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget
I think one of the problems is that Ronaldo does tend to come across as quite cocky anyway, and he seems to have quite a habit of diving all the time. As a result, he's got a reputation (justified or not) as being a cheat.

I've heard / read a rumour (completely unsubstantiated as most rumours are) that even his Man U team-mates are tired of his diving, and have told him to stop doing it, even in training
But the way people are talking you would think he's the biggest and only cheat in football.

Where are all the threads criticising Henry for trying to con the ref to get another player sent off? Did you see the other Ronaldo's dive on Saturday?

Don't remember many people shouting about cheating when Mickey Owen did it against the Argies.
Old 03-07-2006, 15:22   #113
weirdworldstate
Permanently Banned

weirdworldstate is a glorious beacon of lightweirdworldstate is a glorious beacon of lightweirdworldstate is a glorious beacon of lightweirdworldstate is a glorious beacon of lightweirdworldstate is a glorious beacon of lightweirdworldstate is a glorious beacon of lightweirdworldstate is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Gareth Southgate in '96 for missing the penalty
weirdworldstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 15:24   #114
Legendary_PSR
Inactive

Legendary_PSR is on a distinguished roadLegendary_PSR is on a distinguished road

what about chris waddle in 90?
Legendary_PSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 15:27   #115
weirdworldstate
Permanently Banned

weirdworldstate is a glorious beacon of lightweirdworldstate is a glorious beacon of lightweirdworldstate is a glorious beacon of lightweirdworldstate is a glorious beacon of lightweirdworldstate is a glorious beacon of lightweirdworldstate is a glorious beacon of lightweirdworldstate is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary_PSR
what about chris waddle in 90?
He missed. Stuart Pearce had already had his shot saved before that.

I'm pretty sure it was Pearce took more of the criticism that time.
weirdworldstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 15:30   #116
Nugget
Inactive

Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
But the way people are talking you would think he's the biggest and only cheat in football.
Welcome to the English media

Quote:
Where are all the threads criticising Henry for trying to con the ref to get another player sent off? Did you see the other Ronaldo's dive on Saturday?
I think the thing there is that there was a foul committed, even though Henry did try to con the ref - it was a bookable offence anyway, so the free-kick was justified. I'm not trying to say that Rooney shouldn't have been sent off, because what he did was a red card offence, but a number of the Portuguese (including Ronaldo) probably made more of it than there actually was. Just IMO, of course

Quote:
Don't remember many people shouting about cheating when Mickey Owen did it against the Argies.
That's 'cos we really don't like the Argies

---------- Post added at 15:30 ---------- Previous post was at 15:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdworldstate
He missed. Stuart Pearce had already had his shot saved before that.

I'm pretty sure it was Pearce took more of the criticism that time.
But that's only because we're all still waiting for Waddles shot to land
Old 03-07-2006, 15:35   #117
gazzae
Inactive

Quote:
I think the thing there is that there was a foul committed, even though Henry did try to con the ref - it was a bookable offence anyway, so the free-kick was justified.
Yep it was a foul, but that doesn't excuse Henry clutching his face as if he had been elbowed when Puyol's arm was clearly nowhere near his face.

---------- Post added at 15:35 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

Come on, who here honestly thinks that the ref sent Rooney off because Ronaldo told him to?
Old 03-07-2006, 15:38   #118
Legendary_PSR
Inactive

Legendary_PSR is on a distinguished roadLegendary_PSR is on a distinguished road

henry has been nothing but a big baby for a while now
Legendary_PSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 15:44   #119
Nugget
Inactive

Quote:
Yep it was a foul, but that doesn't excuse Henry clutching his face as if he had been elbowed when Puyol's arm was clearly nowhere near his face.
I agree entirely - unfortunately, this is the sort of thing that FIFA should be clamping down on, but haven't

Quote:
Come on, who here honestly thinks that the ref sent Rooney off because Ronaldo told him to?
Not at all - what I think is that several of the Portuguese players didn't help with the entire situation.
Old 03-07-2006, 15:49   #120
gazzae
Inactive

Quote:
Not at all - what I think is that several of the Portuguese players didn't help with the entire situation.
If Rooney hadn't started shoving he might have stayed on the pitch. Watch it again the ref only took action after he shoved Ronaldo. Blame lies solely with Rooney.

Reverse the situation? Terry gets a boot in the nuts, are you telling me England players wouldn't complain to the ref?