Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 19:40   #1096
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: The Xbox One Thread

I know what you are saying but 500GB isnt all that small. However I don't see them taking too long to add USB3 Ext HDD support.
Old 11-11-2013, 19:45   #1097
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age

I'm also going digital , I'll just delete older games , or trade them in if they go ahead with a digital store (read it somewhere) to sell games on. Generally I never go back to an old game and could always download it again to play if I had deleted it...
Old 11-11-2013, 20:05   #1098
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
... plus also you can't trade-in digital downloads...
I don't trade my games in anyway, so it's not an issue. Did I read somewhere that an external HDD Can be used as well?
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 20:24   #1099
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
Did I read somewhere that an external HDD Can be used as well?
Yep, but not at launch.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 21:04   #1100
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Just to confirm what I'd earlier assumed.

FIFA 14 on current gen and FIFA 14 on Next-Gen have no visual differences, only gameplay (Ignite Engine is exclusive to NG consoles)

So rather than people throwing fits on release day, there it is. Why they haven't taken the opportunity to up the textures is anyone's guess. Madden is also in the same boat.

EA Sports in a nutshell though, they wont be budging anytime soon. Activision didn't do it with COD and that was a current and NG release. Anyone's guess.
Old 11-11-2013, 21:23   #1101
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Yep, but not at launch.
It's cool that they will be adding it eventually though
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 21:40   #1102
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Just to confirm what I'd earlier assumed.

FIFA 14 on current gen and FIFA 14 on Next-Gen have no visual differences, only gameplay (Ignite Engine is exclusive to NG consoles)

So rather than people throwing fits on release day, there it is. Why they haven't taken the opportunity to up the textures is anyone's guess. Madden is also in the same boat.

EA Sports in a nutshell though, they wont be budging anytime soon. Activision didn't do it with COD and that was a current and NG release. Anyone's guess.
That's what happens when they rush an unfinished broken game out every year, every year I think they'll do something different , every year I'm disappointed ...
Old 11-11-2013, 21:44   #1103
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
That's what happens when they rush an unfinished broken game out every year, every year I think they'll do something different , every year I'm disappointed ...
You're not alone. You're always left with no choice other to buy it or miss out playing with mates too.
Old 11-11-2013, 22:31   #1104
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I would like to go digital only but if it costs £10 more than the disk version then i don't think it is worth it as they're currently so expensive.

I do wish they would let us know the UK digital prices this week before my disk versions get despatched though so i can make a decision based on price!
Old 11-11-2013, 23:09   #1105
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

The current 360 dash has a little tab at the bottom that says £10 free Xbox credit.

I threw my controller after entering.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:23   #1106
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Here is a list of launch game install sizes so not as bad as what i originally thought, however i am unsure whether digital/disk versions take up different space. I am now left wondering whether to cancel my disk based versions of BF4 and AC4 with the hope of being able to download them at a reasonable price and speed on launch day!

Source: neogaf

Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag - 20GB
Battlefield 4 - 33GB
Call of Duty: Ghosts - 39GB
Crimson Dragon
Dead Rising 3 - 19GB
FIFA 14 - 8GB
Fighter Within - 9.2GB
Forza Motorsport 5 - 31GB
Just Dance 2014 - 22GB
Killer Instinct - 2.4GB (Source) // 3.4GB for full install, can play after downloading 2.4GB
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Lococycle - 13GB
Madden NFL 25 - 12GB
NBA 2K14 - 43GB
NBA Live 14 - 9GB
Need for Speed: Rivals
Powerstar Golf - 3.9GB
Ryse: Son of Rome - 34GB
Skylanders: Swap Force - 15GB
Xbox Fitness - 246MB
Zoo Tycoon - 2.6GB
Zumba: World Party - 24GB
Old 12-11-2013, 10:32   #1107
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Here is how much disk space would be used if you installed 19 of the 21 launch games

http://imgur.com/KlZ9t0V
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:37   #1108
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I really don't know what to do now, how many of you guys are going digital ONLY, and are you buying a few disk based games for launch or taking the risk and waiting for the digital versions on the store to show up and download?
Old 12-11-2013, 10:52   #1109
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I really don't know what to do now, how many of you guys are going digital ONLY, and are you buying a few disk based games for launch or taking the risk and waiting for the digital versions on the store to show up and download?
What ive decided to do is, on launch date look at the prices and if its nor too bad then go digital only, if how ever the games are alot more expensive then i will go into town later on that day and get them on disks and wait till they have down in price and get the digital version and then trade in the disk version.

What im also going to do is download KI while i wait for other games to download that why i can play something while waiting for Fifa 14 and Forza to download. My mate is doing the same so we can play KI together while chatting on Skype while we wait for games to download.
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:09   #1110
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

i may do the same thing as my console comes with Forza 5, just seeing if i can cancel my Amazon orders easily now.

With Battlefield 4 it says you get the China Rising multiplayer pack free, so i am now wondering if that is missing from the digital downloads or disk versions i get at a later date in the shop?

Tesco are also selling AC4 for £55 when i get it for £49 on Amazon.

Edit

Just cancelled AC4 i will keep BF4 seeing it comes with free DLC and i can keep that in the drive.