Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football : Season 2009/2010

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football : Season 2009/2010

Old 16-08-2009, 18:28   #91
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Re: Football : Season 2009/2010

Was Torres playing today?
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-08-2009, 18:34   #92
Sox
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Telephone- T.V X.L Broadband .L. Sky Sports
Sox has reached the bronze age
Sox has reached the bronze ageSox has reached the bronze ageSox has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Well quite a result from Spurs and an unconvincing game from Liverpool. Liverpool are going to have to do much better to challenge for the title..
Agreed,Liverpool didn't start playing till the 2ed half which is what cost us (Liverpool ) the title last season.Keane could have had a hat trick.Liverpool again relied on Gerrard and Torres.Maybe we should have had a 2ed pen when Voronin went down but then again he could have stayed on his feet.Tottenham throughly deserved their win and worked hard throughout the game.Benayoun did well when he came on.Babel again disappointed.Liverpool need another striker and prob another central defender.
Congratulations to Spurs.
Sox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2009, 18:36   #93
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I would put Spurs to finish 5th this season on the back of that performance, they will certainly finish above Everton and Villa. Although with Man City splashing the cash I think I would have to put them 6th.

My top 6 this season:
  1. Chelsea
  2. United
  3. Liverpool
  4. Arsenal
  5. Man City
  6. Spurs
Although I think positions 2 to 4 could easily change. I was going to put United 3rd but Liverpool's performance changed that. I also think Arsenal could finish second but wanna see more from them first.

Spurs could easily finish above City but given City have not finished their spending yet and are likely to break the bank in mid-season as well I put them 5th.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2009, 18:38   #94
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

Liverpool. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Turkey Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2009, 19:36   #95
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

It was a brilliant result today for us Yido's, but on a point of law, If Gomez brought down Johnson of Liverpool for the penalty, surely, Gomez should have walked,. I am suprised - but still a great result.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2009, 19:42   #96
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
It was a brilliant result today for us Yido's, but on a point of law, If Gomez brought down Johnson of Liverpool for the penalty, surely, Gomez should have walked,. I am suprised - but still a great result.
He didn't deny a clear goal scoring chance with the foul, it was simply a penalty but it would have been harsh to send him off.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2009, 19:51   #97
Sox
Inactive

Sox has reached the bronze ageSox has reached the bronze ageSox has reached the bronze age

Quote:

As a Liverpool Fan,I think it would have been very harsh on Gomez if he had been sent off.Tottenham played as a unit unlike Liverpool.agreed an excellent result for Spurs.Shows how much they have improved under Redknapp.Could be contenders for a Champions League spot if they continue their fantastic home form under Redknapp.
Good luck for the rest of the season to them.
Old 17-08-2009, 18:04   #98
Matty_
cf.geek

Matty_ has reached the bronze age
Matty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze age

When will Senior Benitez come to the conclusion that zonal marking is absolute rubbish, the number of goals Liverpool concede due to poor play at set pieces is ridiculous. Surely the players would prefer to mark a man each then they know where there at.
Stop anyone from getting a run at the ball, John Terry stops attackers getting there head to the ball by pushing, shoving, holding, etc, surely someone like Carragher would be the main man for this, in this zonal system he is wasted imo.
Matty_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 18:27   #99
Sox
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty_ View Post
When will Senior Benitez come to the conclusion that zonal marking is absolute rubbish, the number of goals Liverpool concede due to poor play at set pieces is ridiculous. Surely the players would prefer to mark a man each then they know where there at.
Stop anyone from getting a run at the ball, John Terry stops attackers getting there head to the ball by pushing, shoving, holding, etc, surely someone like Carragher would be the main man for this, in this zonal system he is wasted imo.

Yep the 2ed goal was a poor one to concede by the Liverpool defence.
Agreed Carragher could do a terry in the Liverpool defence.
Well done Tottenham for the win but Liverpool have defensive problems for Wednesday night.
Old 17-08-2009, 18:54   #100
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

It appears from the news tonight, that Jermaine Defoe was nick again last night by the same force that nick him a few days ago.
Old 17-08-2009, 19:19   #101
Matty_
cf.geek

Matty_ has reached the bronze age
Matty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze age

Quote:
It appears from the news tonight, that Jermaine Defoe was nick again last night by the same force that nick him a few days ago.
Sounds like they have taken a real disliking to Defoe, which is not really surprising as he is taking them to court (i think!). Also whenever i`ve seen him interviewed, which was a while back he came across as a bit of a "Don`t you know who i am" type.
Wonder if there having a bet down at the pig pen
Matty_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 20:14   #102
arcamalpha2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty_ View Post

Matty, I think the league table from last season proves a point.
Liverpool conceded three more goals than Man Utd and Chelsea.
I think Benitez hears all the critisism of the marking system he uses but he wont change his mind, because lets face it, at the end of the day, he survives or fails by his decisions.
I look at it this way, it was the draws that cost Liverpool last season, the system of marking is way down my list.
And lets face it, if Carragher was used in the same way Terry is, Carragher would be off the pitch more than on it, he would not be so lucky to get away with it.
Old 17-08-2009, 20:36   #103
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Hi Matty, it would make matters wosre for Defoe, if the coppers who nick him again were Arsenal fans
Old 17-08-2009, 20:41   #104
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8205992.stm

Being stopped for a roadside check is hardly the same as being nicked. Besides as a footballer he was probably driving like a tadger anyway.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 20:47   #105
arcamalpha2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek S View Post
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8205992.stm

Being stopped for a roadside check is hardly the same as being nicked. Besides as a footballer he was probably driving like a tadger anyway.

I think his reason for sueing the police is the constant times he is stopped by police, apparently the police apologised saying it was a data inputting error
So all footballers drive like " Tadgers " Derek?
Why bother with the court system? just hang them hey ?