Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Emmerdale

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Emmerdale

Old 25-03-2010, 21:58   #91
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Re: Emmerdale

I prefer it to Coronation Street, it's nothing like it used to be especially since Jean Alexander (Hilda Ogden) left. Eastenders can be very good at times.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-03-2010, 22:03   #92
Sasha222
Inactive

Sasha222 has a nice shiny starSasha222 has a nice shiny star
Sasha222 has a nice shiny star

Eastenders is a bore fest and so depressing. Corrie is going downhill. They should sack the story writers. Emmerdale is my fav
Sasha222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 19:43   #93
Sasha222
Inactive

Was it Sam that reported Alana to the Broder Patrol
Old 13-04-2010, 19:45   #94
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by defirish View Post
Was it Sam that reported Alana to the Broder Patrol
yep
Old 13-04-2010, 22:34   #95
Sasha222
Inactive

He was the last person I would have picked to have reported her. I thought it was your one in the shop but I suppose it was to obivious. I felt so sorry for her.. Ya I know it's just a soap but it was like true to real life and she played a very good part

---------- Post added at 22:34 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Product 13 View Post
I prefer it to Coronation Street, it's nothing like it used to be especially since Jean Alexander (Hilda Ogden) left. Eastenders can be very good at times.
Hilda was a true charater and it was sad when she left. The story lines are boring at the moment and the fun is gone out of it. I stay away from eastenders as I find it very depressing
Old 14-04-2010, 20:46   #96
Sasha222
Inactive

Emmerdale was brill tonight and the storylines are getting better. I would say at the moment it's way better than Corrie. I felt so sorry for Sam tonight. He's a fantastic actor
Old 14-04-2010, 21:40   #97
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I think all the UK soaps are suffering from increasingly unrealistic storylines atm.
They are increasingly about characters either shagging or killing one another.

Take Emmerdale. In the last couple of years, we've seen Maxwell Caulfield move in, made love to Kim Thomson and get killed. His son and daughter also almost committed incest (although a Channel 4 doc I saw a while back said this happens more often than people think when long lost siblings meet a sibling they didn't know they had as they can mistake the family link for a sexual love). We've also had the vicar's ex move in and try to kill his current wife, not to mention the local shopkeeper done for a fraud she didn't commit and serve prison time. We've also had lesbians, and gay men meet and fall in love. We also have an Asbo wielding Chav son of one of the characters, and Charity and Cain appear to have a thriving business conning the obviously inexhaustible supply of rich old men the village has out of their cars. All without the rest of the population noticing. I haven't even mentioned the Immigration raid on the local B&B..

This is all in a small village. In my (admittedly limited) experience of small villages, if anyone done anything more than a fart in the village, word'll get round most of the villagers almost at the speed of light. I also think most small villages wouldn't see that much action in 100 years..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 21:52   #98
Sasha222
Inactive

Ya and that is the greatest thing about the soaps good or bad we can get lost in the storylines. I just wish they started writing the true to life storys and stop trying to outdo one another. All the people for all the soaps who are doing the writing at the moment should be fired and get back to the good stroy lines again
Old 14-04-2010, 22:29   #99
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I have to admit, it can be entertaining. It's just a little worrying that brookside went that way (body under the lawn, lesbians, several explosions, at least one drugs death and a killer virus are several storylines that spring to mind) and that ended up getting axed due to declining viewing figures.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 22:33   #100
Sasha222
Inactive

Ya and it was so good when it started of and the same with family affairs and yet they got axed. Im surprised that Emmerdale and Corrie have lasted so long and eastenders.
Old 19-04-2010, 18:47   #101
Sasha222
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
natasha tells nathan about the shooting tonight so nathan starts black mailing his mother
Does Nathan ever come back and will Marks body ever be found. Or are they all just going to move on and that will be the end of the storyline
Old 19-04-2010, 19:02   #102
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Does Nathan ever come back and will Marks body ever be found. Or are they all just going to move on and that will be the end of the storyline
it will all come back to haunt them ,

the new character Jason Merrels has a lot to do with it

How does he integrate into the Wyldes' scenario?
"Nathan's not overly impressed and takes against him - no surprise there! - but he's something of a saviour for Natasha. Mark's money's been frozen so her cash is running thin, so he steps in and strikes a very hard bargain. We see what he's made of from the outset. Then he and Natasha grow increasingly close but obviously she's got the biggest skeleton in the closet - or the woods in her case! - and that won't make it easy for her to ever get close to anybody again. It's an intriguing relationship that stops and starts with various diversions en route. It'll never be easy for them but that will all ultimately play into the discovery of Mark's body. I'm not about to leave that lying in the wood for the next year and have everyone waiting because I think people will grow tired of waiting. There will be enough twists and turns en route, though, and the reveal of the body starts another great story - and by that point, there are so many different players involved, it should get quite messy!"

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...emmerdale.html
full interview here
Old 19-04-2010, 19:10   #103
Sasha222
Inactive

Yes that looks really good and about time as well because I thought that they were just going to let the story end the way it did and Nathan was out of it for good

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

Did your one with Carl get something done to her face because it looks really bad
Old 19-04-2010, 19:10   #104
martyh

Quote:
Yes that looks really good and about time as well because I thought that they were just going to let the story end the way it did and Nathan was out of it for good

nope it's soap land ,justice has to be seen to be done
Old 19-04-2010, 19:32   #105
Sasha222
Inactive

But god knows when. They will probable wait till Christmas for the body to be found. And how come they dont show Sam doing his jog on the land as game keeper

---------- Post added at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 19:17 ----------

Quote:
Arron tries to kill himself

---------- Post added at 19:32 ---------- Previous post was at 19:29 ----------

That was a very good speech from Sam. I like him and also the Aaron story line is very well done