Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Post-Brexit Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Post-Brexit Thread
Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 17:35   #1021
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Emergency brake? Lol. Think our emegency brake has been dumped in the channel. We have no power or influence to make demands any longer.
I'd say more likely France will use it for leverage during the exit negotiations, given that they are going to be handled by the Council rather than the Commission.
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2016, 17:35   #1022
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
@BigBrian:

It is sow, not sew, he's not fixing clothes, he's sowing seeds.. (in the metaphor anyway)
And I was going to be nice and not mention it
Old 05-07-2016, 08:57   #1023
Big Brian
Inactive

Big Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
@BigBrian:

It is sow, not sew, he's not fixing clothes, he's sowing seeds.. (in the metaphor anyway)
I stand corrected. Just brought images of pigs to mind.

---------- Post added at 08:55 ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
clever sow and sew
it's the easy words I have difficulty with. The hard ones I usually get right. Take Farage for example. I've been calling him Ferage. Long as that's all I call him I'm sure he won't mind. Shame he's resigned though.

---------- Post added at 08:57 ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
I'd say more likely France will use it for leverage during the exit negotiations, given that they are going to be handled by the Council rather than the Commission.
Well it was a question actually, I don't know what they can do.
Old 05-07-2016, 14:24   #1024
Big Brian
Inactive

Big Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really nice

Is it right Theresa May in prepared to accept freedom of movement for the single market? If this is the case, why the referendum? We may as well stay as we are.
Old 05-07-2016, 14:50   #1025
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brian View Post
Is it right Theresa May in prepared to accept freedom of movement for the single market? If this is the case, why the referendum? We may as well stay as we are.
This was stated many many times by the 'remain' campaign. Access to the single market is dependent on the freedom of movement

I think Switzerland may be about to also find out this one...
Old 05-07-2016, 14:56   #1026
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Some interesting thoughts by Kenneth Clarke, the former Conservative chancellor, mocking three of the leading candidates in the Tory leadership contest.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...-jeremy-corbyn
Old 05-07-2016, 15:02   #1027
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

I like Ken Clarke, he really doesn't give a toss who he upsets. Loved it when he was made Health minister - an overweight, chain smoking. spirit drinker...... He and Hestletine were usually right on the EU but his party never listened.
Old 05-07-2016, 15:17   #1028
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Don't forget his hush puppies....
Old 05-07-2016, 15:18   #1029
Big Brian
Inactive

Quote:
I like Ken Clarke, he really doesn't give a toss who he upsets. Loved it when he was made Health minister - an overweight, chain smoking. spirit drinker...... He and Hestletine were usually right on the EU but his party never listened.
Indeed. I love politicians like that
Old 05-07-2016, 16:37   #1030
denphone
Still alive and fighting

M&G and Aviva suspend property fund redemptions as Brexit fears mount.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...-business-live
Old 05-07-2016, 17:05   #1031
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Some interesting thoughts by Kenneth Clarke, the former Conservative chancellor, mocking three of the leading candidates in the Tory leadership contest.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...-jeremy-corbyn
Just watched that and it's hysterical ,but i wouldn't be very happy with Sky for showing it ,it's only going to needlessly antagonise the situation

Old 05-07-2016, 17:44   #1032
Mr K
Woke and proud !

http://news.sky.com/story/1721982/wa...ory-candidates

do you think he knew he was being recorded ? See his sartorial elegance has improved...
Old 05-07-2016, 17:47   #1033
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
http://news.sky.com/story/1721982/wa...ory-candidates

do you think he knew he was being recorded ? See his sartorial elegance has improved...
Just watched that and it's hysterical ,but i wouldn't be very happy with Sky for showing it ,it's only going to needlessly antagonise the situation

Old 05-07-2016, 18:22   #1034
Big Brian
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
It was cool. Channel 5 News played it. The thing is, he's right from what I can tell.
Old 05-07-2016, 18:27   #1035
martyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brian View Post
It was cool. Channel 5 News played it. The thing is, he's right from what I can tell.
I know ,but i can smell the burning bridges up here

Closed Thread